Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Prowling for a PTT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-25-2014, 09:50 AM
NelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to behold
Old 11-25-2014, 12:33 PM
Pbread is on a distinguished road
Wow that is nice... Great list of mods there!

Old 11-25-2014, 01:14 PM
NelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Pbread
Wow that is nice... Great list of mods there!

Thanks. I'm really impressed by the car overall. The turbo mods that some are doing are an interesting possibility. It's a surprisingly good platform.

Old 11-25-2014, 04:20 PM
Slakker has a spectacular aura aboutSlakker has a spectacular aura aboutSlakker has a spectacular aura about
Test drive fail. Drove from OKC to Dallas, all paperwork ready to go. Quick test drive just to make sure. PDCC failure on hard turn, power steering fluid everywhere. Bad omen, moving on.

Old 12-20-2014, 08:17 AM
HyperDrive is just really niceHyperDrive is just really niceHyperDrive is just really niceHyperDrive is just really nice
Originally Posted by sjj31
Not sure why you are concerned about the pccbs. If anything they will save u dollars in the long run.they are meant to be lifetime rotors, the only enemy of pccbs are heat and I am talking lots of it . I came from a 700hp Nissan GT-R that I tracked around 50 days and replaced solis iron rotors about ever seen 15 days (by comparison pads every 5 day). Since auto cross days do not generate the heat of a 20-30 minute track session you should have no worries. So buy it, and worse case scenario if you burn out the pccbs replace with iron. In the meantime I can assure you you would have had to replace 3 sets of iron to 1 pccb as such you would still be money ahead.
I am somewhat interested in selling my '14 GT-R and '08 Pontiac G8 GT (cloned into an '09 Holden Commodore SSV, 432 RWHP) for a Panamera Turbo, but haven't convinced myself to do so yet. For one, coming from a GT-R I want something that will keep me close the same performance level. I don't track my vehicles, so this would just be for the street. Also, I have read differing opinions on the Turbo vs. Turbo S. Is the Turbo S that much more worth getting just the Turbo, or should I get the Turbo and upgrade (assuming conservatively so warranty would be intact)? Again, I won't be tracking the vehicle, just want something AWD that I can drive everyday of the year (with some snow), comfortable and high tech inside, and obliterate 95% of the other vehicles on the road.

Old 12-20-2014, 10:31 AM
sjj31 is on a distinguished road
I had a 800hp Gtr and a cayenne turbo, smashed together and out came my Panamera turbo, been very happy with the decision to consolidate ... Have kept it mod free as well and nice not to hassle. Find the one that has the options u want. I have snows on it now and happy with winter performance as well

Old 12-20-2014, 10:38 AM
Samp will become famous soon enough
My PTT is more than enough for the street. It is more powerful than my C4S until the rpm get high.

It is very impressive and super comfortable. Of course to play around the 911 is the car but the PTT is very powerful and I have yet to run out of power. I may be a little more conservative than some but it is more than I use.

Old 12-20-2014, 11:39 AM
HyperDrive is just really niceHyperDrive is just really niceHyperDrive is just really niceHyperDrive is just really nice
Originally Posted by sjj31
I had a 800hp Gtr and a cayenne turbo, smashed together and out came my Panamera turbo, been very happy with the decision to consolidate ... Have kept it mod free as well and nice not to hassle. Find the one that has the options u want. I have snows on it now and happy with winter performance as well
Impressive duo you had there! While I've owned a GT-R (two of them) I've also owned, at different times, a: Audi S4, CTS-V sedan, M6, EVO MR, CTS-V wagon, and a Pontiac G8 GT. I love my GT-R, just don't like having it sit in my garage. Actually, I could throw snows on it (as I did with my '09), and just drive it as a DD. But I want something that has the same awesome power as the GT-R, but not some vehicle that every Tom, Dick, and Harry is driving around. My only hesitation at this point, and it could be due to my ignorance of Porsches, is the cost of maintaining a high end Porsche.

Old 12-20-2014, 02:07 PM
Samp will become famous soon enough
I have never driven a GT R but can say the Panamera has not disappointed. As far as maintenance it is much more reasonable than exotics. My first year was $256 for oil etc. the second year will be double because of more stuff like break fluid change but is very reasonable considering the high cost.

