Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vivid Racing ECU Tune- DONE

Old 07-06-2016, 08:48 AM
amgpan is an unknown quantity at this point
Vivid Racing ECU Tune- DONE

Well, i put an ECU Tune on my Turbo Pan.

Only did it a few hours ago.

The process was very very simple.
Austin from Vivid sent me a DimSport handheld device.

Got the device. Installed the software on my computer. Then took the device to my car, downloaded the stock ECU file from the car.

Send it off to Vivid. They sent back a modified file. I uploaded it to the car (took about 10 -15 mins in total)

I drove the car for about an hour since the tune.
I havnt tried the launch control yet. I hope to have some time on the weekend to do some move VBOXing post tune.

Anyway, just from the limited driving i have done so far, i can feel the car is much much more powerful.
Throttle response is improved alot. There is much less turbo lag. The car just feels alot more responsive.

Then in Sport Plus, its even better!
After i do some more VBOX with the tune, then we will have some real world numbers to compare with last weeks pre-tune numbers.
But i can already feel it will be faster. How much is the question.

Anyway, if you were previously on the fence about getting a tune, then jump the fence and do it.
Makes a world of difference.

For those interested i will report back on fuel consumption decrease / increase.
Prior to the tune i had consistently been returning AVG: 12.8L / 100 (or for US ppl thats 18.3MPG, or UK 22MPG)

Anyhow, Vivid was very helpful, and fast responding with all my questions. Clear and concise. To the point. Which was great.
Prior to this, i had no dealings with them. I had used Eurocharged before, coming from AMG cars. They were also very good, but regarding my Pan, advised they could not tune remotely, and i would have to send in my ECU. Being in Australia, its not an economical solution for me.

Vivid were able too. So i went with them. No regrets. They have been great.

Anyhow, happy to answer any questions anyone may have.

Old 07-06-2016, 09:08 PM
OEkun1 has a spectacular aura aboutOEkun1 has a spectacular aura aboutOEkun1 has a spectacular aura about
Interested in the numbers you pull.

Old 07-06-2016, 11:36 PM
Ohh so am i! hahaha.

Old 07-08-2016, 10:51 AM
RDS993 is a name known to allRDS993 is a name known to allRDS993 is a name known to allRDS993 is a name known to allRDS993 is a name known to allRDS993 is a name known to all
NICE,
Keep the info flowing!

How much was it?

thxs Rich

Old 07-10-2016, 06:18 AM
Hi Rich.
Their website quotes $1500 USD for tune

Old 07-10-2016, 09:58 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by RDS993
NICE, Keep the info flowing! How much was it? thxs Rich

Shoot me a PM, I can always get 6speed members pricing

Old 07-11-2016, 01:25 PM
P.Viby is on a distinguished road
I keep asking myself - "why did Porsche not do it?" Here I mean the ECU software update stuff. It sounds to easy to just change some bits and bytes and then get a faster, stronger and more fuel efficient car without losing anything.

In my opinion I am sure Porsche have tried hard to find the right balance for their cars complete setup.

Old 07-11-2016, 06:39 PM
cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by P.Viby
I keep asking myself - "why did Porsche not do it?" Here I mean the ECU software update stuff. It sounds to easy to just change some bits and bytes and then get a faster, stronger and more fuel efficient car without losing anything.

In my opinion I am sure Porsche have tried hard to find the right balance for their cars complete setup.

Not sure about Porsche but I ve had several GM sport trucks tuned and was told they do not tune them to the engines limits due to different fuel qualities as these vehicle must operate all over the world. I am sure the warranty claims or longevity are important too on new vehicles. They leave more margin there too.

Old 07-12-2016, 06:27 PM
sky14 is on a distinguished road
Hey are you stock ?
Any mods I'm on the fence about getting their ecu tune right now about to order a couple parts from him.

Old 07-12-2016, 07:02 PM
Yes the car is stock.
Actually i only have resonators removed from the exhaust. but nothing else

Old 07-16-2016, 04:30 PM
Jafetica888 is a splendid one to beholdJafetica888 is a splendid one to beholdJafetica888 is a splendid one to beholdJafetica888 is a splendid one to beholdJafetica888 is a splendid one to beholdJafetica888 is a splendid one to beholdJafetica888 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by P.Viby
I keep asking myself - "why did Porsche not do it?" Here I mean the ECU software update stuff. It sounds to easy to just change some bits and bytes and then get a faster, stronger and more fuel efficient car without losing anything. In my opinion I am sure Porsche have tried hard to find the right balance for their cars complete setup.
Totally agree with you, there must be a downside....

Old 07-24-2016, 07:26 PM
Okay, i havnt gone out properly and done 0-100 runs but last night i did a couple while i was driving.

The time now is down to a solid 4 Seconds flat. No launch control. And again, it wasnt the same spot i did them before. I will really try go this weekend to the same spot i was before, so i can get same same comparisons etc.
But preliminarily the times are lower.

Also, i will add that my fuel consumption in general has gone up slightly. Only slightly though.

Old 07-25-2016, 09:28 AM
iammulva has a spectacular aura aboutiammulva has a spectacular aura aboutiammulva has a spectacular aura about
What year is your car?

Old 07-25-2016, 09:55 AM
benblack is a jewel in the roughbenblack is a jewel in the roughbenblack is a jewel in the rough
vivid did my custom tune about 2 years ago when I upgraded to 20t wheels and pushing just over 700hp and I've had 0 issues (well besides wanting more lol) Porsche was Def conservative with their ecu file. The car has alot more and if your stock vivid tune will be just what the Dr ordered and you have room to grow from there. I don't drive easy either. Many launches and races. So being close to stock you will be more than fine. Get down pipes and exhaust I got the valve meiserchaft there at vivid sounds amazing and helps spool. Hit vivid up they will guide you in the right direction. My .02

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.