Sponsored by:

Panamera Chassis System Failure :(

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-21-2017, 11:54 PM
Lboogie78 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by panamera87
What was the outcome Lboogie?
I reversed the car into the street to get it flat. Then i cycled the on and off switch a few times letting the car warm up. Keep in mine the outside temps were like 7 degrees below 0. After the 3rd start up I was finally able to raise the car up 4x4 style. Drove it halfway to work. Then I put it into sports mode again and lowered the car. No issues following that. But I really thing it was the very cold temps that gave me this problem.

Old 01-23-2017, 10:37 AM
hollynitro is on a distinguished road
Welcome to the fam , i think you should check :

1. Compressor
2. Valve Block
3. Switch Buttons (inside the car)

Also my question is , when your car showing Chassis System Failure , which suspension is dropped ? let say only front left or only rear right .. then that suspension might get replace to new one.. my recommendation is not to replace with aftermarket or rebuild.. only new from Porsche dealer.

Hope it's help.

Old 01-23-2017, 10:55 AM
panamera87 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi Holly,

Ive noticed now that the compressor makes a nasty sound now when I open the doors.

Sent it to the independent today and ended up with no answer due to issues with his diag equipment which is a pain.

it never really leaves the comfort position to be honest as the roads here aren't that great and I think the first time I actually lowered it, the road had it's way.

Booked in now for Wednesday with a different independent so will report back

Old 01-24-2017, 11:00 AM
Hi Holly,

Ive noticed now that the compressor makes a nasty sound now when I open the doors.

Sent it to the independent today and ended up with no answer due to issues with his diag equipment which is a pain.

it never really leaves the comfort position to be honest as the roads here aren't that great and I think the first time I actually lowered it, the road had it's way.

Booked in now for Wednesday with a different independent so will report back

if all your suspensions are in the same heights .. only 2 possibility that you might replace into new parts :

1. compressor
2. Valve Block

if your compressor already weak.. just warm up the car and wait till 15-20 mins (wait until the compressor fill up the air ) then you try press or play with the suspensions heights.

Old 01-25-2017, 11:58 AM
Well heres a slight update :-

Went to the independent today and they have confirmed its an issue with an air pump (Which I'm assuming is the compressor). However they have said they are unable to change this as Porsche has recommended they, as an independent don't carry out this work due to the Nitrogen in the tank....which is news to me but there we go.

Its booked in to go to Porsche on Tuesday for them to carry out diagnostics in an attempt to get it sorted.

The car is now sitting with the front end in its lowest mode and the rear sitting in the comfort position which is annoying as it only JUST gets over a speed bump now.

Old 03-10-2017, 05:14 AM
F207P is an unknown quantity at this point
Well heres a slight update :-

Went to the independent today and they have confirmed its an issue with an air pump (Which I'm assuming is the compressor). However they have said they are unable to change this as Porsche has recommended they, as an independent don't carry out this work due to the Nitrogen in the tank....which is news to me but there we go.

Its booked in to go to Porsche on Tuesday for them to carry out diagnostics in an attempt to get it sorted.

The car is now sitting with the front end in its lowest mode and the rear sitting in the comfort position which is annoying as it only JUST gets over a speed bump now.
Yesterday, this warning also appeared on my car (Porsche Cayenne S 2013). I decided to call Porsche service for a technician to come and find out, because the temperature drop relatis do not occur in the region where I live. I'll post the results! Is there any news about you?

Old 03-10-2017, 05:26 AM
Originally Posted by F207P
Yesterday, this warning also appeared on my car (Porsche Cayenne S 2013). I decided to call Porsche service for a technician to come and find out, because the temperature drop relatis do not occur in the region where I live. I'll post the results! Is there any news about you?
Forgot about this thread so apologies for not updating!

Mine was an issue with the compressor and had to be replaced along with the relay.

Best part of £1800 that should have been included on the 3rd party warranty I had who deemed it wear and tear and wouldn't honour it!

Old 03-10-2017, 05:39 AM
F207P is an unknown quantity at this point
Forgot about this thread so apologies for not updating!

Mine was an issue with the compressor and had to be replaced along with the relay.

Best part of £1800 that should have been included on the 3rd party warranty I had who deemed it wear and tear and wouldn't honour it!
I also imagine that this is the problem with my ... The worst part? I should pay for everything! Jesus...

