Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Panamera Turbo custom exhaust...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-30-2015, 03:09 PM
Goonie is on a distinguished road
Panamera Turbo custom exhaust...

I just bought a 2012 Turbo and want to do some modding. I plan on leaving the stock cats but modding the rest of the exhaust.

I have a couple questions...

Will straight pipes after the cats affect performance negatively? Do turbos need back pressure for optimum operation?

Can I do straight pipes instead of a x pipe or will it sound horrible?

If you're wondering, yes I'm a little crazy

Thank you
Quinn

Old 07-30-2015, 03:11 PM
Obligatory pic... this is my first Porsche and now I'm addicted. I've modded the exhaust on all my previous cars, z06, viper, R8. This is a new territory for me

Old 07-30-2015, 04:19 PM
Well, I think I found all my answers on the fabspeed site...

The power of the internet.

Either way, glad to be a part of the community

Old 07-30-2015, 04:19 PM
cayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond repute
if you are changing only the mid section, then don't. I have done it and it sounds rally bad. Best is to do downpipe ( power and lauder ) or change back muffler ( different tone and lauder )

My best advice is to do Akrapovic. The sound, quality, customer service worth every penny.

Old 07-30-2015, 04:26 PM
Yeah, that's what I'm finding out. Are the 02 sensors before the cats?

Old 08-01-2015, 01:19 PM
cheetos72 is on a distinguished road
I've not done the mod but I've researched for sure! Nice turbo btw.

Anyway on stock there are 4 cats. The o2 sensors are before the cats and then between the first and second on each side. It seems most aftermarket use a 1 race cat per side (total of 2) and the o2 sensor is before and then after the cat. From what I understand it really opens the exhaust for sound and frees the turbos to spool more quickly.

It's my understanding that the downpipes and ecu tune. Have fun! Glad to see you.

Old 08-03-2015, 01:58 PM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
IMO just get catless downpipes and a tune. Majority of the restriction is in the CATS. If it's not loud enough for you then get mid-pipe and/or mufflers.

Old 08-07-2015, 09:35 AM
Superaudiofreak is on a distinguished road
I also have a 2012 PTT and should get mine back next week from getting the Fabspeed Cat bypass pipes, the resonator delete x pipes, upgraded turbos from a local shop, and an ECU tune from Austin at Vivid Racing. I have the sport exhaust so I kept them so I can still use the button inside the car. I do have a piggy pack ECU tune for sale that works really well for a quick and easy upgrade for sale if your interested PM me, its from EvomsIT.

Old 08-07-2015, 10:28 AM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Superaudiofreak
I also have a 2012 PTT and should get mine back next week from getting the Fabspeed Cat bypass pipes, the resonator delete x pipes, upgraded turbos from a local shop, and an ECU tune from Austin at Vivid Racing. I have the sport exhaust so I kept them so I can still use the button inside the car. I do have a piggy pack ECU tune for sale that works really well for a quick and easy upgrade for sale if your interested PM me, its from EvomsIT.
Great setup. What turbos? 20T upgraded comp. wheels?

Old 08-07-2015, 02:09 PM
It's using 68HTA Billet compressor wheels.

Old 08-07-2015, 03:34 PM
Thanks for the suggestions! Will be doing down pipes and x pipe. Going to leave the sport exhaust.

Does an ECU tune void warranty where you guys service your cars?

Old 08-07-2015, 03:36 PM
I have had it done in the past on two Porsche CPO cars by the dealership and still had the warranty.

Old 08-10-2015, 06:38 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Superaudiofreak
Man it has been in the shop for awhileeeeee now! Also, to the original poster, PM me if you want some exhaust parts and I can get you great forum member pricing!

Old 08-10-2015, 08:05 PM
Turbos are done and should be installed tomorrow! Hope to have it back in the next couple of days, I am getting very excited to hear it and see the power gains!

Attached Images  
Old 08-10-2015, 08:06 PM
Close up

Attached Images  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Panamera Turbo custom exhaust...