Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2015 GTS vs. 2014 PTT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-27-2014, 05:13 PM
chance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to behold
2015 GTS vs. 2014 PTT

Both are new cars, jet black metallic. Offering $25k off the PTT, which is the only way it would be in my budget.

GTS: fully carbon fiber spec'd + PDCC + alcantara pkg in GT silver- $129k
PTT: carbon fiber interior, black/red leather, LED headlights, chrono, PSE (no PDCC) - $136k

Both are bad $ss cars. This is gonna be a close race as to which I pick. Will come down to dealer trade-in and finance rates. Freaking out!! Thoughts?

Old 10-27-2014, 05:51 PM
NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !
Great price on the PTT, but it must be missing a lot of options.

Try them both and see which one you like best. The PDCC could be a factor depending on the roads you drive on and how aggressively you drive.

Old 10-27-2014, 06:26 PM
chance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to behold
I've driven both...and I love both for different reasons. Yep, the PTT is missing the PDCC and I wonder if the red leather turns people off.

The PTT has sport design side skirts, LED headlights in black, sport chrono, sport design steering wheel, Bose, crest in headrests (F and R), exterior pkg in black high gloss. Well spec'd!

The GTS I ordered and will be here in a week or two. If I bail on it I'll have to buy those guys some wine.

Old 10-27-2014, 06:35 PM
NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by chance6
The PTT has sport design side skirts, LED headlights in black, sport chrono, sport design steering wheel, Bose, crest in headrests (F and R), exterior pkg in black high gloss. Well spec'd!
Red seats might be interesting...

Does it come with LCA, backup camera, entry-and-drive, satellite radio?

Old 10-27-2014, 07:03 PM
Yep, LCA, backup camera, just no entry and drive. Sat radio also Standard.

Old 10-27-2014, 07:08 PM
Sounds very, very tempting if you like the colors.

Old 10-27-2014, 09:57 PM
dhh
dhh has a spectacular aura aboutdhh has a spectacular aura about
PTT - hands down. The power is intoxicating. You'll never drive at the limit anyways PDCC won't be missed

Old 10-27-2014, 10:01 PM
Originally Posted by dhh
PTT - hands down. The power is intoxicating. You'll never drive at the limit anyways PDCC won't be missed
Can't you also say that you won't really use the turbo at the limit?

Old 10-28-2014, 08:28 AM
Michael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant future
Coming from a GTS owner, get the Turbo, especially at that price. Nothing wrong with the GTS, great car, but TT in another league power wise.

Old 10-28-2014, 05:23 PM
Originally Posted by Michael_s
Coming from a GTS owner, get the Turbo, especially at that price. Nothing wrong with the GTS, great car, but TT in another league power wise.
The things I'm fighting are higher revving in the GTS, more sporting setup of PDK, and no PDCC on the PTT which does help agility.

Old 10-28-2014, 09:51 PM
TheBeav will become famous soon enough
Do you need to consider resale? PTT and GTS will have different depreciation curves.

At only $7k more, I would get the Turbo. You will thank the heavens for every red light

Old 10-29-2014, 04:55 AM
Originally Posted by TheBeav
Do you need to consider resale? PTT and GTS will have different depreciation curves.

At only $7k more, I would get the Turbo. You will thank the heavens for every red light
Yep, seems like an overwhelming statement for PTT. And, the PTT is 2014 discounted so feels like that's also a better buy in terms of depreciation.

Old 10-29-2014, 07:34 AM
georgemaser is a glorious beacon of lightgeorgemaser is a glorious beacon of lightgeorgemaser is a glorious beacon of lightgeorgemaser is a glorious beacon of lightgeorgemaser is a glorious beacon of light
I was in the same dalema. I drove them back to back and found I missed the torque pull of the turbo when I was in the GTS. When I was looking I found some great deals on the 2014 PTT and PTTS because everyone wants the GTS. I picked up a new 2014 PTTS for $40k off MSRP with delivery from California to Michigan. What a great vehicle! This is a fun, engaging vehicle. Much better then any car I have had in the past (including: 2014 Mercedes E63AMGS, 2011 PTT, 2009 Maserati GT and 2007 BMW M6). I can't believe the difference between the 2011 PTT and the 2014 PTTS, better shifting and much better exhaust note. I love the torque pull the turbo has and can't wait until I can go past 4200 RPMs. Whatever you decide I hope you enjoy it.

Old 10-29-2014, 08:49 AM
Originally Posted by georgemaser
I was in the same dalema. I drove them back to back and found I missed the torque pull of the turbo when I was in the GTS. When I was looking I found some great deals on the 2014 PTT and PTTS because everyone wants the GTS. I picked up a new 2014 PTTS for $40k off MSRP with delivery from California to Michigan. What a great vehicle! This is a fun, engaging vehicle. Much better then any car I have had in the past (including: 2014 Mercedes E63AMGS, 2011 PTT, 2009 Maserati GT and 2007 BMW M6). I can't believe the difference between the 2011 PTT and the 2014 PTTS, better shifting and much better exhaust note. I love the torque pull the turbo has and can't wait until I can go past 4200 RPMs. Whatever you decide I hope you enjoy it.
Yes the GTS does appear to be more rare. It is a loud and raucous car. Yes if it was a 2011 or 2012 I wouldn't even consider the PTT bc of the shifting and sound. But now that all is improved. Makes for a tough decision!

Old 10-30-2014, 05:14 AM
Originally Posted by georgemaser
I am now being engulfed in what is referred to on this forum as "dealer heat". Calls every 2 hours wondering if we can get this done by end of the month. hello I have a job and this car is out of state. They threaten that price of PTT may rise for November. So be it. Not going to succumb to dealer heat. Feels very pressured.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2015 GTS vs. 2014 PTT