Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PSAM repair

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-24-2016, 01:51 PM
JayFunk is a jewel in the roughJayFunk is a jewel in the roughJayFunk is a jewel in the rough
PSAM repair

Merry Christmas guys!

Not so much of happy xmas over here as my 2011 PTT failed on me. Have had a leak starting at the end of summer and was hoping to nurse it till spring but gave up on me one morning when trying to drop off the baby and kids at school. Would not come up unless I waited 45min which I had no time for

Took it to BTR-Racing on a recommendation here in Evanston, IL and they found both struts leaking from the top around the center shaft. Sent them to Rebuildmastertech.com in Miami, FL for a rebuild. Dealer wanted $1500 a side! Said hell no to that, especially a week before Christmas. Dealt with Kierstin on the phone and luckily enough, had a 15% sale so paid a total of $1175 for both sides and overnight shipping.

getting a few other things taken care of while at the shop (found a bad level sensor on the right rear, needed new brake pads, repaired the rear hatch) so hope to have the car back on Tues. Said they are having trouble calibrating the height and getting it back up to proper PSI. here is a pic of the rebuilt air struts.

Old 12-25-2016, 04:17 AM
porschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant future
who will install them ? I have been told that their are a pain in the A.. t replace

Old 12-25-2016, 06:32 PM
Glareice is an unknown quantity at this point
Im sorry Jay..... Mine is at the dealership 2... i had an accident, rim got hit hard had to replace the steering rack... Ins is giving me 2500 for the rim, so its time to put new rims on the beast! I guess there is a silver lining...

Old 12-28-2016, 05:50 AM
JayFunk is a jewel in the roughJayFunk is a jewel in the roughJayFunk is a jewel in the rough
Update: Car still at the shop, found out the compressor wasn't good either since it had to work double time to keep the air struts up while they leaked air. Ordered from rebuildmastertech.com again and was able to get a brand new compressor for 700 bucks less than the dealer. Let's hope this is the end, would like to have my car back for NYE!

Old 12-28-2016, 06:01 PM
halb has a spectacular aura abouthalb has a spectacular aura abouthalb has a spectacular aura about
Jay, sorry to hear about your problems. When I ordered my Panamera 3 years ago I specifically wanted nothing to do with air suspension. Over the years I've known Lincoln owners that had plenty of trouble with air suspension. Hope once yours is repaired that will be the end of those issues.

Old 01-03-2017, 04:39 AM
hollynitro is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by JayFunk
Update: Car still at the shop, found out the compressor wasn't good either since it had to work double time to keep the air struts up while they leaked air. Ordered from rebuildmastertech.com again and was able to get a brand new compressor for 700 bucks less than the dealer. Let's hope this is the end, would like to have my car back for NYE!
is this 700 bucks compressor as the same as OEM ? how's the result ?

Old 01-03-2017, 09:47 AM
Lboogie78 is on a distinguished road
how and when did you first notice the air leak? How can you tell?

Old 01-04-2017, 10:51 PM
Happy New Year! Well I hope for most of you, not for me unfortunately. After the new compressor went in, we found the new rebuilt air struts were leaking CRAZY and not even lifting the front end up at all. Could actually hear the air coming out of them. VERY disheartening honestly =(.

Called rebuiltmastertech in Miami and had one of their techs talk to the shop doing the work. Was told nothing can be done so they had to REMOVE them AGAIN and ship them back out for them to look at and find out why they are leaking.

Unfortuanly, with all the time and effort of trying to SAVE money, I'm going to end up losing big time and should of just went to the dealer for the repair. The shop has to charge me labor and its not their fault these failed. I ended up just ordering NEW OEM ones from the dealer and should be here today. Even if they fixed the ones sent back, I just don't want to be 5/10/15k miles in and its leaking again. Hope they take these back and I get a refund and maybe a little on top just because of them and their faulty rebuild. We shall see.......

Will post up pics when done. Again, buy the warranty guys. I really wish I did but too late now =(

Old 01-05-2017, 08:15 AM
OEkun1 has a spectacular aura aboutOEkun1 has a spectacular aura aboutOEkun1 has a spectacular aura about
Happy New Year! Well I hope for most of you, not for me unfortunately. After the new compressor went in, we found the new rebuilt air struts were leaking CRAZY and not even lifting the front end up at all. Could actually hear the air coming out of them. VERY disheartening honestly =(.

Called rebuiltmastertech in Miami and had one of their techs talk to the shop doing the work. Was told nothing can be done so they had to REMOVE them AGAIN and ship them back out for them to look at and find out why they are leaking.

Unfortuanly, with all the time and effort of trying to SAVE money, I'm going to end up losing big time and should of just went to the dealer for the repair. The shop has to charge me labor and its not their fault these failed. I ended up just ordering NEW OEM ones from the dealer and should be here today. Even if they fixed the ones sent back, I just don't want to be 5/10/15k miles in and its leaking again. Hope they take these back and I get a refund and maybe a little on top just because of them and their faulty rebuild. We shall see.......

Will post up pics when done. Again, buy the warranty guys. I really wish I did but too late now =(
Bummer...I do hope that the rebuilder not only refunds your payment but at least covers the labor for the removal and installation the second time.

Old 01-05-2017, 09:54 AM
hollynitro is on a distinguished road

That's why for me .. i will not buy other than OEM Porsche for Air Spring.. it's worth the money to replace.. sorry to hear that bro..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.