Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Will you buy this model?
Yes
36.42%
No
63.58%
Voters: 151. You may not vote on this poll

Quick poll on this.

Old 09-24-2007, 08:32 PM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
Quick poll on this.

Aight, we saw enough panamera "pictures"
We all think it's fugly.
If this becomes the final design, will you buy it? (Considering you have enough money to buy it )

Couple pictures that many of us probably have seen it already.

http://porsche.magma-net.pl/gfx/inne/panamera1.jpg
http://magazine.avtoindex.com/images...5/panamera.jpg
http://porsche.magma-net.pl/gfx/inne/panamera2.jpg

my fav...
http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/7226/pan022vg.jpg

I know it's nowhere realistic but I was just curious if anyone care to buy a "hatch back" sedan.
I think it's a great idea if everything puts together "right"

Some people think it's a terrible idea to have this "hatch back" idea on sedan so I thought I should make a poll to see if majority of people is on the same boat.

Old 09-24-2007, 09:40 PM
turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !
Yes, I'll buy it. I have great faith in what Porsche will release. When the Cayenne was first released, I was not too fond of the design. But it grew on me, and I eventually ended up getting one. I have a feeling the Panamera will be the same way. It should be a great car!

Old 09-24-2007, 09:47 PM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by turbo187
Yes, I'll buy it. I have great faith in what Porsche will release. When the Cayenne was first released, I was not too fond of the design. But it grew on me, and I eventually ended up getting one. I have a feeling the Panamera will be the same way. It should be a great car!
Exactly what I am hoping for.
And I am hoping that this kills the quattroporte.

Old 09-26-2007, 07:35 PM
SoCal955 is on a distinguished road
^^^^^^^^
There is no no doubt it will. The performance will be there, the only unknown is the look of the final design.

Old 10-07-2007, 07:35 PM
Dave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to behold
I'm diggin' it. I like your second pic. The third one...not soo good.

My $.02

Dave

Old 10-18-2007, 09:51 AM
BobinNoVA is on a distinguished road
I think it will look much better than those pics but why take the risk of being wrong. Get a refundable deposit in now and if you dont like it you get your money back. If you wait and find out you like it you will have to wait even longer to get one.

Old 10-18-2007, 12:36 PM
ol'school is on a distinguished road
Will wait until the official release.

Old 12-01-2007, 05:48 PM
amenasce is on a distinguished road
Not that im in the market, but if i was looking for a sedan in that price bracket, id get a Maser 4P.

Old 12-02-2007, 01:59 AM
Nicole is on a distinguished road
None of the pictures shown in this thread are even close to what the Panamera will look like. The shapes and proportions on the prototypes are entirely different.

At the same time, the prototypes are still disguised so heavily - and also such that the eye is misled - that there really is no way for us to judge the final design at this point.

Like some of the posters above, I have great faith in Porsche, and that they will do it right this time. Remember that on the Cayenne they had to make lots of compromises because of the cooperation with the Touareg. They share body structure and doors, which really limits their design options. The Panamera, however, is an entirely new platform and design that shares nothing with any other car. There is no reason why Porsche would make this car look the best they possibly can!

Having said that, we should expect a car that spins classical Porsche design further, rather than a radical new look like the 928 was at its time. Porsche can and will never again take a risk as they did with the 928; they have to build and sell as many Panameras in two years as they sold 928s in 18 years, so they'll have to please a lot more people. And the way to please them is to use already accepted styling cues and mix them up a bit different for the 4-door look.

So, don't get all worked-up over what you see as spy shots or photoshop images these days...

PS: Will I buy one? No. But what does that mean? It could mean I can't afford it, I have no need or desire for a four-door coupe, or I don't like it for any possible reason. I believe what you wanted to ask is whether people who would be in the market for a such car would reject the Panamera based on the sp shots and photophopped images that float around.

Last edited by Nicole; 12-02-2007 at 02:04 AM.
Old 12-20-2007, 10:44 AM
Very Risky is on a distinguished road
Put a deposit down on my with Mark Taylor at Pacific Porsche today. Not sure if I'll buy, but want to be in line so that if I want it I can. Anxious to see production shots, can't really make a judgement based on the test mules and renderings.

Old 12-20-2007, 03:49 PM
mattwhite is on a distinguished road
Who knows exactly what the final car will look like but it will have stiff competition. The Aston Martin Rapide is a beautiful car.

Old 02-18-2008, 11:43 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
I think that the Panamera is cool right now only because it is ugly and not available. I have seen two of these from five feet away, and although it is exciting to be that close to them, I didn't really like the lines. I would go for an Audi S8 or BMW 760 before the Porsche.

Old 02-18-2008, 11:45 AM
CaymanSJF is on a distinguished road
I'd like an AWD

Old 02-18-2008, 12:57 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by CaymanSJF
I'd like an AWD
That's what I like about the S8!

Old 02-19-2008, 12:11 PM
Long Islander has a spectacular aura aboutLong Islander has a spectacular aura about
Too many variables to tell right now, including price ($80k for an 8 cyl, or for merely a 6 cyl?), size (similar to BMW 5 series, or the larger Maserati Quadroporte?), final rear end design (can't tell from spy photos whether the rear will be awkward or sleek).

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Quick poll on this.