Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Modding a Panamera Turbo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-18-2014, 05:58 PM
Suii is on a distinguished road
Modding a Panamera Turbo

Looking for some feedback as there is not a ton of firsthand feedback out there and reading through each vendors proclaimed benefits and HP increases and propaganda makes your head hurt.

What Tune/Piggybacks have people run and what do they recommend and why? I am in So Cal so we are stuck with 91 octane crap gas and have yet to buy any of the bolt ons yet but wanted to know which Tune would be good for short term/long term.

I do not want a loud exhaust, I have had plenty of muscle cars that do that. I have the sport exhaust function and that is more then enough for me so Outside of maybe 200 cel DPs or an X pipe I do not plan to go and put a whole new exhaust on.

What mods are worth it in conjunction with a tune? I will never go with the bigger turbos from FVD its just more money then I would want to spend on this platform. So please anyone with feedback advice post away I am trying to figure out where to start and what has had good results.

B

Old 12-19-2014, 09:10 AM
Suii is on a distinguished road
Awesome thanks for the advice, where do you recommend picking up an extra ECU for as a backup?

Old 12-19-2014, 11:30 AM
NelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to behold
Ptt

Look into GIAC since you are in SoCal-great reputation and reliability. They offer a proven ecu mod with switchable stock(for dealer service) and performance programs(optimized for 91oct) via handheld unit. Fabspeed downpipe with 200cell sport cats with Fabspeed xpipe coupled with stock PSE sounds very nice and removes the largest obstruction on the stock exhaust system yet retains switch control on the PSE. It is not overly loud with a nice bark on startup and growl on aggressive throttle. I highly recommend as I have the same on my PTT-especially with ECU mod. Power change is very noticeable and a big plus with this mod. I believe soundclips are available on the FS site or on youtube search. Good luck.

Last edited by NelsonF; 12-19-2014 at 04:41 PM.
Old 12-19-2014, 04:12 PM
Former Vendor
Emmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond repute
Sent you a PM!

Old 12-21-2014, 10:40 AM
cheetos72 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by NelsonF
Look into GIAC since you are in SoCal-great reputation and reliability. They offer a proven ecu mod with switchable stock(for dealer service) and performance programs(optimized for 91oct) via handheld unit. Fabspeed downpipe with 200cell sport cats with Fabspeed xpipe coupled with stock PSE sounds very nice and removes the largest obstruction on the stock exhaust system yet retains switch control on the PSE. It is not overly loud with a nice bark on startup and growl on aggressive throttle. I highly recommend as I have the same on my PTT-especially with ECU mod. Power change is very noticeable and a big plus with this mod. I believe soundclips are available on the FS site or on youtube search. Good luck.
Do you happen to have any sound clips? I have seen a few but not with the stock PSE in place.

Old 12-22-2014, 10:55 AM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
If you are looking to greatly increase throttle response and eliminate the choking point in your factory 970TT system - look no further.

http://www.fabspeed.com/970-turbo-tu...ic-converters/

Add the x-pipe with your FABSPEED down pipes in conjunction with your factory sport mufflers and you will be in for a real treat - A free flowing exhaust system that makes power and sounds great. Rest assured that this set up is still a much more refined tone compared to the natural V8 muscle car sound.

http://www.fabspeed.com/porsche-970-...bypass-x-pipe/