Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No more locking chirps

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-08-2017, 10:40 AM
vanbellebart is an unknown quantity at this point
No more locking chirps

The double horn chirp when locking the car stopped working. When referring to the manual, I could not find a setting to turn this on or off (thinking I had fat-fingered something). Any way to turn this back on?

I thought about disabling the chirp intentionally, but since there is no other confirmation that the car is locked, I think I want to keep the chip.

The manual states that the hazards will flash when locking, but the car does not do this either.

Faulty locking module?

Old 01-08-2017, 11:21 AM
NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !
Did you just get the car back from having some service done? The dealer can disable the chirp but you can't. That's what happened to me and I like it that way. But the hazards still flash.

Old 01-08-2017, 12:32 PM
vanbellebart is an unknown quantity at this point
Negative. It just stopped working. Hazards never flashed.

Old 01-08-2017, 12:47 PM
NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !
Sounds like a problem. Did it actually lock? Do the little lights on the front doors by the window still flash?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.