6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   996 Turbo / GT2 (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/996-turbo-gt2-2/)
-   -   Reus Audio System Installed!! WOW! (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/996-turbo-gt2/20382-reus-audio-system-installed-wow.html)

Oweyea 12-30-2004 08:58 AM

Reus Audio System Installed!! WOW!

I picked up the TT from Reus Audio yesterday after I had their complete top of the line audio system installed and OMG! I've played with different audio systems in the past and have spent lots of time at shows listening to different systems but the Reus system is simply "amazing". (I know Darren and Kevin know what I'm talking about!)

I spent a couple of hours last night just sitting in my TT listening to several of my favorite CDs in the Garage. I walked out repeating "Oh My God", "Oh My God"!

Now this system isn't the loud super base ghetto system you generally hear here in LA but a super clean, 100% stock looking sleeper that will blow your socks off!! The fidelity and separation of the sound is excellent. I heard things on CDs that I've owned for years for the first time listening to the Reus system. When you close your eyes and just listen you feel like you're on a sound stage with each instrument coming from a unique direction.

You guys will have to hear this system to believe it! Reus will have 3 cars at the LA Auto show in January, so if you guys remember, pay them a visit and listen to what in my opinion is the most amazing car audio system ever! Alternatively, I stop by Lucent Motors in West LA frequently and would be very happy to demo the system for you guys.

Happy New Year to all!!!

~Rob

hilarious

MANA 12-30-2004 09:00 AM

:cool: :cool:

I have had the same experience with mine. Reus Rocks!! :D

Oweyea 12-30-2004 09:04 AM

Ahhh, so you're the guy in Colorado that Rick said he did an install for!! Love your car!!

hilarious

trojanman 12-30-2004 09:11 AM

No need to sell me on Reus - I've got 4 systems and counting!

The only problem with having several Reus systems is that I'm actually disappointed when I sit down to listen to my home system. Hmm....maybe I'll have Rick come over and design a custom listening chamber in my house :D

Volare 12-30-2004 11:06 AM

Pics please.

20C4S 12-30-2004 11:25 AM

Rob,
i can park ur car in the showroom & use it as a nice sound system. when is ur next long vocation? :D

SteveH 12-30-2004 11:26 AM

mind if i ask about how much it cost? i'm looking into possibly doing something in my FX45. Where are they located?

Oweyea 12-30-2004 12:29 PM

As for pics, there is nothing to see! The system is designed to look stock! They replace all the existing speakers while keeping the factory grills. The new amplifiers are hidden in the boot and the additional sub is located within the spare tire!

Cost: $7,200.00 for their "Top" system.

Not cheap but well worth the cost. Reus has a few different systems they can install so it really depends on what you want.

Reus is located in Orange California but they will fly their installers to your home or office for the install, at a "small" cost of course.

hilarious

Oweyea 12-30-2004 12:30 PM

Originally posted by 20C4S
Rob,
i can park ur car in the showroom & use it as a nice sound system. when is ur next long vocation? :D

Sure thing Arling! Maybe you can get around to install my Techart tips while it's there? :D

Jack(LA) 12-30-2004 12:39 PM

Originally posted by SteveH
mind if i ask about how much it cost? i'm looking into possibly doing something in my FX45. Where are they located?
Steve -- contact me -- I've got some stereo info for you. :D

40anny 12-30-2004 02:10 PM

Hey Rob,
Rick told me about your car yesterday. I was going to drop by and listen to it.

I was there last week. Dropped FOUR 8" subs in the back. They had to remove the passenger seat to get the box in. It took two guys to install that sucker. Really clean install. Holy geez does it thump.

I also got the spare tire sub, and the rear view mirror tweeters.

They ordered me another amp. I need more power to run those 4 subwoofers.

deputydog95 12-30-2004 02:51 PM

Wow, $7200. You could do some pretty serious aftermarket equipment for that kind of money. What's the advantage there?

Is it just the stealth apsect? You could use all JL and MB quart equipment with custom fiberglass enclosures and still be no where near that price.

luting_chen 12-30-2004 02:58 PM

see u guys there at the LA autoshow ^_^

Oweyea 12-30-2004 03:01 PM

Originally posted by deputydog95
Wow, $7200. You could do some pretty serious aftermarket equipment for that kind of money. What's the advantage there?

Is it just the stealth apsect? You could use all JL and MB quart equipment with custom fiberglass enclosures and still be no where near that price.

I guess the advantage is that Reus designes and builds their own amps and speakers for the car! They design and build a custom fiberglass enclosure as well and other tricks which I don't think Rick will appreciate me discussing on an open forum.

As I mentioned before, you'll have to listen to it to appreciate it. It also is a 100% stock look. You have no idea that there is a custom sound system in the car. And for the record, I do have some "serious" aftermarket equipment in there!!

hilarious

Oweyea 12-30-2004 03:05 PM

Originally posted by 40anny
Hey Rob,
Rick told me about your car yesterday. I was going to drop by and listen to it.

I was there last week. Dropped FOUR 8" subs in the back. They had to remove the passenger seat to get the box in. It took two guys to install that sucker. Really clean install. Holy geez does it thump.

I also got the spare tire sub, and the rear view mirror tweeters.

They ordered me another amp. I need more power to run those 4 subwoofers.

Sorry I missed you! Rick told me about your system! Too bad I have a cab! I'm very happy with the base response. I spent another hour listening this morning and it indeed sounds like you are on a sound stage! I was listening to the sound track of the Pianist and you can hear the piano player taking breaths! I was never able to hear that before!! Simply amazing!!

I'd like to hear your system as well. Maybe we can get together and compare?

Enjoy your system!

~Rob