Melissa TX to Flower Mound Scavenger Hunt Rally 11/24/2007

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 05:25 PM
globalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond repute
Melissa TX to Flower Mound Scavenger Hunt Rally 11/24/2007

Ok so guys I have this for everyone to mark on thier calenders. More details will be updated on this thread.
I will not post the route public until you have RSVP'd with me and I will then email the route to you.
The exact roads on the route are still to be determined upon the road being checked of pot holes or low clearance. This is definant that we will be going:
From Melissa TX
New Hope
Frisco
Celina
Denton
Copper Canyon
Flower Mound

The route will be approx 1 hour and 45 minutes since we are talking the north route threw country roads. I know this is not California or the Swiss alps but the fanatics in this area can make best of what we do have.

If you mail your $50 entrance fee you will be guranteed to receive:
*T-Shirt from the Event
*Lanyard with your name and info
*Free Pizza (Please do not plan to be a all you can eat buffet)
*Vehicle sticker for the rally.
Prizes will be handed out from sponsors. The event is still open to sponsors who would like to join please call or email me if you are interested.

Old 11-01-2007, 05:29 PM
globalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond repute
Please email me 2007rally@flipzidestudios.com the following information:

Full Name:
Address:
Car Driving on Rally:
DOB:

I will then reply with the directions on mailing the check for charity and the route will be emailed as soon as we have the exact roads.

THANKS LETS HAVE FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-02-2007, 08:37 AM
kwiker is on a distinguished road
Nice, this looks like it is going to be a very good event. Thank you for putting so much time and effort into it, i know you don't have a lot to spare.

edit: Do you want to keep this to 6speed only?

Last edited by kwiker; 11-02-2007 at 08:42 AM.
Old 11-02-2007, 10:35 AM
BigMac78 is on a distinguished road
Great Job

Great job global getting sponsorship etc.

I will send my info soon.

I checked out the North Texas Car Enthusiast club and it seems to be compiled of....fieros.

But my assumption is this event will be more lambos, porsches etc.....right? Either way I am sure it will be a blast but I was just checking...

B

Old 11-02-2007, 07:05 PM
Originally Posted by BigMac78
Great job global getting sponsorship etc.

I will send my info soon.

I checked out the North Texas Car Enthusiast club and it seems to be compiled of....fieros.

But my assumption is this event will be more lambos, porsches etc.....right? Either way I am sure it will be a blast but I was just checking...

B

ummmm I just googled it and I didnt see it.... I just made the name up and Curtis "tractorcrusher" helped me with the logo. I didnt think I should do meets under my name or Username this way a charity can thank everyone rather than just myself. If the name is taken I will change it no big deal :/ thanks for the heads up.

Nice, this looks like it is going to be a very good event. Thank you for putting so much time and effort into it, i know you don't have a lot to spare.

edit: Do you want to keep this to 6speed only?
No lets have everyone we can get its a charity event that benifts a great foundation. Post it on all the forums you know but please link it to 6speed this way I can keep track of everything.

THANKS!

Old 11-03-2007, 07:21 AM
mondohoss is on a distinguished road
Old 11-03-2007, 11:42 AM
THanks allot for posting this! Im not that computer literate I guess...
This is NOT the EXACT final route, until a few people drive it and say the roads are good to drive we will make a few small changes.

THANKS AGAIN EVERYONE!

If you guys can post it on some other forums it would be great!

Old 11-03-2007, 01:30 PM
NTAG Invited

Hey global,

I use to have an Audi A4 and was a member of the North Texas Audi Group (NTAG) so I invited them out to the rally....I told them to contact you via this site if they want to enroll....

http://www.northtexasaudigroup.com/f...817#post111817

zoom zoom

Old 11-03-2007, 01:54 PM
Hey global,

I use to have an Audi A4 and was a member of the North Texas Audi Group (NTAG) so I invited them out to the rally....I told them to contact you via this site if they want to enroll....

http://www.northtexasaudigroup.com/f...817#post111817

zoom zoom
Perfect thanks!

