Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

full natural leather option

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-24-2015, 06:25 PM
Erunanethiel is on a distinguished road
full natural leather option

Hello, am hesitant about the natural leather. As I have understood through my readings so far, the natural leather is full grain semi aniline, while full leather is top grain, which is a lower quality. Is that right?

Plus, even if its a higher quality leather, what is the advantage? I know the full grain leathers wear better usually. But porsche must have sorted the lesser out too in terms of wear. Does the full grain natural leather give the car a richer ambiance inside? Or do you have to touch it to understand? Does it make a great difference in terms of looks?

If anybody has sat in one or has had experience, would be great if you share.
Thanks very much.

Old 04-24-2015, 07:28 PM
Gus_Smedstad is on a distinguished road
I think you really need to sit in cars with both levels of trim to form your own opinion. I opted for the basic black interior on my Panamera SeH, but after I saw the full-leather interior of my wife's Cayman S, I regretted not going leather.

I wouldn't worry too much about the wear. I had a car for 17 years, and seat wear wasn't a meaningful problem. I'd focus on the aesthetics, because it's likely that anything you choose will last for as long as you own the car. Since aesthetics are a personal thing, I wouldn't rely on anyone else's opinion.

Old 04-25-2015, 05:13 PM
Originally Posted by Gus_Smedstad
I think you really need to sit in cars with both levels of trim to form your own opinion. I opted for the basic black interior on my Panamera SeH, but after I saw the full-leather interior of my wife's Cayman S, I regretted not going leather.

I wouldn't worry too much about the wear. I had a car for 17 years, and seat wear wasn't a meaningful problem. I'd focus on the aesthetics, because it's likely that anything you choose will last for as long as you own the car. Since aesthetics are a personal thing, I wouldn't rely on anyone else's opinion.
I think thats the best idea. I will try to find a dealer who has a panamera or maybe cayenne since their interiors are similiar, with natural leather.
What were the differences you noticed? Is it just it is nicer to touch? Or did you notice any visual improvements too? And if yes, what were they?

Thanks very much

Old 04-25-2015, 06:07 PM
Gus_Smedstad is on a distinguished road
Bear in mind I own a Panamera S e Hybrid, not a Turbo, so I was choosing between "standard" interior (which I guess is leather + vinyl) not leather vs. natural leather. I think the principle of seeing for yourself still applies to your decision, though.

As for my car's interior vs. my wife's, I mostly notice the difference in appearance, not touch. The "standard" interior looks ok if I'm not comparing, but it looks somewhat plastic if I do.

Old 04-25-2015, 06:31 PM
ace10 Is a GOD !ace10 Is a GOD !ace10 Is a GOD !ace10 Is a GOD !ace10 Is a GOD !ace10 Is a GOD !ace10 Is a GOD !ace10 Is a GOD !ace10 Is a GOD !ace10 Is a GOD !ace10 Is a GOD !
Our PSeH has two tone natural leather. It is quite nice. I think it adds a lot to the luxury appeal of the interior. I couldn't quantify the differences (other than the massive upcharge), but it is quite apparent if you go back to back, base interior and natural leather.

Old 04-25-2015, 06:39 PM
Originally Posted by ace10
Our PSeH has two tone natural leather. It is quite nice. I think it adds a lot to the luxury appeal of the interior. I couldn't quantify the differences (other than the massive upcharge), but it is quite apparent if you go back to back, base interior and natural leather.
The difference is not just apperant when you touch it but when you just look at it as well right? Could you please compare it to the standard leather in terms of looks?

Old 04-27-2015, 10:11 AM
Samp will become famous soon enough
I have natural leather in my PTT and C4S. I love the natural and would not consider a standard interior. I think the difference in ascetics and feel are so much different it is hard to describe. I think the option is expensive but a requirement.

I also did the two town in each and really like it with the stitching and the variations in color. I have had no wear with a year and a half and 12,000 miles on each.

The stand seems so plait to me that I would think hard before buying one if that was my only option.

I know some people think the natural is not needed but I want a nice place to sit in and this makes all the difference to me.

Old 04-27-2015, 04:03 PM
dudecs is a jewel in the roughdudecs is a jewel in the roughdudecs is a jewel in the rough
I agree with Samp about natural leather. It is more about the tactile feel than visual for me. As long as the leather is cleaned regularly, natural leather will wear and feel better overtime. I have standard leather in a Cayman and natural leather in a Panamera. Search and you will find that only a damp cloth with clean water is needed for regular cleaning. For maintenance or more severe issues, people have recommended Leather Magic or Leatherique products.

Old 04-28-2015, 09:23 AM
allroadusa has a spectacular aura aboutallroadusa has a spectacular aura about
I was believing natural leather was just a matter of look/color (expresso, cognac) rather than feel/material. Am I wrong ?

Old 04-28-2015, 09:47 AM
dudecs is a jewel in the roughdudecs is a jewel in the roughdudecs is a jewel in the rough
Read these two threads. DRCOLLIE knows a lot about leather... in the fine furniture business.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...l-leather.html

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...n-fixed-2.html ... post #25

Old 04-28-2015, 01:32 PM
allroadusa has a spectacular aura aboutallroadusa has a spectacular aura about
Thank you for this precious information.