996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Baby Porsches!!! And Then Some...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-03-2005, 04:49 PM
collin996tt is infamous around these parts
You could be doing this all week, Shaun.

Old 01-03-2005, 04:58 PM
Z0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant future
Originally posted by DarioTexas
Sounds like it's worth the $50 then huh?
I've been playing with Photosop for a few months ... it's gotta be worth it somewhere!!! . And I have plenty of time right now ...
I hope GG isn't angry at me for doing these no-charge-for-the-heck-of-it minis ... at least I refrain myself from telling the whole world how to do it! lol

The porsche really is cute in mini ... LOL

Bikes are a pain though. And they don't look right.

Last edited by Z0RR0; 01-03-2005 at 05:16 PM.
Old 01-03-2005, 05:22 PM
HdS
HdS has much to be proud ofHdS has much to be proud ofHdS has much to be proud ofHdS has much to be proud ofHdS has much to be proud ofHdS has much to be proud ofHdS has much to be proud ofHdS has much to be proud ofHdS has much to be proud of
Z0RR0, give us a tutorial...

Old 01-03-2005, 05:31 PM
Mowateriology is infamous around these partsMowateriology is infamous around these parts
ZORRO thanks appreciate it !

motion to sticky thread LOL

Old 01-03-2005, 05:45 PM
Ruiner is infamous around these parts
Here is your tutorial:

Firstly, it is better to pick a photo with a neutral background (like trees or a wall) since the background will be compressed too. A side view is also easier than a 3/4 front view as the angle will not vary so much.

Once you have selected a picture then its best to duplicate that layer just in case you make a mistake.

First thing to do is to select the area around the front wheel, making sure to get some of the wheel arch and ground in too. I use the Polygonal Lasso Tool to make the selcetion and once its selected, hit EDIT, COPY, EDIT, PASTE. This will paste that selection onto a new layer.

Attached Images  

Last edited by Ruiner; 01-03-2005 at 06:01 PM.
Old 01-03-2005, 05:46 PM
Then do the same for the rear wheel again making sure to include some of the wheelarch and ground/shadow. Once again hit EDIT, COPY, EDIT, PASTE. This will put that selcetion on another layer giving you a total of three layers. You might not be able to see them until you turn off some of the little 'eyes' on the layers menu independently.

Attached Images  
Old 01-03-2005, 05:47 PM
Now make sure you are on the original background layer of the vehicle and hit EDIT, FREE TRANSFORM. You will then be able to drag the original pic in by however much you want. I usualy bring it in by about 40%.

Attached Images  

Last edited by Ruiner; 01-03-2005 at 05:55 PM.
Old 01-03-2005, 05:47 PM
Now just move the wheels into where they look roughly correct (in the image I chose, they did not line up correctly 'cause the car is on a 3/4 view)

Attached Images  
Old 01-03-2005, 05:49 PM
If you have the same problem as me then you can click on the EDIT, TRANSFORM, DISTORT button and manipulate that layer until it lines up with the body and the shadows.

Attached Images  
Old 01-03-2005, 05:51 PM
Once you have them roughly lined up, select the eraser tool and drop the opacity (on the top menu bar) down to around 50% and select each wheel layer and feather out the edges to tidy them up. This will make them blend into the original layer. I have turned down the opacity of the original layer in this pic so you can see the feathering.

Attached Images  
Old 01-03-2005, 05:52 PM
Once you have finished that, then just crop the picture to whatever size you want and you're done! Should take you around ten minutes to do.

If you want to make it look more cartoonish, you can copy things like the door handle, mirrors or gas tank flap from the original picture and paste them on to the finished product (as they will look too big for it now).

Attached Images  

Last edited by Ruiner; 01-03-2005 at 05:59 PM.
Old 01-03-2005, 06:08 PM
AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !
THANKS!!! THEY LOOK AWESOME!!!!
I am going to try and do one myself, thanks for the Tut Ruiner!!
Evan

Old 01-03-2005, 06:39 PM
Z0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant future
I do it in a slightly different way. Quicker and better IMO.
I use masks instead of eraser.
Step one. Isolate the wheels.
with any select tool (I use the rectangular marquee ... but hey) select the wheel with a bunch of margin around. Copy as layer. Do again for the other wheel.

Step 2 - shorten the car.
Duplicate background, Free Transform (ctrl-t) and set its width zoom (in the top bars) around 60%. Make sure width and height aren't linked.

Step 3 - match the wheels
Move the wheels (the layers previously created) to where you want them. Helpful tip, set the layer opacity at 50%, so you can see where it actually is going. Opacity back to 100% when you're done moving.

Step 4 - smoothen it.
Now I add a layer mask (the little circle in rectangle icon at the bottom of the layers window). With a mask, when you paint black, it hides the layer, when you paint in white, it shows it.
Use the smooth brush and "erase" (by painting black in the mask!) everything extra. Big plus of a mask, if you "erase" too much, all you have to do is paint white what you want to see.

And tadaa.

For the pics less from profile, you may have to do some skew on the wheels (right click during free transform) to match the body correctly.

It's very easy, but can be very time consuming to get really right. That's why I wouldn'twant to get payed for it. When I get annoyed at a pic, I can butcher it (ie bike pic) and call it a day ...

Old 01-03-2005, 07:04 PM
HdS
HdS has much to be proud ofHdS has much to be proud ofHdS has much to be proud ofHdS has much to be proud ofHdS has much to be proud ofHdS has much to be proud ofHdS has much to be proud ofHdS has much to be proud ofHdS has much to be proud of
CJA, I hope you don't mind that I used your pic....

Took me 5 min, very easy to do:

Attached Images  
Old 01-03-2005, 07:38 PM
HdS
Improved:

Attached Images  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Baby Porsches!!! And Then Some...