Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Back Order on Panamera Parts - WTF?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-17-2017, 02:54 PM
JayFunk is a jewel in the roughJayFunk is a jewel in the roughJayFunk is a jewel in the rough
Back Order on Panamera Parts - WTF?

Sorry needed to vent a little here. As some of you might of seen I started another thread on getting my front air struts replaced. Went with rebuilt ones but FAILED after installing them. Sent them back and decided to go with OEM ones. but now after ordering them, all the dealers and suppliers have told us there is a HUGE back order on parts and NO ONE HAS ANY and it will be at least a 7 month back order on these till then. How is this even possible? Ive contacted every main parts person I have ever dealt with and have been told the same thing: back order from Porsche and no one even has a set anywhere unless I went aftermarket (hongkong/china). I'm so disappointed I might just get a set from a crashed parts selling and trade this car in.

How is Porsche going to leave us Panamera owners like this? What am I supposed to do? the shop is angry because they can't move my car at all, its starting to grow weeds around it from in the shop LOL.

Old 01-17-2017, 03:10 PM
cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !
I understand your rant. If this was a CPO or factory warranty car I would assume Porsche would be obligated to replace car under most Lemon Laws due to the excessive time period. Maybe all the parts are going to warrantied cars first?

Old 01-17-2017, 06:41 PM
riden has a spectacular aura aboutriden has a spectacular aura aboutriden has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by JayFunk
Sorry needed to vent a little here. As some of you might of seen I started another thread on getting my front air struts replaced. Went with rebuilt ones but FAILED after installing them. Sent them back and decided to go with OEM ones. but now after ordering them, all the dealers and suppliers have told us there is a HUGE back order on parts and NO ONE HAS ANY and it will be at least a 7 month back order on these till then. How is this even possible? Ive contacted every main parts person I have ever dealt with and have been told the same thing: back order from Porsche and no one even has a set anywhere unless I went aftermarket (hongkong/china). I'm so disappointed I might just get a set from a crashed parts selling and trade this car in.

How is Porsche going to leave us Panamera owners like this? What am I supposed to do? the shop is angry because they can't move my car at all, its starting to grow weeds around it from in the shop LOL.
Someone on this forum sent their struts to Rebuild Master Tech and had them refurbished with good results. I believe it was posted in November. Might try that.

Old 01-17-2017, 06:52 PM
amgpan is an unknown quantity at this point
I have a company in China I deal with and they are VERY cheap for all airbag parts etc. Including Porsche. Bought parts for my Panny front them. Very fast service and shipping.

Their whats app is +86 136 0903 6716.

Bought things for my A8, Range Rover & Porsche from them. Never had any drama.

Old 01-18-2017, 11:35 AM
JayFunk is a jewel in the roughJayFunk is a jewel in the roughJayFunk is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by riden
Someone on this forum sent their struts to Rebuild Master Tech and had them refurbished with good results. I believe it was posted in November. Might try that.
THATS who rebuilt them and they leaked. I asked for an update as to what happened from Ross their tech over there and NEVER got a response. Kierstin is nice to deal with on the phone though. Still waiting for my return on my CC, said it would take 7-14 business days

Old 01-18-2017, 11:36 AM
Originally Posted by amgpan
I have a company in China I deal with and they are VERY cheap for all airbag parts etc. Including Porsche. Bought parts for my Panny front them. Very fast service and shipping.

Their whats app is +86 136 0903 6716.

Bought things for my A8, Range Rover & Porsche from them. Never had any drama.
Whats the companies name? Can I find them online at all?

Old 01-21-2017, 11:00 AM
riden has a spectacular aura aboutriden has a spectacular aura aboutriden has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by JayFunk
Whats the companies name? Can I find them online at all?
Really surprized about this. Perhaps they should offer a complimentary conversion to steel springs. It's the least they could do. Are Panamera owners not important?

Old 01-21-2017, 11:24 AM
Originally Posted by riden
Really surprized about this. Perhaps they should offer a complimentary conversion to steel springs. It's the least they could do. Are Panamera owners not important?
The explanation I got was that they are pushing out 2017 panamera parts for a bit to cover the cars out now and will switch back to 2010-2016 parts in a month or so 👎🏼

Old 01-23-2017, 10:45 AM
hollynitro is on a distinguished road
sorry to hear that bro , have you tried Suncoast ? and contact Ryan Butor ?

I never trust China Company about the AirSpring.. they will disappoint you .. i ever tried.. just wasting our money & time .

Actually , you can change into coilover.. but the problem changing into coilover is deleting the codes.. ( i mean is the fault code of suspension in the instrument cluster ) .

Coilover from KW Suspensions is awesome ..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.