Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Panamera to Mas QP GTS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-29-2014, 09:49 AM
jyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond repute
Panamera to Mas QP GTS

Hi Guys,
Picking up a 14 Mas QP GTS this saturday, will post review later. Pan was a great car but wanted to try something new and different.

It's been a pleasure to be part of this board!

Old 07-29-2014, 02:52 PM
Banned
doktorek has a spectacular aura aboutdoktorek has a spectacular aura aboutdoktorek has a spectacular aura about
I think that GP has too many chrysler parts for my taste. I looked at it before the Panny. Front end looks HOT but rear end looks like any midrange japanese import.
S-class coupe is a very nice car all around (eventhough I dont like the brand)

Old 07-29-2014, 02:55 PM
ace10 Is a GOD !ace10 Is a GOD !ace10 Is a GOD !ace10 Is a GOD !ace10 Is a GOD !ace10 Is a GOD !ace10 Is a GOD !ace10 Is a GOD !ace10 Is a GOD !ace10 Is a GOD !ace10 Is a GOD !
Last year, I was looking for a new DD. Seriously considered the Maser GT. Couldn't believe the price cuts they were offering on units in-stock. Depreciation must be absolutely staggering on ordered cars. The QP and GT are real lookers, but AWD swayed me... ended up with the E63S.

Old 07-30-2014, 04:09 AM
MrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud of
I have owned a Maserati coupe when they first came back a Q Port and Gran Turismo, and my girlfriend is getting a GT convertible soon. I lost my shirt when I got rid of them, I was still drinking the Ferrari kool aid back then and fell for the whole 4 door Ferrari thing. Great engine sound but that's about it but they have updated the car in the last few years so perhaps they have fixed what I considered the cars flaws. Good luck with it!

Old 07-31-2014, 02:58 PM
cole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by jyupitt1
Hi Guys,
Picking up a 14 Mas QP GTS this saturday, will post review later. Pan was a great car but wanted to try something new and different.

It's been a pleasure to be part of this board!

Sorry to hear that....I cannot imagine it will even be a close comparison...

regardless, enjoy your new toy!

Old 08-03-2014, 12:01 AM
jyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond repute
Here are some pix. Will be doing some more work to it.

Quick review on the car:

Power - tons, spins tires with traction control on easily
Handling - Pretty good for car this size, but not as good as Pan, it just doesnt feel as connected and steering wheel is too big, driver seat not as "hugging" as the pan
Interior - fit and finish is not great, some materials are top notch, others very average.
Technology - The chrysler sourced Info Center has a cheap look to it. Fonts/Colors not as refined or upscale as Pan. Back entertainment center completely useless, only has USB and RCA input, not touch screen. Rear luxury seating is comfortable, but subpar compared to competitors in terms of functionality

Overall - still need to get used to the car, i dont really know how to describe this car, it tries to be 2 very different cars, and not very good at either of them. Pan on the other hand, does luxury and sport very well. I do like it so far, as it sounds great on the outside and you do feel special driving it.

Last edited by jyupitt1; 08-03-2014 at 12:13 AM.
Old 08-03-2014, 09:19 AM
Banned
doktorek has a spectacular aura aboutdoktorek has a spectacular aura aboutdoktorek has a spectacular aura about
Great looking car but it sounds like you will go back to the Panny within 6 months.
Good luck.

Old 08-03-2014, 09:21 AM
chance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by jyupitt1
Here are some pix. Will be doing some more work to it.

Quick review on the car:

Power - tons, spins tires with traction control on easily
Handling - Pretty good for car this size, but not as good as Pan, it just doesnt feel as connected and steering wheel is too big, driver seat not as "hugging" as the pan
Interior - fit and finish is not great, some materials are top notch, others very average.
Technology - The chrysler sourced Info Center has a cheap look to it. Fonts/Colors not as refined or upscale as Pan. Back entertainment center completely useless, only has USB and RCA input, not touch screen. Rear luxury seating is comfortable, but subpar compared to competitors in terms of functionality

Overall - still need to get used to the car, i dont really know how to describe this car, it tries to be 2 very different cars, and not very good at either of them. Pan on the other hand, does luxury and sport very well. I do like it so far, as it sounds great on the outside and you do feel special driving it.
I've always loved the looks of the GT MC coupes. Scared to drive one for fear I would buy one on the spot.

Old 08-03-2014, 10:20 AM
Pbread is on a distinguished road
Agree - sexy car!! Thx for the review.

Old 08-03-2014, 10:31 AM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cole328
Sorry to hear that....I cannot imagine it will even be a close comparison...

regardless, enjoy your new toy!
For what it's worth a friend of mine dumped his Porsche for a QP and is not happy. Hope your ownership experience is better!

Old 08-03-2014, 11:06 AM
cole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by ace10
Last year, I was looking for a new DD. Seriously considered the Maser GT. Couldn't believe the price cuts they were offering on units in-stock. Depreciation must be absolutely staggering on ordered cars. The QP and GT are real lookers, but AWD swayed me... ended up with the E63S.

How are you enjoying the E63? Always wanted to experience an AMG car...maybe I will get one of those for my next ride...

Old 08-04-2014, 05:27 AM
ace10 Is a GOD !ace10 Is a GOD !ace10 Is a GOD !ace10 Is a GOD !ace10 Is a GOD !ace10 Is a GOD !ace10 Is a GOD !ace10 Is a GOD !ace10 Is a GOD !ace10 Is a GOD !ace10 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cole328
How are you enjoying the E63? Always wanted to experience an AMG car...maybe I will get one of those for my next ride...

It's a pretty incredible car, but I'm a Merc guy. Supercar performance for $100K.

Old 08-04-2014, 09:26 PM
dhh
dhh has a spectacular aura aboutdhh has a spectacular aura about
I understand the OP - there are so few choices other than a Panamera after you have owned one - I am in the same boat - I want a different car but have no idea what to get . The QP and Rapide are my two choices - probably will opt for the ergonomically challenged Rapide next.

Old 08-05-2014, 01:03 PM
Serg124 has a reputation beyond reputeSerg124 has a reputation beyond reputeSerg124 has a reputation beyond reputeSerg124 has a reputation beyond reputeSerg124 has a reputation beyond reputeSerg124 has a reputation beyond reputeSerg124 has a reputation beyond reputeSerg124 has a reputation beyond reputeSerg124 has a reputation beyond reputeSerg124 has a reputation beyond reputeSerg124 has a reputation beyond repute
jyupitt1 did you own previous QP (GTS)? can you compare new to old?

Old 08-05-2014, 03:15 PM
NelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by dhh
I understand the OP - there are so few choices other than a Panamera after you have owned one - I am in the same boat - I want a different car but have no idea what to get . The QP and Rapide are my two choices - probably will opt for the ergonomically challenged Rapide next.

Exactly. IMO, there is nothing out there that will provide the same overall package that I've seen. I'm keeping mine until I find something definitively better. That said, I'm still very happy with my PT-especially with the exhaust and ECU mods I've added. If I made a change now, I'd go for a sports car. A new GT3-if I could find one or something similar might work for a while.

Last edited by NelsonF; 08-05-2014 at 04:47 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Panamera to Mas QP GTS