Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3 RS throttle body

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-29-2016, 04:25 PM
Glareice is an unknown quantity at this point
GT3 RS throttle body

I was told that for my setup this would be a good addition, does anyone know the correct MFG part number... I think it is 99760511601, but I want to confirm that this it... Also anyone else done this modification?

Old 12-29-2016, 04:50 PM
OEkun1 has a spectacular aura aboutOEkun1 has a spectacular aura aboutOEkun1 has a spectacular aura about
It would be helpful if you posted your setup here

Old 12-29-2016, 04:55 PM
FVD tune
Agency diverter valves
IPD Plenum
FVD 3 inch catless downpipe
Sport Cronos and sport exhaust

Also is it a simple install or does there have to be any modification for the GT3 RS throttle body to be installed

Old 12-29-2016, 05:01 PM
OEkun1 has a spectacular aura aboutOEkun1 has a spectacular aura aboutOEkun1 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Glareice
FVD tune
Agency diverter valves
IPD Plenum
FVD 3 inch catless downpipe
Sport Cronos and sport exhaust

Also is it a simple install or does there have to be any modification for the GT3 RS throttle body to be installed
From Benblack's post the throttle body is a bolt up unit...look at post #42 here: https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-turbos-3.html

Old 12-30-2016, 03:30 AM
Looks like I should not be using The ipd plenum with the gt3 throttle body, I have the IPD plenum on order and I am going to be looking to changing the plenum over to the agency Y-pipe. Porchecayenne92 has been an incredible resource!! Thanks OEkun1 for the post from Benblack.

Old 01-01-2017, 09:20 PM
benblack is a jewel in the roughbenblack is a jewel in the roughbenblack is a jewel in the rough
Yea cayenne is definitely a big help. The gt3 tb bolted right up. But with just a tune I'm not sure it will make a noticeable difference. For me the bigger turbos and upgraded ic and all the piping bigger there isn't any restrictions between smaller piping. If you are going to upgrade all of it then yea do it but not much if any notice in current setup I don't think

Old 11-23-2019, 12:01 PM
turbo_mikePTT will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by benblack
Yea cayenne is definitely a big help. The gt3 tb bolted right up. But with just a tune I'm not sure it will make a noticeable difference. For me the bigger turbos and upgraded ic and all the piping bigger there isn't any restrictions between smaller piping. If you are going to upgrade all of it then yea do it but not much if any notice in current setup I don't think
FCP says this must me “programmed” when installing to a Panamera. Does any one have the specifics on what that entails.

Last edited by turbo_mikePTT; 11-23-2019 at 02:21 PM.
Old 11-23-2019, 12:57 PM
NormalFellow will become famous soon enough
So to confirm on this, Ive done this already for this specific reason... Yes, you'll need to program it through PIWIS or a durametric, however, if you have lets say, the FVD tune, I think it'll be a simple software update. I think it has to do with telling the PCM that the throttle is a larger diameter and has to remap calibrations accordingly. It does bolt on, and the car will run normally without its benefits, however..

Old 11-23-2019, 01:00 PM
the throttle is only really beneficial once you have addressed the intercooler and turbo charge pipe inefficiencies before getting the benefits of this bigger throttle body. It is absolutely pointless to get the IPD plenum when upgrading to the GT3 throttle body. you'd want to be using piping of 3" or slightly larger to gain big improvements. With your current set up, you'll feel a significant differnce... particularly in the exhaust note.

Old 11-23-2019, 02:30 PM
Originally Posted by NormalFellow
the throttle is only really beneficial once you have addressed the intercooler and turbo charge pipe inefficiencies before getting the benefits of this bigger throttle body. It is absolutely pointless to get the IPD plenum when upgrading to the GT3 throttle body. you'd want to be using piping of 3" or slightly larger to gain big improvements. With your current set up, you'll feel a significant differnce... particularly in the exhaust note.
I have an FVD tune now, I want to give this mod a shot but feeling kind of sketchy about the calibration or doing anything with a durmetirc I have a icarsoft POR-II but not sure what is exactly meant by the programming of the TB. I wasn’t aware of these features to specifically program the TB. If it is only the increase in air the DME will be able to self adjust for target A/F rations. But can anyone confirm that I can install this and my car should still idle normally and not throw codes or act “crazy”. Thanks in advance!

Old 11-23-2019, 03:55 PM
With my limited experience and trials that I have done.... the install was easy peasy with no issues at all when paired with the FVD tune. There was a weird issue once, but was resolved quickly with a quick email over to Rhonda@FVD, but that was more of a one off situation.. The only other time i had someting weird happen was on a bone stock 2013TT and that required programming.... And when I say programming, its more like, clicking through a few specific windows option and hitting a sync button... very easy. You can also email Rhonda ahead of time in regards to this upgrade as well... let me know ifyou guys need help.

Old 11-23-2019, 03:56 PM
Mike, I also forgot to share with you.... the aftermarket ypipes.... easiest way to install them is to remove the throttle body, FYI

Old 11-23-2019, 05:19 PM
Originally Posted by NormalFellow
Mike, I also forgot to share with you.... the aftermarket ypipes.... easiest way to install them is to remove the throttle body, FYI

thanks buddy for all the help. I am going to order this ASAP with some other maintenance items. So when I install the TB I should do the Y Pipe first then the TB? Thanks again for the knowledge sharing.