Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buying a 2010 Porsche Panamera Turbo - Need Advice

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-26-2014, 09:01 AM
FIRST_PORSCHE is on a distinguished road
Buying a 2010 Porsche Panamera Turbo - Need Advice

Hi everyone, i put my deposit down on a used 1 owner 2010 Panamera Turbo AWD yesterday and need advice. This car has over 45K miles on it and no warranty left. The dealership is putting new tires on it for me and claim it just had it's oil changed at the Porsche dealership down the street from them on Wednesday. It's a little scary buying a car this expensive with no warranty so please let me know what i can expect as far as service issues etc. I know these cars are reliable but this will be my daily driver so i appreciate any input. How often can i expect to replace the brakes etc? The car is out of state so i went and drove it last week and it should be shipped to me by this Friday. I'm excited but nervous at the same time.

Thanks in advance!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	06.jpg
Views:	368
Size:	59.8 KB
ID:	405962  
Old 10-26-2014, 11:19 AM
chance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by FIRST_PORCHE
Hi everyone, i put my deposit down on a used 1 owner 2010 Panamera Turbo AWD yesterday and need advice. This car has over 45K miles on it and no warranty left. The dealership is putting new tires on it for me and claim it just had it's oil changed at the Porsche dealership down the street from them on Wednesday. It's a little scary buying a car this expensive with no warranty so please let me know what i can expect as far as service issues etc. I know these cars are reliable but this will be my daily driver so i appreciate any input. How often can i expect to replace the brakes etc? The car is out of state so i went and drove it last week and it should be shipped to me by this Friday. I'm excited but nervous at the same time.

Thanks in advance!
You should be able to get a PPI done on it. Pre-purchase inspection. A porsche tech should be able to get you the brake pad thicknesses, etc. If front pads haven't been done yet, you may be getting close.

Old 10-26-2014, 11:25 PM
cheetos72 is on a distinguished road
Make sure to look for the threads with known issues. When test driving listen for a sqweeky or crunching noise from the front suspension and a whistling noise at speed (55 mph). I believe both are rather expensive fixes. Also I belive enter and drive on the 2010 had some replacement parts due to interference. You'd know if it were an issue I think if you take multiple test drives.

Lastly enjoy. The panamera turbo is a great car!

Old 10-27-2014, 04:36 PM
bornagain1973 is on a distinguished road
whistlng noise

Any idea what that noise is ?

Old 10-27-2014, 05:42 PM
For the whistling noise I've read two things :

The rubber seal around the rear hatch and a hatch adjustment.

Or

The drive train components being close to the AC drains (?) and the drains acting as a conduit to transfer the noise.

You may want to see this thread :

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...er-speeds.html

Last edited by cheetos72; 10-27-2014 at 10:01 PM.
Old 10-28-2014, 12:56 PM
nick.kapoor is on a distinguished road
Rear hatch was a five minute fix but took two weeks to diagnose. If you do hear it buy a 5 buck painters tape and seal the hatch totally. Keep pulling the tape back to determine when the noise comes back. Mostly it will be on the top part of the hatch. The hatch can be adjusted in less than 5 minutes. That's been my experience. And last but not the least the ptt is awesome. You will love it.

Old 10-28-2014, 09:57 PM
TheBeav will become famous soon enough
You can always buy an aftermarket warranty.

My Porsche service manager speaks very highly of Fidelity. Their Platinum warranty states very clearly what is excluded from coverage - everything else is included. To get good prices look on some of the MB boards. There was a Toyota dealership in CT selling them at great rates. Can do everything by email.

Old 10-31-2014, 09:46 PM
sjj31 is on a distinguished road
Just pulled the trigger myself on a 2010 turbo. Probably overpaid but it came from a private collection with 5700 miles and got the local dealer to cpo it as they had done all service. Loaded to hilt (sticker was 178k) getting next week excited! They took in trade my 2006 cayenne turbo as well which never had any major issues with and trading in with 72k miles. New to forum.

Old 10-31-2014, 11:51 PM
Originally Posted by sjj31
...Probably overpaid but it came from a private collection with 5700 miles and got the local dealer to cpo it as they had done all service. Loaded to hilt (sticker was 178k) getting next week excited! ...
Well as long as we all feel we overpaid - maybe we didn't

Welcome! Can't wait to hear the options you have! I thought mine just had been loaded at 164k

You will love it - at least I really do!

Old 11-01-2014, 05:13 AM
sjj31 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Clorigo
Well as long as we all feel we overpaid - maybe we didn't

Welcome! Can't wait to hear the options you have! I thought mine just had been loaded at 164k

You will love it - at least I really do!
Attached..... I have always loved how the porsche option system works.....I wonder if a base porsche has ever been built. LOL! Oh it doesn't have cooled seats.... I found something missing, just heated. I sold my super silver 750hp GTR this summer as became too much work and now merging it and the cayenne together into the panamera. I have to tell you driving it I am jaded by the GTR but darn this thing is quick for a 4 door!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	panamera.PNG
Views:	405
Size:	665.6 KB
ID:	406542  

Last edited by sjj31; 11-01-2014 at 05:15 AM.
Old 11-10-2014, 03:40 AM
randy5566 is on a distinguished road
It's amazing guyzzzz
ew from VR Tuned is this performance Tuning Box kit for the Porsche Panamera Turbo 970. This tuning box kit is a plug and play solution to tune your cars fuel, timing, and boost giving you up to 40% more power and 20% fuel savings. This Tuning Box works on the 2011-2014 with both the SDI6 and SDI8 ECUs. The VR Tuned ECU Tuning Box Kit gives your Panamera Turbo engine a gain in power from 500bhp to 600bhp gaining you 100hp!

Last edited by randy5566; 11-10-2014 at 03:44 AM.
Old 11-18-2014, 02:02 PM
FIRST_PORSCHE is on a distinguished road
Thanks everyone for your responses...I ended up getting my deposit back. I found out during an inspection the car was in an accident which wasn't reported to car fax etc. I'm still hunting for a Pana turbo....thanks again!

Old 11-18-2014, 03:00 PM
LBK
LBK will become famous soon enough
I know of one 2010 that is available in New York. It is pretty loaded for $84,000 CPO with 26,000 miles. I looked at it briefly and then decided to go with a lower mile 2012 Panamera 4S.

When I noticed it, it was not yet listed and there were no pictures online. If you have any interest, send me a PM and I will give you the dealership contact information. I also happen to have the build sheet and Carfax if you want them.

Old 11-20-2014, 04:49 PM
NelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to behold
Ptt

My blk/blk 2011 PTT with 26k miles and warrantee good through 5/16 is for sale. Sticker at 164k, with great options. PDCC, PTV, Sport Chrono, PSE, Burmester, sport trim package. Plus GIAC switchable program, Fabspeed downpipes with HJS sport cats and xpipe coupled with stock sport exhaust. No issues, runs and sounds great. PM if any interest.
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/automobiles-sale/347070-panamera-turbo-w-essential-mods.html

Last edited by NelsonF; 11-25-2014 at 09:49 AM.
Old 11-26-2014, 01:12 PM
PorV8 is on a distinguished road
Make sure to purchase an aftermarket warranty. Any repairs will cost you by thousands and you guaranteed to go through a few.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Buying a 2010 Porsche Panamera Turbo - Need Advice