Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nervous Panamera Buyer

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-21-2016, 07:47 PM
hummerchine is on a distinguished road
Dude, I paid $120k for mine five years ago...and that was with $20k off since it was a custom order somebody bailed on and the dealer had it on the lot for nine months. They also extended the warranty a year. It had most of the options I wanted including Burmester.

I know it's a tough comparison with a five-year old car...but that price seems fair for the low miles and you are going to LOVE that INSANELY AWESOME CAR!!!

Old 06-21-2016, 08:44 PM
low.key is on a distinguished road
Take it Porsche dealer for pre purchase inspection, the will let you know of any serious issues. Yours has the necessities IMO, V8 and sport chrono.
Buy it! You wont regret it.

Old 06-22-2016, 03:24 PM
ddx77 is on a distinguished road
It's my understanding that Porsche dealers no longer offer Pre-Purchase Inspections. Too many lawsuits

Originally Posted by low.key
Take it Porsche dealer for pre purchase inspection, the will let you know of any serious issues. Yours has the necessities IMO, V8 and sport chrono.
Buy it! You wont regret it.

Old 06-22-2016, 03:42 PM
Yo Kev is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by ddx77
It's my understanding that Porsche dealers no longer offer Pre-Purchase Inspections. Too many lawsuits
Well, called the dealer to say I'm on my way with the deposit and he said "sorry, I just sold the car". Even after we spoke and settled on a price on the phone. Oh well, the search continues.

Old 06-22-2016, 03:50 PM
ddx77 is on a distinguished road
Sorry to hear that but sometimes every works out for the best.

I bought a 2012 two months ago, no cpo. It's been great so far but I'm keeping my eye out for a 2014 with a cpo.

Good luck with your continued search. Great cars!

Old 06-22-2016, 05:03 PM
Phillip123 is a splendid one to beholdPhillip123 is a splendid one to beholdPhillip123 is a splendid one to beholdPhillip123 is a splendid one to beholdPhillip123 is a splendid one to beholdPhillip123 is a splendid one to beholdPhillip123 is a splendid one to beholdPhillip123 is a splendid one to behold
That's a bummer. Well, you'll find something at least you know what you want.

Old 06-23-2016, 05:41 PM
2thfxr is on a distinguished road
I would be careful buying with 22" wheels, expensive tires and not long life from them. Also potholes will damage them, expensive to repair or replace.

Old 06-27-2016, 12:29 PM
Found another one. 2011 fully equipped. Original owner. All service records. 58,000 miles. New engine at 28,000 miles. Should I be concerned about the mileage? The local Porsche dealers are out of the PPI game. Will have to go with an independent. Thoughts gents, please....Thanks.

Old 06-27-2016, 01:05 PM
brazeagle is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Yo Kev
Found another one. 2011 fully equipped. Original owner. All service records. 58,000 miles. New engine at 28,000 miles. Should I be concerned about the mileage? The local Porsche dealers are out of the PPI game. Will have to go with an independent. Thoughts gents, please....Thanks.
Please clarify...what do you mean with new engine with 28K miles, when you first said 58K miles maintenance records...It is important for you to know exactly when and why that engine was changed and by whom!

Let us know if you have that info, so we can give you a better opinion.
Cheers
Luiz

Old 06-27-2016, 01:10 PM
Apparently, when the car had 28,000 miles on it something happened which caused the engine to seize. At that time the car was still under warranty, so Porsche replaced the engine. The car now has 58000 miles. 30000 on the new engine.

Old 06-27-2016, 01:39 PM
porschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant future
Hmm , the replacement of the engine could be the famose failure of camshaft bolts

Old 06-27-2016, 01:48 PM
Thumbs up

Apparently, when the car had 28,000 miles on it something happened which caused the engine to seize. At that time the car was still under warranty, so Porsche replaced the engine. The car now has 58000 miles. 30000 on the new engine.
That is more than fine, as long as the PORSCHE replaced the engine, and the car has been running well ever since. The only concern really was if the engine was replaced by anyone else other than a Porsche Dealer...make sure.

If all checks out, if the car is what you like and price is RIGHT, go for it...BUT REMEMBER, Porsche looses A LOT OF VALUE on something like this...so be aware that it will be HARD for resale at a fair price...unless you are paying well below the retail on this car, than I would continue looking.

Cheers and THINK well.
Luiz

Old 06-27-2016, 02:21 PM
He's asking about 3k less than cars with the same equip. Also has a tear in the drivers seat that he will not repair. I'm m slowly talking myself out it as I type this. The search continues......

Old 06-27-2016, 02:54 PM
He's asking about 3k less than cars with the same equip. Also has a tear in the drivers seat that he will not repair. I'm m slowly talking myself out it as I type this. The search continues......
Yes, great decision...
You will find something great soon...don't rush...cheers buddy
Keep us posted
Good luck.
Luiz

Old 06-28-2016, 04:47 AM
OhNo! is an unknown quantity at this point
Nervous buyer here as well...

Yo Kev I hope u dont mind me jumping on your thread (instead of starting another one) but i have questions for the first time Porsche (and/or Panamera) owners, but anyone can answer:

What was the deciding factor(s) that made you choose the Panamera versus all of the others in its class? (ie: Mercedes, BMW, Audi,...etc..)

How's the maintenance compared to other Makes/Models you've owned?

Ive been comparing the P to other cars and it seems like overall you're paying for the name. The panamera is behind the power curb on technology compared to many cars. (Ex: Back up camera is not standard, But every single new Honda comes with it)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Nervous Panamera Buyer