Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2015 GTS vs. 2014 PTT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-30-2014, 05:49 AM
georgemaser is a glorious beacon of lightgeorgemaser is a glorious beacon of lightgeorgemaser is a glorious beacon of lightgeorgemaser is a glorious beacon of lightgeorgemaser is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by chance6
I am now being engulfed in what is referred to on this forum as "dealer heat". Calls every 2 hours wondering if we can get this done by end of the month. hello I have a job and this car is out of state. They threaten that price of PTT may rise for November. So be it. Not going to succumb to dealer heat. Feels very pressured.
There are a lot of 2014 PTTs out there. See if they will discount it more to get the deal done but get the one that feels right to you.

Old 10-30-2014, 07:26 AM
chance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by georgemaser

There are a lot of 2014 PTTs out there. See if they will discount it more to get the deal done but get the one that feels right to you.
Indeed! I will not deal with dealer bully tactics!

Old 10-30-2014, 07:33 AM
dudecs is a jewel in the roughdudecs is a jewel in the roughdudecs is a jewel in the rough
This is the time to "make a deal", especially with in-stock inventory... end of the month. See these tips.

Old 10-30-2014, 07:58 AM
Michael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant future
The things I'm fighting are higher revving in the GTS, more sporting setup of PDK, and no PDCC on the PTT which does help agility.
No PDDC on my GTS. It's fine. Trust me, get the turbo. Another league. Lower that bad boy and you will be very happy.

Old 10-30-2014, 11:06 AM
NelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to behold
Pdcc

These cars are big and heavy but still among the best handling of all the cars this range. PDCC improves this dynamic as it helps manage the weight transitions. My recommendation is to get the PDCC if possible. I'd obviously opt for the turbo as well. Both are great though. They are great cars, enjoy!

Last edited by NelsonF; 10-30-2014 at 03:38 PM.
Old 10-30-2014, 02:57 PM
cole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of light
I'm a vote for the GTS.....I just think its a more rare, unique car. Sure, the Turbo has redonculous power, but how fast can one really drive on public roads? Plus, I think the PDCC on these is a borderline "must have." Lastly, that red leather may get old.

Obviously...both great cars, and we are all lucky we can afford.

Keep us posted

Old 10-31-2014, 09:37 AM
ace10 Is a GOD !ace10 Is a GOD !ace10 Is a GOD !ace10 Is a GOD !ace10 Is a GOD !ace10 Is a GOD !ace10 Is a GOD !ace10 Is a GOD !ace10 Is a GOD !ace10 Is a GOD !ace10 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by pcrocks
That looks so awesome!!
More awesome with 1.99% for 60 months, fast and friendly service. XXXX XXXXX or XXXX

Spamming dirt bag.

Old 10-31-2014, 01:56 PM
umwolverine will become famous soon enoughumwolverine will become famous soon enough
The GTS for sure. You can get a number of faster 4-seaters than the PTT. Can't get a better handling or sounding 4-seater than the GTS.

Old 11-02-2014, 08:44 AM
chance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by umwolverine
The GTS for sure. You can get a number of faster 4-seaters than the PTT. Can't get a better handling or sounding 4-seater than the GTS.
I hear you. I love the GTS but the discount on the PTT was too much to pass up. I went PTT. Maybe I'm in minority but black/carrera red interior with carbon package rocks!

The steering surprised me...much lighter than I thought it would be. And sport exhaust is a must.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20141102_094047.png
Views:	102
Size:	344.2 KB
ID:	406613  
Old 11-02-2014, 08:53 AM

I hear you. I love the GTS but the discount on the PTT was too much to pass up. I went PTT. Maybe I'm in minority but black/carrera red interior with carbon package rocks!

The steering surprised me...much lighter than I thought it would be. And sport exhaust is a must.
And it only turned out to be a $5k difference in price of the PTT vs. GTS.

Old 11-02-2014, 08:55 AM
Pbread is on a distinguished road
Great choice - love the color combo / options on her... congrats on the purchase!!

Old 11-02-2014, 09:15 AM
Originally Posted by Pbread
Great choice - love the color combo / options on her... congrats on the purchase!!
Thanks! Here's the whole list:

Sport chrono with overboost
Sport exhaust
Leather interior in black/carrera red
Carbon fiber interior package
18 way adaptive sport seats
Entry and drive
LED headlights in black with PDLS plus
LCA
park assist with rev camera
Turbo I I wheels with all seasons
Exterior pkg in high gloss black
Sport design steering wheel
Porsche crest on Headrests front/rear
Bose

Need to wrap the front end.

Old 11-02-2014, 11:16 AM
NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !
I thought you said it didn't have entry and drive. That would have been a big issue for me.

So congratulations! I think you made a good decision.

Old 11-02-2014, 11:29 AM
Originally Posted by NiceCar
I thought you said it didn't have entry and drive. That would have been a big issue for me.

So congratulations! I think you made a good decision.
Apparently it's standard now. It's weird, still getting used to it.

Old 11-02-2014, 08:05 PM
georgemaser is a glorious beacon of lightgeorgemaser is a glorious beacon of lightgeorgemaser is a glorious beacon of lightgeorgemaser is a glorious beacon of lightgeorgemaser is a glorious beacon of light

Congratulations. Great choice! I love mine. 960 miles on my PTTS, I can't wait until I can go part 4200 RPM. It's killing me.

Last edited by georgemaser; 11-02-2014 at 08:07 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2015 GTS vs. 2014 PTT