Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PASM vs Stock Suspension

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-03-2015, 11:13 PM
absolutionrome is on a distinguished road
PASM vs Stock Suspension

I am wondering whether PASM help the ride comfort of the panny? After test driving one without PASM I feel like the stock suspension are more towards the harder side. Any comments on the difference?

Old 03-04-2015, 07:44 AM
nick.kapoor is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Logimind
With pasm it will corner flat.
thought it was the pdcc that made it corner flatter.

Old 03-04-2015, 08:17 AM
AndrewP is a glorious beacon of lightAndrewP is a glorious beacon of lightAndrewP is a glorious beacon of lightAndrewP is a glorious beacon of lightAndrewP is a glorious beacon of lightAndrewP is a glorious beacon of light
PDCC does make it corner much flatter, although PASM only seems to stiffen a bit in corners. PASM also has sport, sport plus and comfort and each setting offers noticeable difference in ride and handling. Don't have PDCC on my PGTS but do in my 991 TTS and corners are FLAT. PTV also makes corners easier.

Old 03-04-2015, 09:09 AM
Originally Posted by AndrewP
PDCC does make it corner much flatter, although PASM only seems to stiffen a bit in corners. PASM also has sport, sport plus and comfort and each setting offers noticeable difference in ride and handling. Don't have PDCC on my PGTS but do in my 991 TTS and corners are FLAT. PTV also makes corners easier.
Is your car equipped with air sus? I am trying to see whether my car with PASM but no air sus will ride comfortably?

Old 03-04-2015, 09:51 AM
2010Panny4S will become famous soon enough
It gets stiffer for PSAM with steel springs depending on level you pick.

Old 03-04-2015, 06:32 PM
Originally Posted by Logimind
SORRY. I got it confused. Pasm will stiffen it pretty hard in 2nd setting.
If you dont drive it hard you probably dont need it.
No sweat. Too many 4 letter words....

Old 03-04-2015, 08:08 PM
feeltherush will become famous soon enoughfeeltherush will become famous soon enough
Lightbulb

One note about air suspension - just got my panny turbo delivered. It's a CPO and the day I got it there was a nice greeting for me on the dash -- "Chassis system failure", also "Vehicle is extremely low". Air suspension gave out 0 seconds after I took delivery. So towed to the shop on day one. Might be a fluke. I'd heard with air suspension it was just a matter of time, but didn't expect it to happen immediately

Old 03-04-2015, 08:39 PM
EmmHolla is on a distinguished road
I got a funky PASM failure error this AM.. I cut the car off and locked it for about 5 minutes.. Unlocked and restarted it and everything worked fine. The cold may be having am effect on the electronics...

Old 03-04-2015, 09:25 PM
Congrats. Sorry to hear

Originally Posted by feeltherush
One note about air suspension - just got my panny turbo delivered. It's a CPO and the day I got it there was a nice greeting for me on the dash -- "Chassis system failure", also "Vehicle is extremely low". Air suspension gave out 0 seconds after I took delivery. So towed to the shop on day one. Might be a fluke. I'd heard with air suspension it was just a matter of time, but didn't expect it to happen immediately
Rush good luck and congrats. Sorry to hear you had issues. Let us know what they did to it when you get it back. Good you have cpo.

Old 03-06-2015, 08:46 AM
bobolouie is on a distinguished road
With the air suspension you can raise the car under 20 mph, which is nice when the roads are not plowed of snow............

Old 03-06-2015, 07:22 PM
I expected pasm to make car feel more comfortable. Well i guess i am wrong buti wouldnt complain about better performance!

Old 03-08-2015, 07:24 AM
MrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud of
PASM is like tire pressure in the extreme cold it does make read errors seems these systems are very sensitive to even the slightest difference in readings. also keep in mind the size of the wheels on the car you are test driving as well as the type of tire (all season vs high perf summer) will make a difference as well. The Panamera will not ride like a SUV having a car that car do what a car like this can requires a trade off. I came from a S class to the Panamera and I have PASM and even with All Seasons it can not come close to the clam ride of the S Class, but for me it was worth it.

Old 03-09-2015, 03:24 PM
Originally Posted by MrPrice
PASM is like tire pressure in the extreme cold it does make read errors seems these systems are very sensitive to even the slightest difference in readings. also keep in mind the size of the wheels on the car you are test driving as well as the type of tire (all season vs high perf summer) will make a difference as well. The Panamera will not ride like a SUV having a car that car do what a car like this can requires a trade off. I came from a S class to the Panamera and I have PASM and even with All Seasons it can not come close to the clam ride of the S Class, but for me it was worth it.
I see, I guess air suspension is the options that amkes the ride much more comfortable.

Old 03-09-2015, 04:07 PM
EmmHolla is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by absolutionrome
I see, I guess air suspension is the options that amkes the ride much more comfortable.
Do you have a 4S?.. It's my understanding that PASM is standard on a 4S..

Old 03-10-2015, 05:00 AM
MrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by absolutionrome

It will help, but like I said so will the right tires and wheels. I am sure you have heard people talk about setting the car up for track use in various forums. In a way you do the same thing for a street car as well and I'd advise talking to someone who knows wheels and tires and telling them what you want and what you expect from the car. Some people put 22" and low profile tires on these cars and somehow think they have improved ride and handling. They drank the kool aid because they think it looks better. I think well I will not say what I think but unless you are planning to track your car these cars will handle pretty darn well with Conti high perf all seasons and they will ride better with them as well especially in 19" size. You read these forums and get caught up in the gotta do this gotta do that to the car, but in reality the people on here represent a very small minority of owners and most of these cars live there lives without tunes, or aftermarket parts and an out of the box Panamera is probably far more capable that 99% of its owners and though most people wont admit it they end up never using most of what they do to the car and never push it to anywhere near its limits and have no idea what they are before they start to try and increase them. Take this as sound advise from someone who has spent probably over a million dollars just on trying to make cars better then the way they started out.