Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2012 Panamera - LCA

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-24-2016, 08:26 AM
pilotRob is an unknown quantity at this point
2012 Panamera - LCA

Hello, all! This is my first time posting, and I am recently the proud owner of a 2012 CPO Panamera 4. I am a bit confused/frustrated at one item with the car -- I have the factory window sticker indications that the car has Lane Change Assist. I see the LED windows on the mirrors, and I have a console menu available where I can adjust the brightness of the LEDs. All great. However, I can't actually turn LCA on. No other menu options related to LCA other than brightness adjustment. The manual says there should be a button next to the mirror fold. I don't have a button for LCA. Only the mirror fold.

Is is it possible that the switch cluster was replaced with the incorrect part? Or is there another way to turn the feature on/off that I'm not seeing?

Thanks, and Happy Thanksgiving!

Old 11-24-2016, 08:36 AM
cvprez will become famous soon enough
what are you expecting it to do? all it does it light the inside of the side view mirrors when a vehicle is in your blind spot, is this not happening?

Old 11-24-2016, 08:43 AM
Nope, it doesn't do anything while driving. Thus my questions on how to turn the feature on/off.

Old 11-24-2016, 09:04 AM
cvprez will become famous soon enough
There is a button by the window switches (upper left one) that turns the feature on & off. If you don't have the button not sure what happened, are the lights on the mirror housings present?

Old 11-24-2016, 09:06 AM
Pieter97 is on a distinguished road
LCA picture

Below a picture of the LCA button on my 2013 Panny GTS
You can turn it on-off.
In "Settings" you can change the brightness of the LEDs in your mirrors
Good luck

Attached Images  
Old 11-24-2016, 09:15 AM
Thanks for confirming. The button you show is what I feel should be there. On mine, all I have is a switch to fold the mirrors that takes up both spaces. My guess is that at some point the switch console was changed out with the wrong part.

Old 11-24-2016, 09:34 AM
Pieter97 is on a distinguished road
vin?

can you post your vin?
with your vin you can see if it was a factory option

Old 11-24-2016, 12:59 PM
I don't have my VIN handy, but I have reviewed the factory spec sheet (LCA is listed) and I do have the option in settings to adjust the brightness. Just no on/off button. It is going in to the shop to have it addressed next week. Frustrating that I did a poor job checking it out prior to purchase.

Old 11-30-2016, 03:27 PM
cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !
so on my 15 the switches are a little different but I believe you ll be fine and either do not have it on (I think the red light on the switch needs to be on) and if you read the manual it will only work at certain speed (I think it s around 35-40 MPH and up). So I don't know how you are testing it either.
I shut mine by mistake and thought it wasn t working and then drove around town to try it and realized it has certain conditions needed to function... I m not sure but I think if it was ON and not functional you would get a dash warning (Safety feature).

Last edited by cerbomark; 11-30-2016 at 03:30 PM.
Old 11-30-2016, 03:33 PM
cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !
What s the top left button. I also see a window on that button that you ll need to get to come on. ?? Like I said, the 15 is a little different.
With the car ON, Press that top left switch once and the light should come on. That means it s set.

Last edited by cerbomark; 11-30-2016 at 03:40 PM.
Old 11-30-2016, 03:42 PM
http://www.porscheownersmanuals.com/...nge-Assist-LCA

here it is in writing... Congrads on the car!! Enjoy.

Old 11-30-2016, 04:22 PM
Just A GTS has a spectacular aura aboutJust A GTS has a spectacular aura aboutJust A GTS has a spectacular aura about
Same issue with me. But the window buttons are known to easily break and asked the used car dealership I purchased it from to replace it since the tips fell off on some before I bring her home. I didnt notice right away but they replaced it with a non LCA button hence mine does not work as well. I told them about their mistake and they are fixing it. I believe either the previous owner or the dealership fixed it with using the incorrect window switch with yours. It's a $150 part but I figure I'd let then deal with fixing it since you need to take the whole door panel to replace it and not as easy as pulling it up. Good luck!

Old 12-01-2016, 07:28 PM
Update

A quick update for you all --

The dealership came and picked up the car today to assess my complaint of the mysterious "missing" LCA button. Low and behold -- I was CORRECT! As Just A GTS mentions, the switch cluster in my car is incorrect. The dealership was a bit surprised that this occurred, but thankfully they are taking care of it and I'll have the car back tomorrow.

Thanks for all of the replies! Seems like a really great forum!!! I am super pumped to be a part of the P-Car community!

Old 12-06-2016, 06:53 PM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
Glad to hear - welcome to the 6!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.