996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Bugatti Veyron Test drive!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-09-2006, 01:40 AM
Banned
allanlambo has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Bugatti Veyron Test drive!

Just got back from a very gracious Veyron drive, compliments of the guys at Beverly Hills Lambo. Now mind you, this was not just any test drive, this was a full on ring out as much of the car as humanly possible on the street of L.A. drive, not a 5 minute trip around the block. The drive consisted not only of me cruising around in traffic, but SEVERAL full on acceleration bursts to as much as 135mph from traffic light to traffic light, and being able to STOP!!!! All I can say, is im in love. The car is rediculous. As far as what it feels to drive, the best I can liken it to, is that it feels like a Murcielago, with 5X the power, with a seemless transmission.

Heres how it went. First go out with the test driver, who explains the car to me, and gives us some inclanation to the capabilities of the car. The tranny has three functions, click it to the right, and it is in drive. You just cruise like in any automatic car. Car is soo easy to drive, and visibility is very good, even though the seats are set too far down for my likeing. This is fixed at the factory, as they are matched to each persons requirements. Drive is for easy, normal driving. Then you click it again, and you are in Sport mode, or you can go into paddle shifters. I kept it in Sport, where the car holds the gear you are in, and shifts at 6400rpm. The tranny actually always has the next gear already engaged, making your shifts totally seemless. From short stoplight to stoplight, I hit slightly over 135mph, and what amazed me was the cars ability to stop. In between short bursts in traffic, everytime id get on it, instantly you are doing triple digits with brakes to match.

People on the streets definitely recognize the car also, as it stops traffic wherever it goes. We must have also made a Camaro SS drivers day, when the test driver gave him a test of what the BUG could do, leaving him instantly behind.

As I said, the feel of the car, is much closer to a Murcielago, then to say a Porsche Carrera Gt in my opinion. It was a fantastic experience, and many, many thanks to the guys at Beverly Hills Lambo for the opportunity.

For me, the Bugatti is the DEFINITIVE Supercar, capable of making cars like the Enzo, look silly.

Attached Images  
Old 01-09-2006, 01:44 AM
Banned
renntech36 will become famous soon enoughrenntech36 will become famous soon enough
so in retrospect, was it painfully fast, literally?

Old 01-09-2006, 01:48 AM
6088TTS has a spectacular aura about6088TTS has a spectacular aura about6088TTS has a spectacular aura about
wow Allan... congradulations!!! thats an increadible opportunity to drive a Veyron... and how does it compare to a Murci??? in acceleration and cornering??? the DSG 7 speed must have been a joy to drive...

Old 01-09-2006, 01:49 AM
BOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to behold
i am so very jealous

Old 01-09-2006, 04:02 AM
egbert is on a distinguished road
I've read that the gearbox is an unbelievable piece of kit. It must be to deal with 1000bhp and be so smooth.

Old 01-09-2006, 05:10 AM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
Very lucky person you are so fortunate to drive the Veyron

Old 01-09-2006, 05:13 AM
996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute
oh my god! do you really know how lucky you are Allan (not meaning that cheeky) It would make the Enzo look silly as I heard that it had eatin the Mclaren for breakfast!

Man, that must have been an awesome ride!

Allan, do you know how many have been built now?

Last edited by 996TT_STEVO; 01-09-2006 at 05:56 AM.
Old 01-09-2006, 05:37 AM
cayennemaniac
I think only 50 are in the world.Way too lucky.But where are the pics and videos?I don't think you didn't take video of that EVENT!!!!!!You re way too LUCKY ALLAN

Old 01-09-2006, 06:22 AM
alenst is a name known to allalenst is a name known to allalenst is a name known to allalenst is a name known to allalenst is a name known to allalenst is a name known to all
Holy crap, you are so damn lucky!

Old 01-09-2006, 08:58 AM
Junior Mint
Big Carrot is on a distinguished road
Holy Hell!!! I am BEYOND jealous!!! That's incredible, man!

Old 01-09-2006, 10:43 AM
Jeebus is on a distinguished road
I did'nt know they had any in country. More pics?????

Old 01-09-2006, 10:56 AM
SHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud of
What are they asking? 1M? What an experience! Can't wait to see one in person someday.

Old 01-09-2006, 11:17 AM
Banned
Guys Ill give you more info when i get back to Maui. I have pics, but no video, it was too dark. Car is simply amazing!

Old 01-09-2006, 11:20 AM
Banned
PS... If any of you guys are in Malibu, we are shooting out there right now, and goingfor a run through the canyons.

Old 01-09-2006, 11:25 AM
SilverTTCab has much to be proud ofSilverTTCab has much to be proud ofSilverTTCab has much to be proud ofSilverTTCab has much to be proud ofSilverTTCab has much to be proud ofSilverTTCab has much to be proud ofSilverTTCab has much to be proud ofSilverTTCab has much to be proud of
sweet.

saw it at the autoshow... much smaller in person than i thought it'd be from the pics....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 4.00 average.

Quick Reply: Bugatti Veyron Test drive!