MY2014 GTS launch control sport steering wheel - 6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche

MY2014 GTS launch control sport steering wheel

Old 02-17-2017, 01:13 AM

DrPeter has a spectacular aura aboutDrPeter has a spectacular aura aboutDrPeter has a spectacular aura about
MY2014 GTS launch control sport steering wheel

Finally worked up the nerve to try Launch control; with a warmed up engine at a stand still, place the car in sport plus, firmly depress the brake, floor the accelerator in a safe environment, wait for the launch control light, then let go of brake. BTW also need sport chrono option.

My question is since I have sport steering wheel, will the "launch control activated" symbol still show up on the dash as well?

I cannot say that I have seen the activation symbol, but until recent research I did not realize that it would show up on the steering wheel so I will look for it the next time that I try launch control. Either way it is a rush mixed with fear of damage to your favorite vehicle.

Last edited by DrPeter; 02-17-2017 at 01:22 AM. Reason: clarification
Old 02-18-2017, 01:28 PM

chance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to behold
Nothing like launch control! I've used it a couple times on my GTS. Nice to have!
Old 02-19-2017, 01:59 PM

DrPeter has a spectacular aura aboutDrPeter has a spectacular aura aboutDrPeter has a spectacular aura about
Launch control indicator

Chance6, when utilizing your launch control where do you see the launch control indicator illuminate because I don't see it or am not looking at right spot.

Peter

Last edited by DrPeter; 02-19-2017 at 02:00 PM. Reason: Clarification
Old 02-20-2017, 07:23 PM

chance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to behold
I see mine in the instrument cluster- says "Launch control active", if I remember correctly. I actually didn't check the steering wheel, I think that was just in sport plus.