Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Panamera purchase advise

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-31-2016, 05:58 PM
Rfpanamera is an unknown quantity at this point
Panamera purchase advise

I am new to Porsche. I have been a luxury owner of America autos for the 20 years. I am seriously searching to purchase a 2014 Panamera. I hear and see awesome reviews and experiences of the Panamera. Would you all be so kind as to tell me what are the typical issues and things I should look out for in my purchase?
Thank you for having me as a member and I look forward to sharing my experiences in the future

Old 01-01-2017, 08:37 AM
cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !
Warranty...

Old 01-01-2017, 10:15 AM
Pieter97 is on a distinguished road
advice

As a 2 time Panamera owner, my thoughts are to make sure you have either CPO warranty or after-market warranty on your Panamera.

I purchased my first Panamera 2 years ago, I wanted a GTS but could not phantom spending $80k-$90k for a used one. So I purchased a Panamera hybrid with all the options, it had a $125k sticker price and I bought it for less than half with 24k miles. Although I loved the interior (18way sport seats...), the V6 hybrid engine felt very non-Porsche, it felt like driving a Camry.
So I bit the bullet in fall and traded it for a GTS. Never looked back. What a fantastic car. It completely eliminated my desire for a second car (was thinking for a long time about a weekender 911) and every time I start up the GTS, the roof in my garage rattles, the dogs bark and I have a big smile on my face.
I purchased 3rd party after market warranty, and 3 months after purchase, the fronts struts failed, $3k repair job, but just $250 out of pocket.
I will drive this GTS till the end of the warranty, then trade for another one.
Best car I have had. But make sure you have some sort of coverage.

Old 01-01-2017, 12:39 PM
Rfpanamera is an unknown quantity at this point
Super !!! So from the two responses ..... a Extended warranty is highly advised. Thank you.

Old 01-01-2017, 06:05 PM
chance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to behold
I had a Panamera Turbo (2014) for a short time, bought at a pretty high discount. Ended up going back to 911 just to downsize because I didn't need 4 seats. That said-

Panamera Turbo is a fantastic car- but I recommend PDCC. In fact, I recommend PDCC on even a 4S. Also, Lane-change assist is a good feature.
Get a PPI done on any used one you get- I'd advise a CPO one from a dealer with a documented maintenance history!

IMO the best one is either the GTS or Turbo S. 4S also good! Very good torque from the 4S turbos. GTS and Turbo S have the air suspension, and most of the 4S cars don't.
Good luck in your hunt! If I was you, start at used GTS and then see if other model types can match it.

Old 01-04-2017, 07:27 AM
OEkun1 has a spectacular aura aboutOEkun1 has a spectacular aura aboutOEkun1 has a spectacular aura about
I bought my 4S from a dealer friend who had the car completely checked prior to the purchased, a true PPI. We found some things that we addressed including new engine mounts and typical tune up. I would add having PSAM to the list of wants in a Panny...although mine is on springs and not air suspension. I would also ensure you get as many of the features that YOU desire in the car. A nice sorted example of the 4S, Turbo S, or GTS will keep you smiling EVERY single time you drive it.

Old 01-09-2017, 05:40 PM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by chance6
Panamera Turbo is a fantastic car- but I recommend PDCC. In fact, I recommend PDCC on even a 4S. Also, Lane-change assist is a good feature.
Get a PPI done on any used one you get- I'd advise a CPO one from a dealer with a documented maintenance history!
Agreed. My PTT has PDCC and it is great. Where in FL are you? I'd be happy to show my car to you if you're local.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.