Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thoughts on Nitrous oxide system for '15 Panamera 4s?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-23-2017, 09:18 AM
Timothy Oh is an unknown quantity at this point
Thoughts on Nitrous oxide system for '15 Panamera 4s?

Hello everyone,

I wanted to see if anyone can provide their thoughts/insight/opinions on installing a nitrous oxide kit for the '15 Panamera 4s. The engine is a 3.0L turbo.

Other than the aftermarket intake/exhaust/ecu tuning setups, I can't think of any other way to increase the performance of my panny.

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Old 02-23-2017, 01:33 PM
porschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant future
sell it for a turbo , really . The pdk and engine won't handle the power for long.
Even than , its a 2 ton car , dont expect to win races with bikes or experience breath taking acceleration . Enjoy the car for what it is , or just go for some canyon roads , panamera-s handle amazing .

Old 02-24-2017, 03:44 PM
riden has a spectacular aura aboutriden has a spectacular aura aboutriden has a spectacular aura about
These motors have design margin so a modest power increase (10 percent) is reasonable. I have colleagues that have boosted their 3 liter supcharged Audi engines by 60hp without problems. The boost will shorten the service life however. Question is will that be enough.

Old 02-25-2017, 07:01 PM
OEkun1 has a spectacular aura aboutOEkun1 has a spectacular aura aboutOEkun1 has a spectacular aura about
My only question would be why NOS on a Panamera? You could buy a faster car/built for track for less, I would save your time (seeing that money is not an issue) and not cause yourself issues down the road with your Panny

Old 03-01-2017, 05:59 AM
Shattuck is an unknown quantity at this point
I agree with porschecayenne, if you really are not happy with the power in the 4s, no amount of mods will get you there. You will honestly just be throwing money away and not be getting to where you want to be.

If possible, try to trade up to a turbo. They a very fast , and much more "mod-able". :-)

4s is an awesome car. But if what you really want is that pit of your stomach acceleration, you won't get it modding a 4s.

Best of luck.

Old 03-01-2017, 09:50 AM
stanspan is an unknown quantity at this point
Im new to this but saw your post and just bought a Panamera Twin Turbo. I can say this about NOS, I have a C6 corvette with NOS and a 6 speed on top of a 400hp motor. With the NOS I improved 0-60 by .5 seconds, It spins tire to much to get any more, The NOS system is computer controlled to add 50 hp the 75 then 150, That controls the tire spin as good as it can. On a six cylinder, you might get the same .5 result but it really is not that great. On the C6 it feel great but your talking about a car that already does 0-60 in 4.0 . So its subjective... Now the panamera I own ( 2011 twin turbo V8) Does 0-60 with launch control in 3.8 seconds... 0 tire spin, I don't use launch control it feels hard on the parts. I just ECU tuned the Panamera and Now 0-60 is about 3.3 and 1/4 mile 11.3-11.6 . I have not verified this its what I have seen others do with a similar tune. The Panamera is seriously fast... Like supercar fast. If I had a six cyl. Panamera and wanted to go fast, I would sell the six, buy a used twin turbo ( plenty under 60k and 2012( the better car) can be had for under 70) Then ECU tune it and you will be very happy with that. 600hp 4 wheel drive is as far as you need to go to get in serious trouble. Any more and you might as well build a Drag car.

Old 03-01-2017, 12:01 PM
Shattuck is an unknown quantity at this point
Stanspan = Truth

Old 03-04-2017, 02:51 PM
how do i post a pic

Old 03-04-2017, 04:42 PM
posting pics

i think i figured it out

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	stanspan 1.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	2.06 MB
ID:	471109  
Old 03-10-2017, 10:31 AM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
Stay away from nitrous. If you really want to satisfy a power hunger - get a Turbo. My PTT has PDCC and is GIAC & IPD equipped and it is plenty for the street.

Old 03-19-2017, 02:50 PM
cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by porschecayenne92
sell it for a turbo , really . The pdk and engine won't handle the power for long.
Even than , its a 2 ton car , dont expect to win races with bikes or experience breath taking acceleration . Enjoy the car for what it is , or just go for some canyon roads , panamera-s handle amazing .

well said...

Old 03-19-2017, 03:29 PM
Originally Posted by XLR82XS
Stay away from nitrous. If you really want to satisfy a power hunger - get a Turbo. My PTT has PDCC and is GIAC & IPD equipped and it is plenty for the street.
I have a similar tune, how does the ipd work and do you have the complete cold air system, guys at vivid recommend turbo upgrade for more power, just looking for like 30 more...

Old 03-20-2017, 01:25 PM
RxPorsche has much to be proud ofRxPorsche has much to be proud ofRxPorsche has much to be proud ofRxPorsche has much to be proud ofRxPorsche has much to be proud ofRxPorsche has much to be proud ofRxPorsche has much to be proud ofRxPorsche has much to be proud of
Thumbs up

Do this; nice mods btw!

Old 03-20-2017, 06:21 PM
what mods are you referring too.

Old 03-21-2017, 02:56 PM
RxPorsche has much to be proud ofRxPorsche has much to be proud ofRxPorsche has much to be proud ofRxPorsche has much to be proud ofRxPorsche has much to be proud ofRxPorsche has much to be proud ofRxPorsche has much to be proud ofRxPorsche has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by stanspan
what mods are you referring too.
The mods of MR. XLR82XS

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Thoughts on Nitrous oxide system for '15 Panamera 4s?