I posted on E46fanatics and ferrarichat... any forums are welcome

Old 11-04-2007, 03:53 PM
Scavenger Hunt?

Hey global,

This would be like, my first rally assuming I am in town but I am curious about this scavenger hunt. I have images of a cannonball run screeching start while being followed by a Rolls Royce with a turbocharger driven by a mad sheik racing to get to the next checkpoint....however I dont think that is how it will be...

Can you just describe what the scavenger hunt is about? I am just curious...if its a surprise I understand.

Old 11-04-2007, 03:59 PM
Hey global,

This would be like, my first rally assuming I am in town but I am curious about this scavenger hunt. I have images of a cannonball run screeching start while being followed by a Rolls Royce with a turbocharger driven by a mad sheik racing to get to the next checkpoint....however I dont think that is how it will be...

Can you just describe what the scavenger hunt is about? I am just curious...if its a surprise I understand.
Glad you asked! The only surprise is what the task will be since if I pos them know people can complete them and then get the most points.

So this is how it will happen.

We will all meet at the starting point and myself and some help will pass out a gift bag to everyone. Gift bag will have a sheet of paper that will have task on it to complete with 2 or 3 boxes to the right. so example.

Scavenger Hunt Points:
Take Picture of Starting point or get receipt from gas station 5 Points
You can the box to the right so you know you completed it and a blank spot for us to check when you get to the finish line

Take a picture of a barn on with a horse near by or grab a peice of hay 15 points.

We will have about 15-20 diffrent things people can do and at the end we will measure Tire pressure and that will be the winning points or decide tie breakers.

We are doing it this way so everyone obeys the speed limit and the law and the objective is to enjoy the trip and make a few stops on the way.

We will provide 2 way radios to 3-5 people Start man/End Man/Middle Man and extra. This way we dont leave anyone behind and noon tries to cheat by taking 121 straight their

Hope this gets everyone excited, cus I sure cant wait. This will be allot of fun when 100 cars are running the route looking for the task that need to be completed.

I unfortunatly are going out of the country that days so I dont think I will take the Porsche but anyway I cant win anything it would be fast, they call me "speed racer" JK

Old 11-05-2007, 02:10 PM
Got some sad news last night guys. Found out my cousin has a brain tumor and its seriouse. You never know when something so traggic will touch you so close. Remmember to think of others and take care of yourself and always give when you can. Its ironic that I was talking to Kwiker Saturday and he mentioned $50 was a little high but I wanted to make it clear to him that is going to a good caus. Its not all the time you have the opertunity to give and make it fun. Rest assured the next charity benefit hopefully will be to cancer.

Have a great week guys

Old 11-05-2007, 02:24 PM
mondohoss is on a distinguished road
Dritan
Sorry to hear about your cousin.
I have a customer who beat brain cancer he was diagnosed 7 years ago
they gave him 6 months. He is now 48 years old, no sign of the cancer
Keep the faith

Old 11-05-2007, 02:35 PM
Originally Posted by mondohoss
Dritan
Sorry to hear about your cousin.
I have a customer who beat brain cancer he was diagnosed 7 years ago
they gave him 6 months. He is now 48 years old, no sign of the cancer
Keep the faith
Yea you cant give up.

Thats the reason I havent replied to your email just been feeling ****y. Ill reply to your email tomorrow when I get back to work. Thanks again for helping with the route, that really helps allot!

My cousin who lives in Flower Mound told me thier is a really nice route from Denton to Flower Mound via 377 connection.

Thanks again

Old 11-05-2007, 03:11 PM
Hey

Global,

Thanks for the run down on the event! Very insightful.

Also, my best to your cousin and family. I cant imagine the amount of stress but well wishes.

B

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Melissa TX to Flower Mound Scavenger Hunt Rally 11/24/2007