Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PTT Exhaust valve control

Old 11-21-2016, 12:59 PM
mwvh is on a distinguished road
Post PTT Exhaust valve control

I recently installed aTubi Style exhaust on my 2011 PTT. Theexhaust sounds great at startup and above 3,500rpm, when the valves open, butit’s relatively quiet the rest of the time, while they are closed (still much betterthan the ultra-quiet stock exhaust though).
As my car was not equippedwith the PSE as standard, I cannot open the valves manually (no dash mounted switch).
Upon enquiring at mylocal PC, I was told that it would take a dashboard controller switch (<$100)and a software code to unlock the PSE functionality, since all PTT’s already comeequipped with valve controls as standard. The problem is that Porsche won’t sell the software codes without the purchaseof the full PSE exhaust system, which costs around $3,500.
I’ve found a couple ofaftermarket products online such as this one, that use a remote control: http://www.cargraphicts.com/fileadmin/PDF/performance-flap-control-system.pdf
However, I’m wonderingif there’s a better way, to keep the stock look andfunctionality (I'd prefer a dash button over a separate remote control).

Any advice would be appreciated.

Old 11-22-2016, 03:49 PM
Ride4Life Rossi is an unknown quantity at this point
[QUOTE=mwvh;4582336]I recently installed aTubi Style exhaust on my 2011 PTT. Theexhaust sounds great at startup and above 3,500rpm, when the valves open, butit’s relatively quiet the rest of the time, while they are closed (still much betterthan the ultra-quiet stock exhaust though).
As my car was not equippedwith the PSE as standard, I cannot open the valves manually (no dash mounted switch).
Upon enquiring at mylocal PC, I was told that it would take a dashboard controller switch (<$100)and a software code to unlock the PSE functionality, since all PTT’s already comeequipped with valve controls as standard. The problem is that Porsche won’t sell the software codes without the purchaseof the full PSE exhaust system, which costs around $3,500.
I’ve found a couple ofaftermarket products online such as this one, that use a remote control: http://www.cargraphicts.com/fileadmin/PDF/performance-flap-control-system.pdf
However, I’m wonderingif there’s a better way, to keep the stock look andfunctionality (I'd prefer a dash button over a separate remote control).

[/

Just unplug the tube

Old 11-23-2016, 04:58 AM
amgpan is an unknown quantity at this point
Old 11-24-2016, 04:02 PM
mwvh is on a distinguished road
Thanks both, but I'm looking for a way to make the valves switchable.

Old 12-06-2016, 12:24 AM
PanaTaco is on a distinguished road
I have a Frequency Intelligent Exhaust System in which I did not use the supplied exhaust valve control. In looking at the kit, it seems that you may be able to utilize the stock switch to activate the electronic solenoid valve in these kits. It may take some thought, but it looks to be a simple custom install.

Old 01-05-2017, 10:45 AM
hollynitro is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by mwvh
I recently installed aTubi Style exhaust on my 2011 PTT. Theexhaust sounds great at startup and above 3,500rpm, when the valves open, butit’s relatively quiet the rest of the time, while they are closed (still much betterthan the ultra-quiet stock exhaust though).

Is your Tubi Exhaust doesn't have remote ? if no remote , then you can't control the flap opening.. so , you have to install an exhaust with remote / valvetronic.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.