Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question to GTS owners

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-25-2016, 12:56 PM
ikeibe28 is on a distinguished road
Question to GTS owners

I have a few questions for past and current GTS owners. I’m close to picking up a GTS for myself, matter of fact I’ve narrowed it down to 2 choices, white and silver. Here are my questions:

1. Is maintaining the GTS really the same as taking care of an S or 4S model? Cause if that is the case, I can rest easy cause my current S is a breeze.

2. Would you risk getting this vehicle out of warranty and keeping it that way?

3. What mileage is too high for this vehicle? The white is at 45k miles, the silver is at 55k miles.

4. Would you trust buying this vehicle from a none Porsche dealer or affiliate?

5. What are the common problems with the GTS models if any?

6. What would be a reasonable price point for a model with 45k miles and 55k miles?

Old 10-25-2016, 02:13 PM
Fkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant future
1. The maintenance is no different unless you get the turbo. I believe the turbo has a faster spark plug schedule amongst other things.

2. Probably not.

3. As long as you maintain it, there is no maximum mileage. My 2013 Cayenne Turbo bought new has 82K on the clock. I see no reason if the Panamera was taken care of, it wouldn't last an easy 100k minus the wear parts.

4. I would definitely get it looked over or PPI'd by a Porsche dealership.

Old 10-25-2016, 04:29 PM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
5. They may suffer from front suspension and/or sway bar bushing issues.

6. Check with KBB or Edmunds

Old 10-26-2016, 06:21 AM
EmmHolla is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by XLR82XS
5. They may suffer from front suspension and/or sway bar bushing issues.

6. Check with KBB or Edmunds
Yep to 5.. Just got sway bar bushings, upper and lower control arms done on my 4S under warranty. Would have been close to 10k if the car wasn't certified... Proceed with caution..

Old 10-26-2016, 02:02 PM
cvprez will become famous soon enough
I respect anyone who owns one of these cars without a warranty if they are not capable of repairing it themselves. One small problem could easily eat up $5000+ and a significant issue could chew up 5 figures pretty fast if you have to service it at a dealer.

Old 10-26-2016, 04:09 PM
Porscheman33 has much to be proud ofPorscheman33 has much to be proud ofPorscheman33 has much to be proud ofPorscheman33 has much to be proud ofPorscheman33 has much to be proud ofPorscheman33 has much to be proud ofPorscheman33 has much to be proud ofPorscheman33 has much to be proud of
Am I wrong or did Porsche stop doing PPI's?

Old 10-27-2016, 04:28 PM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by EmmHolla
Yep to 5.. Just got sway bar bushings, upper and lower control arms done on my 4S under warranty. Would have been close to 10k if the car wasn't certified... Proceed with caution..
CPO is a blessing if you have it - and I do. I know those common problem suspension parts have been updated at least once and hopefully a permanent solution design is available soon, or already available. This would be great especially if someones warranty is expiring and they could get the "new" parts installed before coverage ends.

Old 10-30-2016, 11:32 PM
DrPeter has a spectacular aura aboutDrPeter has a spectacular aura aboutDrPeter has a spectacular aura about
I have a MY14 GTS with 8000 miles on it. If you are driving in normal non-sport mode, there are times when at low RPM's, you can hear a pinging. I am guessing this isn't just my car. I have not taken it to the dealer yet because it is difficult to reproduce and I am waiting to be able to video the moment. Now it may be California gas, because high octane here is 91.

An independent repair shop once told me that I should not own this car without an engine warranty, which I now agree with.

But if you are like most people you will never take it out of sport and not ever have this problem. It has been my favorite Porsche to date and I have had 911's for the last 24 years ending in a GT3. It is a kitten or a tiger at the press of a button. It will raise up and arch its back or lay low and prowl at the touch of a button. This is my best sounding car to date, I compare the sound to better than an Aston Martin DB9 and the GTS is not a 12 cylinder. Great straight line speed, boatish compared to 911 in corners, but I don't pound corners so hard any more. Mostly because it is an adult Porsche, the perfect combo between thrill, luxury and my middle age. Speed wise it is 1 second slower than the Turbo (which you will never notice) and problem several thousands of dollars less to maintain.

Old 10-31-2016, 08:51 AM
15PGTS is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by DrPeter
I have a MY14 GTS with 8000 miles on it. If you are driving in normal non-sport mode, there are times when at low RPM's, you can hear a pinging. I am guessing this isn't just my car. I have not taken it to the dealer yet because it is difficult to reproduce and I am waiting to be able to video the moment. Now it may be California gas, because high octane here is 91. An independent repair shop once told me that I should not own this car without an engine warranty, which I now agree with. But if you are like most people you will never take it out of sport and not ever have this problem. It has been my favorite Porsche to date and I have had 911's for the last 24 years ending in a GT3. It is a kitten or a tiger at the press of a button. It will raise up and arch its back or lay low and prowl at the touch of a button. This is my best sounding car to date, I compare the sound to better than an Aston Martin DB9 and the GTS is not a 12 cylinder. Great straight line speed, boatish compared to 911 in corners, but I don't pound corners so hard any more. Mostly because it is an adult Porsche, the perfect combo between thrill, luxury and my middle age. Speed wise it is 1 second slower than the Turbo (which you will never notice) and problem several thousands of dollars less to maintain.
In Comfort mode and if pushed a bit at the very low-end of rpm range, it may make small pinging unfortunately. Just don't keep it in Comfort mode when driving around town, if you're driving it even a bit more spirited

Old 10-31-2016, 06:14 PM
chance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to behold
A GTS is meant to be in lowest suspension, and at least Sport mode once it warms up. PDK software enhanced to 'GTS mode'. Panny GTS is meant to kick #ss.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.