Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porsche Car connect. Worth it?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-22-2016, 12:15 PM
marcelekusa is on a distinguished road
Porsche Car connect. Worth it?

I'm thinking about activating Porsche car connect for my 2014 S e-hybrid.
It came it cooling option also.
I've called dealer in Naples and somehow they couldn't tell me much about it so they called me an hour later stating it's $200 fee to set it up..
That's something I'd accept but how much is the annual fee?
Is it worth the all money involved just to cool your car prior getting into?
I know there is more functions there but this one I liked the most since I live in scorching South Florida.

Old 07-23-2016, 07:54 AM
Robotpedlr will become famous soon enoughRobotpedlr will become famous soon enough
I personally don't think it is worth it. I have it on my 2015 Cayenne S eHybrid. I rarely use it because it is very slow to connect (30-45 seconds). It is great if you forgot if you locked your doors etc. But not much real world use beyond that.

That said, I do not have the Remote AC unit, so that might be an exception, especially in Florida. But base your decision on that feature only. Plus I assume remote AC will suck you battery down pretty fast. I use AC sitting in my car sometimes (while parked on battery power) and the battery gauge drops fairly quick.

Google Porsche Car Connect it will take you to their site which shows $119/yr for remote services (see attached). Try that before going to the dealer as you may not need anything from them as your car should have been activated when new and may just need a new online PCC subscription. Worse case go in if that proves not true.

Attached Images  
Old 07-23-2016, 11:00 AM
Chris R is on a distinguished road
I have a 2015 Panamera hybrid. Car connect was included for 5 years. Also I live the remote cooling feature. For me that alone made it worth it. It's 97 outside. I always pre cool my interior before getting in the car.