Scheduled Events 6Speedonline.com is growing fast thanks to its growing international community. This forum has all the latest plans and schedules for 6speedonline events and Porsche gatherings.

PA, DE, NJ Weekly Meet

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-03-2007, 09:06 PM
pearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond repute
PA, DE, NJ Weekly Meet

Hey Guys,

I was just browsing the site and saw many weekly-type meets around the country and wondered if you all would be interested in something like this in our area.

I really like the early morning - grab some coffee with the "Car guys" idea on a Saturday morning idea. Sundays dont really work for me since i try my best to attend church every Sunday, but Saturdays would be GREAT!

So here are some random thoughts on the subject - let me know what you all think (Kevin, Drew, Joey, Kerry, etc)

King of Prussia area since its off of many major roads...or West Chester since its close to DE & not far from 95...

Something like 7am to keep it low key and to keep the "kids" away since they will all be hungover from the night before.

Let me know and perhaps in the next few weeks as the weather gets nicer we can get this going. I know i would love to get an early start to my day with a nice cup of coffee and the chance to check out some cars, chat with you all, and maybe even take a cruise afterwards...

So let me know your ideas.

Old 03-03-2007, 09:19 PM
Kevinw23 is a jewel in the roughKevinw23 is a jewel in the roughKevinw23 is a jewel in the roughKevinw23 is a jewel in the rough
Great idea Jon.

I am in. If its West Chester Area, that would be a lot better for me. Only a 20 min drive instead of 40. But I would love to do that. If we get out early like you suggest, we can be back in time to have a full day for regular stuff.

We need to find a local place that has a decent parking are and also opens at that time of the morning.

Old 03-03-2007, 09:21 PM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
Sounds like fun. I live in Northern VA, but have family that live in Northern NJ so I may try to hit the meet on my way up to visit family or something. Keep me posted as well. Looking forward to it.

Old 03-03-2007, 09:54 PM
pearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond repute
There is a Starbucks on 202 about 1 mile north of rt 1 in West chester that has great parking that comes to mind. I know its close to Joeys house as well.

There is also a GREAT breakfast place on rt 30 in Malvern called the Classic Diner that opens VERY early and probably has the best breakfasts in the area. Parking is ok, but if we went early enough we would be fine.

I am open to anything really - and nothing is really close to me since im out here in the country but nothing like a little drive in the morning to get your day going

Old 03-04-2007, 01:40 AM
Carskibum is on a distinguished road
this would be a great idea.

Old 03-04-2007, 10:49 PM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
Id always be up for it...especially as the weather is getting warmer...

Old 03-06-2007, 08:57 PM
JoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by pearlcoupeg35
There is a Starbucks on 202 about 1 mile north of rt 1 in West chester that has great parking that comes to mind. I know its close to Joeys house as well.

There is also a GREAT breakfast place on rt 30 in Malvern called the Classic Diner that opens VERY early and probably has the best breakfasts in the area. Parking is ok, but if we went early enough we would be fine.

I am open to anything really - and nothing is really close to me since im out here in the country but nothing like a little drive in the morning to get your day going
Yep, I'm at that Starbucks at least three times per week. Jon, I think that's an AWESOME idea. Except it's supposed to SNOW wed! I Finally start thinking we made it through (and warm weather is coming) but NO, more snow. Ugh. Seriously though, once it warms up we should definately do that. The front and side of that particular Starbucks faces East, so the mornings are always bright and sunny there. People can also hit 202 via 95 from 322 and rt1.

Classic diner is also a cool place, but it's pretty small even for five or six people. Parking isn't great either. Still not a bad idea though.

Thanks for taking the initiative and bringing this up Jon, these little get-togethers will be a nice start to the weekend!

-Joe

Old 03-06-2007, 11:39 PM
Originally Posted by JoeyG
Yep, I'm at that Starbucks at least three times per week. Jon, I think that's an AWESOME idea. Except it's supposed to SNOW wed! I Finally start thinking we made it through (and warm weather is coming) but NO, more snow. Ugh. Seriously though, once it warms up we should definately do that. The front and side of that particular Starbucks faces East, so the mornings are always bright and sunny there. People can also hit 202 via 95 from 322 and rt1.

Classic diner is also a cool place, but it's pretty small even for five or six people. Parking isn't great either. Still not a bad idea though.

Thanks for taking the initiative and bringing this up Jon, these little get-togethers will be a nice start to the weekend!

-Joe
Yea, Starbucks there on 202 seems to be a good place for a lot of people since its faily easy to get to from a lot of areas.

Then, if the "crew" is small enough, a spirited drive to Classic Diner wouldnt be a bad idea if the group was around 5 or so. Anymore and it would get complicated trying to park/sit together in that place.

Hopefully the weather will be nice in a few weeks...then we can get this going.

I vote for 7am Saturday mornings @ Starbucks.

Old 03-07-2007, 06:03 AM
chidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the rough
i'd be down but 7am is a bit too early for me

Old 03-07-2007, 11:00 AM
Carskibum is on a distinguished road
7 am on saturday would work but does it mean i have to give up drinking on friday nights?

letmekno.

Old 03-07-2007, 01:41 PM
Kevinw23 is a jewel in the roughKevinw23 is a jewel in the roughKevinw23 is a jewel in the roughKevinw23 is a jewel in the rough
I am up for it. I have two small kids, so 7am at Starbucks is fine with me!!
We can start in a few weeks when the weather starts to turn.

Old 03-07-2007, 07:52 PM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
OMG...that means I have to get up at 6 on saturday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh well...Ill be there anyway...is there any shot in hell we could make it atleast 730 or 8???

Old 03-07-2007, 07:54 PM
I am good with either time. Besides Joe, I think that I am the closest, so I don't care what time we meet.

Old 03-07-2007, 08:58 PM
Originally Posted by Kevinw23
I am good with either time. Besides Joe, I think that I am the closest, so I don't care what time we meet.

Joe acutally lives like 4 mins from starbucks...

IM one of the further ones...thenagain, early saturday 202 is usually a 80-90 mph affair nowadays...

Old 03-07-2007, 10:08 PM
I think i might be the farthest...Sadsburyville/Parkesburg is at the END of the 30 bypass but its not too bad...good thing i enjoy driving ....and 7am is early...esp since ive been known to stay up past my bedtime on Friday nights

But early = no traffic/crowds/annoying kids/etc

I am down for whatever though...it will just be cool to start the day off with coffee, cars, and the chance to interact with REAL people...not my keyboard and mouse and screenames

Saturday April 8th is about one month from today....that could be a good time to get this going.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: PA, DE, NJ Weekly Meet