I have also never had such reliable solid cars. I was used to Lexus but the Porsches seem to be better. At least in my experience they have been great.

Old 12-20-2014, 03:11 PM
sjj31 is on a distinguished road
Agreed my cayenne turbo was a 2006 and I drove for 72000 with nothing major. Maint was less than Gtr and very solid cars.

Old 12-21-2014, 10:05 AM
chance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by HyperDrive

Impressive duo you had there! While I've owned a GT-R (two of them) I've also owned, at different times, a: Audi S4, CTS-V sedan, M6, EVO MR, CTS-V wagon, and a Pontiac G8 GT. I love my GT-R, just don't like having it sit in my garage. Actually, I could throw snows on it (as I did with my '09), and just drive it as a DD. But I want something that has the same awesome power as the GT-R, but not some vehicle that every Tom, Dick, and Harry is driving around. My only hesitation at this point, and it could be due to my ignorance of Porsches, is the cost of maintaining a high end Porsche.
I think that maintaining a PTT is relatively easy, probably cheaper than a 911. Just remember oil changes every 10k miles, plugs every 36k, and brake fluid every 2 years. Made to be driven.

Old 02-22-2015, 05:42 AM
There is a dealer in Northern Virginia with a Panamera Turbo S for sale, but it's just slightly over $100K and the factory warranty expires in five months.

Old 02-22-2015, 07:55 AM
Dpm7471 is a splendid one to beholdDpm7471 is a splendid one to beholdDpm7471 is a splendid one to beholdDpm7471 is a splendid one to beholdDpm7471 is a splendid one to beholdDpm7471 is a splendid one to beholdDpm7471 is a splendid one to behold
Hyperdrive,

I just bought a 2012 Panny Turbo S 2 weeks ago. I did a lot of research on the difference between the Turbo and Turbo S. The S model has larger turbos which equates to the extra horsepower and increased torque. This translates into a just a fraction quicker in your 0-60 times, but the turbo S pulls away significantly after that. It will hit 100 MPH quicker and better 1/4 mile times. The top speed is also higher.

With that being said, the owners of the Panamera Turbo S are in a very exclusive club. Since 2010, there have been less that 500 panamera turbo S's imported into the USA. This is a very rare vehicle. If you are into keeping cars a long time, these cars will most likely become collectible due to the low production numbers.

I hope that helps. BTW...I love my car, and yes as you said, you will blow 99% of any of the other cars away on the road.

Old 02-23-2015, 05:32 AM
Originally Posted by Dpm7471
Hyperdrive,

I just bought a 2012 Panny Turbo S 2 weeks ago. I did a lot of research on the difference between the Turbo and Turbo S. The S model has larger turbos which equates to the extra horsepower and increased torque. This translates into a just a fraction quicker in your 0-60 times, but the turbo S pulls away significantly after that. It will hit 100 MPH quicker and better 1/4 mile times. The top speed is also higher.

With that being said, the owners of the Panamera Turbo S are in a very exclusive club. Since 2010, there have been less that 500 panamera turbo S's imported into the USA. This is a very rare vehicle. If you are into keeping cars a long time, these cars will most likely become collectible due to the low production numbers.

I hope that helps. BTW...I love my car, and yes as you said, you will blow 99% of any of the other cars away on the road.
Is the maintenance on the Panamera Turbo S about the same as it is for a GT-R? Also, do you still have the factory warranty, and if not, do you have an after market one? Also, how expensive is the S to mod with an ECU tune?

Old 02-23-2015, 05:58 AM
Dpm7471 is a splendid one to beholdDpm7471 is a splendid one to beholdDpm7471 is a splendid one to beholdDpm7471 is a splendid one to beholdDpm7471 is a splendid one to beholdDpm7471 is a splendid one to beholdDpm7471 is a splendid one to behold
I have no reference to compare the cost of maintenance of the GTR vs the Turbo S. I would assume they are similar.

I bought one that is CPO'd so I have a warranty through Porsche for 6 years from the in service date or up to 100,000 miles which ever comes first.

I don't know about the modifications as I have not and do not plan to do any mods.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Prowling for a PTT