Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New 2014 PTT owner here- with pics/impressions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-12-2014, 04:57 PM
chance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to behold
New 2014 PTT owner here- with pics/impressions

Alright so I made the switch on Halloween. I had ordered a 2015 Panamera GTS back in July and it literally showed up on the day I went to look at the PTT out of town. Very stressful weekend and honestly I wish I had more fun doing all this. I still haven't seen the GTS, but I spec'd it well so someone will be very happy with it I'm sure.

So it's a new 2014 PTT that I got at a good discount. They let me fully test drive the car and I really enjoyed it. I didn't redline it or anything but got a good taste of the torque/power. For me going in, I knew the 2014 refresh brought better PDK shifting and a louder exhaust, plus some revisions to the suspension. This car has the Pirelli grand touring all season Cinturato's and they are super quiet. I'd like to hear from PTT owners with true summer tires on their cars...in spring I'm going to put spacers on the rear axle and mount the summers and I would expect much better lateral grip.

Coming from a 991 S I wanted a true upgrade and I don't think the GTS would've done that. Quickness wise I would have been going backwards. Don't get me wrong the GTS is a fantastic car but a PTT I feel is a true upgrade. I had looked into ordering a new 911 GTS but they had zero allocations and as Spec'd that car would've put me in the $143k range. I picked up this PTT for $136k.

I have very strict requirements for a Panamera:
exterior in high gloss black
sport exhaust
Sport Chrono, carbon fiber interior, deviated stitching, and black metallic exterior. This car checked the boxes. I've never driven a Panny with PDCC but I'm sure it helps and this car doesn't have it. Oh well hopefully the summers (which I've also never driven on) do the job. I took 0.9 g's the other day with basically no real effort. It's a big car so it takes a little more finesse than a 911. Car also has LED headlights which I really didn't care about.

On to the pics!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20141031_200110.jpg
Views:	305
Size:	2.90 MB
ID:	407543   Click image for larger version

Name:	20141111_150458.jpg
Views:	359
Size:	2.24 MB
ID:	407544   Click image for larger version

Name:	20141111_144718.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	1.99 MB
ID:	407545   Click image for larger version

Name:	20141111_161344.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	1.98 MB
ID:	407546  
Old 11-12-2014, 05:02 PM
chance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to behold
And I forgot. Only going to 4000 rpm on break-in this car is faster than my 991S, no question about it.

Old 11-12-2014, 07:58 PM
disden will become famous soon enough
Great car. The power of these turbos is addicting. I made the mistake of trading in my Pan Turbo after 2 years for a 991S; big mistake, it felt so slow compared to my old Pan Turbo! Enjoy and be careful; if you punch it you'll be doing over 100mph in no time; granted you will be grinning from ear to ear !

Old 11-12-2014, 09:40 PM
TAZ40JAHRE is on a distinguished road
Wow. Just, wow. That car is amazing. Superb decision to get the PTT. Congrats.

Old 11-17-2014, 02:25 PM
Undercover Tuning has a reputation beyond reputeUndercover Tuning has a reputation beyond reputeUndercover Tuning has a reputation beyond reputeUndercover Tuning has a reputation beyond reputeUndercover Tuning has a reputation beyond reputeUndercover Tuning has a reputation beyond reputeUndercover Tuning has a reputation beyond reputeUndercover Tuning has a reputation beyond reputeUndercover Tuning has a reputation beyond reputeUndercover Tuning has a reputation beyond reputeUndercover Tuning has a reputation beyond repute
great car!

Old 11-17-2014, 02:32 PM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
That's a beauty chance! Love that interior

Old 11-17-2014, 03:09 PM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
Good luck with your new purchase! I love the red interior with the black, very nice!

Old 11-18-2014, 10:20 AM
Originally Posted by Fabspeed Motorsport
Good luck with your new purchase! I love the red interior with the black, very nice!
Thanks guys! Still can't believe I have it. Once I get summers and spacers on the rear axle this thing will be ready to party!

Old 11-18-2014, 03:43 PM
Former Vendor
HOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute
Always love seeing a sleek Panny TT - the car itself surprises so many people when they get a chance to get behind the wheel!

Congrats and enjoy the ride !

Old 11-18-2014, 05:26 PM
Originally Posted by HouseMotorsports
Always love seeing a sleek Panny TT - the car itself surprises so many people when they get a chance to get behind the wheel!

Congrats and enjoy the ride !
Oh man it's fantastic!

Old 11-18-2014, 08:31 PM
georgemaser is a glorious beacon of lightgeorgemaser is a glorious beacon of lightgeorgemaser is a glorious beacon of lightgeorgemaser is a glorious beacon of lightgeorgemaser is a glorious beacon of light
Congradulations. Use it in good health. Loving mine!

Old 11-19-2014, 06:11 AM
Samp will become famous soon enough
Great looking car. I am just afraid if I did the red I would get tired of it and want to sell. It does look great.

Old 11-19-2014, 07:01 AM
Originally Posted by Samp
Great looking car. I am just afraid if I did the red I would get tired of it and want to sell. It does look great.
The black dash is really key. And black tops on the doors. If anything it's really growing on me. I'm not going to mod this except maybe new door sills at some point and spacers. Really minor stuff. Other than that drive the crap out of it.

Old 11-19-2014, 02:57 PM
Samp will become famous soon enough
Line is the cognac/cedar on PTT and I really like the natural leather. Some day I may get brave.

Old 11-19-2014, 09:44 PM
Originally Posted by Samp
Line is the cognac/cedar on PTT and I really like the natural leather. Some day I may get brave.
One of my other favorites was black/cream which I thought gave it a really nice look. I'll have to check out the cedar color.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New 2014 PTT owner here- with pics/impressions