Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2012 to 2014 conversion suggestions please

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-10-2017, 11:47 PM
NippOnz is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up 2012 to 2014 conversion suggestions please

Hi brothers... I've a 2012 Panamera S Hybrid which I'm deciding to do a conversion to 2014 Panamera Turbo S. Any help and suggestions? I've a person that can do the coding, but he's not going to tell me the things that I need to use for the conversion because he's going to charge a lot for that... haha.. Can anyone list of the single thing that I need to use for the conversion please? Thanks a lot

Old 01-10-2017, 11:53 PM
Ps. I decided to do the full conversion (Bumpers, Tail-Head lights, Hatch)

Old 01-10-2017, 11:56 PM
questions: 1) Is it fine to use an OEM parts from Ebay?
2) Except for the front-back bumpers, head-tail lights, and hatchback do I need anything else?

Thanks

Old 01-11-2017, 07:19 AM
cvprez will become famous soon enough
Why don't you just buy a 2014 Turbo? I think you will spend more on parts & labor then it would cost to just sell your current car and buy what you want. I think the fenders are different as well from Gen1 to Gen2 because the headlights are different. So now you're going to buy an entire front end and an entire rear end then you have to install, paint, code and deal with any issues that arise I can't see how you'll come out ahead. When it's all done the bottom line is you still have a 2012 hybrid for resale value.

Old 01-11-2017, 07:31 AM
OEkun1 has a spectacular aura aboutOEkun1 has a spectacular aura aboutOEkun1 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by cvprez
Why don't you just buy a 2014 Turbo? I think you will spend more on parts & labor then it would cost to just sell your current car and buy what you want. I think the fenders are different as well from Gen1 to Gen2 because the headlights are different. So now you're going to buy an entire front end and an entire rear end then you have to install, paint, code and deal with any issues that arise I can't see how you'll come out ahead. When it's all done the bottom line is you still have a 2012 hybrid for resale value.
+1, its just makes better financial sense. Not to mention the time you'll lose in having the car tied up in a shop while the work is being done and issues sorted.

Old 01-12-2017, 12:19 AM
Originally Posted by cvprez
I chose to do the conversion because of the taxes in Thailand. It is about 300% taxes for the vehicles, so it means that the 2014 Turbo would cost about $570,000. It is way too high for me, the conversion is the best choice in Thailand.

Old 01-12-2017, 10:42 AM
2010Panny4S will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by NippOnz
I chose to do the conversion because of the taxes in Thailand. It is about 300% taxes for the vehicles, so it means that the 2014 Turbo would cost about $570,000. It is way too high for me, the conversion is the best choice in Thailand.
Yep heard about those taxes in your country... damn.

Old 01-12-2017, 12:48 PM
Pieter97 is on a distinguished road
conversion

Personally, and speaking from experience as a previous 2012 Panamera hybrid owner, I would rather have a Panamera that looks like a hybrid but has a Turbo engine, than having a Turbo body with a hybrid engine.

I replaced my 2012 Panamera Hybrid for a 2013 GTS and my life has changed !

The last time I truly appreciated and loved a car like I do my current GTS, was 25 years ago when I was in college and driving an Alfasud 1.5ti Q.

Forget the looks, what matters is under the hood

Last edited by Pieter97; 01-12-2017 at 12:49 PM. Reason: typo
Old 01-12-2017, 06:55 PM
Originally Posted by Pieter97
Personally, and speaking from experience as a previous 2012 Panamera hybrid owner, I would rather have a Panamera that looks like a hybrid but has a Turbo engine, than having a Turbo body with a hybrid engine.

I replaced my 2012 Panamera Hybrid for a 2013 GTS and my life has changed !

The last time I truly appreciated and loved a car like I do my current GTS, was 25 years ago when I was in college and driving an Alfasud 1.5ti Q.

Forget the looks, what matters is under the hood
I do like to replace my Hybrid to GTS too, but it is about 200k which is way too high for me. Btw thx for your comments.

Old 01-13-2017, 08:26 AM
iammulva has a spectacular aura aboutiammulva has a spectacular aura aboutiammulva has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by NippOnz
You have my sympathy. Good luck with conversion.

Old 01-15-2017, 01:16 PM
hollynitro is on a distinguished road
wow.. what parts you already have for that conversion ? and talking about coding.. you have to spend more on porsche official dealer.. it won't cost you cheap bro.. as my experience in Indonesia .. here's the labour cost is insane .. 68 USD per hour for Porsche Labour cost here..

Old 02-01-2017, 12:25 AM
still need some helps...

Old 02-02-2017, 07:19 AM
Jafetica888 is a splendid one to beholdJafetica888 is a splendid one to beholdJafetica888 is a splendid one to beholdJafetica888 is a splendid one to beholdJafetica888 is a splendid one to beholdJafetica888 is a splendid one to beholdJafetica888 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by hollynitro
wow.. what parts you already have for that conversion ? and talking about coding.. you have to spend more on porsche official dealer.. it won't cost you cheap bro.. as my experience in Indonesia .. here's the labour cost is insane .. 68 USD per hour for Porsche Labour cost here..
I wish the hour would be only $68 here, I think I got charged $150 per hour for the last service....

Old 01-02-2018, 04:44 PM
moose loose is an unknown quantity at this point
I checked on the forum and realized there was no option to upgrade the taillights on the Panamera 2010-2013 to the newer taillights of the 2014-2016...
One of the options was to smoke out the taillights, or apply a red vinyl... but I had one of my friends who got stopped by the cops (i have to admit his tail lights were too dark)

I looked online and check those pictures :

left side 2010-2013 tail light, right side 2014-2016 tail light...
how is it possible, I thought wiring and shape were different

Panamera experts can you let me know if this is possible

Old 01-02-2018, 10:28 PM
OEkun1 has a spectacular aura aboutOEkun1 has a spectacular aura aboutOEkun1 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by moose loose
I checked on the forum and realized there was no option to upgrade the taillights on the Panamera 2010-2013 to the newer taillights of the 2014-2016...
One of the options was to smoke out the taillights, or apply a red vinyl... but I had one of my friends who got stopped by the cops (i have to admit his tail lights were too dark)

I looked online and check those pictures :

left side 2010-2013 tail light, right side 2014-2016 tail light...
how is it possible, I thought wiring and shape were different

Panamera experts can you let me know if this is possible
I don't have first hand experience but would venture that checking taillights would answer your inquiry. I haven't checked but I'd recommend you check if you can.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.