Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porsche Panamera Vibrating over 60mph

Old 02-02-2017, 05:39 PM
Leskoluke is an unknown quantity at this point
Porsche Panamera Vibrating over 60mph

I just purchased a 2012 Panamera turbo that only has 14k miles. It's got 22" CEC wheels with Pirelli P Zero Nero all season tires. So far it's ridden pretty smooth, until I get on the Interstate. At around 70 mph it gets a pretty bad shake in not only the steering wheel, but also the seat. I just went to Porshce and got the wheels balanced, which I thought would make a difference, however coming back on the interstate, the vibrating was just as bad. I assume this isn't a normal issue, so what could be going on? It's almost undrivable at speeds over 60.

Last edited by Leskoluke; 02-02-2017 at 06:39 PM.
Old 02-02-2017, 10:31 PM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
What cimes to my mind:
  1. bad balancing job
  2. Weights thrown off due to sticking on dirty surface
  3. Bad lower control arms
  4. Bad tie rods
  5. Bad alignment
  6. Tires worn uneven due to bad suspension components, etc
Assuming rotors an pads are greag shape.
if car really has only 14k mi on it, there should not be anything on there in bad shape.
when you say vibrating, is it a pulsing motion like something is binding on wheel rotation? Is it a wobbling vibration? When did you first notice it?

Old 02-03-2017, 07:31 AM
cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !
most likely in the aftermarket wheels with 14K on car...
If Porsche did a road force balance they should have found wheel issue so I d
look into mounting hardware (proper bolts, hubcentric rings it hopefully doesn t have).
If you have another set of wheels put them on.

Old 02-03-2017, 01:33 PM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
No accidents on the car? Even suspected?

Old 02-03-2017, 01:35 PM
The vibrations are definitely more of a wobbling vibration. I noticed it the first time I got on the Interstate. I assume for now it's the wheels and tires that need to be changed. Hopefully that's all that is wrong because the vibration is unbearable.

Old 02-03-2017, 01:36 PM
Nope the car is free of accidents

Old 02-05-2017, 08:08 PM
2thfxr is on a distinguished road
I boughta '12 P4 and could not get rid of a shake like you describe with 20" Pirelli snowtires. I think my tire had a broken belt and no balancing could get rid of the shake. See if Pirelli will cover it under warranty.

Old 02-06-2017, 02:09 AM
P.Viby is on a distinguished road
Sounds like bad balancing job for sure.

Old 02-06-2017, 05:31 AM
cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !
A Hunter Road Force balance will tell you all the things like that to determine a tire or wheel issue. Pretty simple.

Old 02-06-2017, 08:29 AM
Griza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud of
Could be a bent or out of round wheel as well

Old 02-08-2017, 08:38 AM
amgpan is an unknown quantity at this point
Could be bad balancing (try get them balanced again and see how much weights they have to put on)

Buckled rim /s

Maybe your wheels need hub locating rings. Maybe measure the hub of the rims, and make sure?

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.