Old 03-21-2017, 01:18 PM
OK, after doing sparkplugs and oil change on my Pany, im getting the "Red" chassis system failure code at random times while driving the car. It appeared while i was in "sports" mode after doing some hard hwy pulls 2 days after my maintenance. I pulled over immediately shut the car off wait about 5 mins and start up the warning goes away. This has happened to me at least 4 times after my maintenance service even today when i was driving in "non sports" mode down the street from work. What i did noticed when the light came on was the suspension got really stiff as if it was in a sport-plus lower setting. I dont know of this is normal but to me it felt like the shocks where over inflated (damper) wise. I have the iCarsoft POR 2 scanner and these are the codes that im seeing pop up:

Level Control
000316 Front left additional volume Valve faulty, implausible gear change (can be ignored)
000317 Rear left additional volume Valve faulty, implausible gear change (can be ignored)
000319 Front right additional volume Valve faulty, implausible gear change (can be ignored)
000318 Rear right additional volume Valve faulty, implausible gear change (can be ignored)
0001A1 Valve, additional volume open circuit

Based on common sense speculation since i cant find anything on opensource searching about these codes, im thinking either a relay or sensor switch is stuck on and allowing access air going to the strut housing. This is based on my observation of the car feeling very stuff when the Chassis Fault light comes on. In addition, i do remember when i changed my sparkplugs or tried to gain access to them that you do have to move the brackets for the wires and sensors coming off the left and right strut towers. Could this be a factor for why im getting the faults?

If anyone is having similar issues or know anything more about these codes, your feedback would be most welcomed before i intend on dropping the car off at Porsche and get the *** raped bill associated with their services. Thanks in advance.

Old 03-28-2017, 11:43 AM
I found and fixed the issue...

Old 03-28-2017, 12:05 PM
RDS993 is a name known to allRDS993 is a name known to allRDS993 is a name known to allRDS993 is a name known to allRDS993 is a name known to allRDS993 is a name known to all
And......

Old 03-28-2017, 12:10 PM
The red light came on and wouldn't go off even when i cleared the code.. so what i did was open the hood, took the panel off on the pass side to give me access to the front strut tower.. then i proceeded to jiggle the wires and air lines coming off that front strut shock and wala.. problem fixed. I guess the circuit being in an open state had to do with the wires/lines were in and after messing with it again.. the light never came back on since.

Old 04-05-2017, 12:04 PM
Originally Posted by Lboogie78
OK, after doing sparkplugs and oil change on my Pany, im getting the "Red" chassis system failure code at random times while driving the car. It appeared while i was in "sports" mode after doing some hard hwy pulls 2 days after my maintenance. I pulled over immediately shut the car off wait about 5 mins and start up the warning goes away. This has happened to me at least 4 times after my maintenance service even today when i was driving in "non sports" mode down the street from work. What i did noticed when the light came on was the suspension got really stiff as if it was in a sport-plus lower setting. I dont know of this is normal but to me it felt like the shocks where over inflated (damper) wise. I have the iCarsoft POR 2 scanner and these are the codes that im seeing pop up:

Level Control
000316 Front left additional volume Valve faulty, implausible gear change (can be ignored)
000317 Rear left additional volume Valve faulty, implausible gear change (can be ignored)
000319 Front right additional volume Valve faulty, implausible gear change (can be ignored)
000318 Rear right additional volume Valve faulty, implausible gear change (can be ignored)
0001A1 Valve, additional volume open circuit

Based on common sense speculation since i cant find anything on opensource searching about these codes, im thinking either a relay or sensor switch is stuck on and allowing access air going to the strut housing. This is based on my observation of the car feeling very stuff when the Chassis Fault light comes on. In addition, i do remember when i changed my sparkplugs or tried to gain access to them that you do have to move the brackets for the wires and sensors coming off the left and right strut towers. Could this be a factor for why im getting the faults?

If anyone is having similar issues or know anything more about these codes, your feedback would be most welcomed before i intend on dropping the car off at Porsche and get the *** raped bill associated with their services. Thanks in advance.

maybe you should check the valve block ??

Old 08-07-2017, 10:28 AM
NIcko is an unknown quantity at this point
Panamera Chassis System failure

Had problem of chassis suspension failure with red car shown in gauge and fault message recently on Pan Turbo. At first after message car continued and seemed to go ok but on stopping suspension dropped to lowest and not rise on engine start. Porsche diagnosis was appears the control unit for the air suspension failed. Fortunately under warranty. So go to Porsche dealer or Porsche independent for diagnosis and warranty fix! Hope that helps!

Old 01-17-2018, 03:41 PM
reconguru is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy 2010 Panamera 4S RED Chassis Failure warning.

Hello Group, Newbie here. I am enjoying the same problem with my 2010 Panamera 4S. 20 degree F weather caused RED Chassis Failure light to come on. Car was lowered in hooptie mode, would not raise and rode like there were no shocks at all. I drove the car slowly and carefully to the dealer where after 20 minutes, the light went out, the suspension raised up and the car ride was much smoother. I left the car with the Porsche techs for over a week, they replaced various parts (unknown which parts at the time of this writing) and started to deliver the car to me when the light came back on. So far the response from the dealer is that it is a cold weather issue, nothing more. They are still trying to resolve the issue.

The option to wait until the car warms up for 15 to 20 minutes is not acceptable, I often have to respond to emergencies and have little time to let the vehicle warm up completely.

Does anyone have a solution or know where I could point the technicians to gather more information or research?

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0422.jpg
Views:	713
Size:	1.88 MB
ID:	519465   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0428.jpg
Views:	938
Size:	2.05 MB
ID:	519466  

Last edited by reconguru; 01-17-2018 at 03:51 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Panamera Chassis System Failure :(