997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Iforged Wheels Back- Still Not Resolved

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 02:34 PM
jreeves197 is infamous around these partsjreeves197 is infamous around these parts
Iforged Wheels Back- Still Not Resolved

Ok, I have my wheels back Iforged and I will be sending them to Peter at wheel experts. He has offered to look at them and try to figure out what the problem is before I spend another 400-500 remounting,balancing, and new alignment.. I will keep you guys posted as to what he finds out.. Almost a year and still no new wheels. Not cool.

Old 11-27-2007, 04:10 PM
ArcticBoost is on a distinguished road
Sounds like a mess. Throughout the bunch of forums I'm on, I've been hearing more and more horror stories about iForged wheels.

Good luck, keep us posted.

Old 11-27-2007, 04:40 PM
Banned
RWDRIFTC2 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by jreeves197
Ok, I have my wheels back Iforged and I will be sending them to Peter at wheel experts. He has offered to look at them and try to figure out what the problem is before I spend another 400-500 remounting,balancing, and new alignment.. I will keep you guys posted as to what he finds out.. Almost a year and still no new wheels. Not cool.
There was nothing wrong with jreeves197 wheels. The wheels were called backed to the manufacture to check the specs per his recommendations. All wheels were checked and nothing was wrong with them. We sent him a video of all three wheels on the machine and they were in spec. Sounds like a mounting issue.

Last edited by RWDRIFTC2; 11-27-2007 at 04:42 PM.
Old 11-27-2007, 04:48 PM
ol'school is on a distinguished road
That sucks.

Old 11-28-2007, 03:03 PM
B-moreBroker is on a distinguished road
whats wrong with the wheels?

Old 11-28-2007, 04:44 PM
jreeves197 is infamous around these partsjreeves197 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by RWDRIFTC2
There was nothing wrong with jreeves197 wheels. The wheels were called backed to the manufacture to check the specs per his recommendations. All wheels were checked and nothing was wrong with them. We sent him a video of all three wheels on the machine and they were in spec. Sounds like a mounting issue.
We have discussed this over the phone, when I put your wheels on I have a vibration. When I put on my oem wheels I don't. No matter what your machine says If the Porsche dealer says they are bad and Two other wheel shops say that then I would have to be inclined to believe them. Why the hell would I want to go through this mess if nothing was wrong.. I will have to get someone else to tell me what the problem is and then I will tell you guys so you can try and fix them. Its like having a hot girlfriend and she dosen't put out.. The wheels look great but I cant use them.

Old 11-28-2007, 04:47 PM
We have discussed this over the phone, when I put your wheels on I have a vibration. When I put on my oem wheels I don't. No matter what your machine says If the Porsche dealer says they are bad and Two other wheel shops say that then I would have to be inclined to believe them. Why the hell would I want to go through this mess if nothing was wrong.. I will have to get someone else to tell me what the problem is and then I will tell you guys so you can try and fix them. Its like having a hot girlfriend and she dosen't put out.. The wheels look great but I cant use them.
Dude I have the same exact problem with my 20" black i-forged Daytonas... Had to take them off because of the vibrations... they don't seem to fit on correctly...How are you solving the problem?

Old 11-28-2007, 04:53 PM
Peter at wheel experts is checking them out. Hopefully he can tell me whats wrong.. I am having a pulsating vibration and it eventually ruins my rear tires.. How long have you had yours??

Old 11-28-2007, 04:56 PM
I bought them from Eurorev in '04 when I bought my car... they vibrated the first time I put them on and continued to do so for a week... they have been sitting in my buddy's garage for 3 yrs as I don't have time to deal with that... moved to a set of F110's for the track but I would love to have the I-forges work for the street...

Old 11-28-2007, 05:00 PM
Originally Posted by B-moreBroker
I bought them from Eurorev in '04 when I bought my car... they vibrated the first time I put them on and continued to do so for a week... they have been sitting in my buddy's garage for 3 yrs as I don't have time to deal with that... moved to a set of F110's for the track but I would love to have the I-forges work for the street...
Thats bs, did you talk to Iforged??? What did they say?? All I get from them is everything is fine with the wheels and every tire shop in the country is balancing them wrong... Including the dealer.

Old 11-28-2007, 05:02 PM
Are yours 20" wheels? I'm sure we have the same problem... let me know if he is able to fix it so I can send mine!

Old 11-28-2007, 05:08 PM
Mine are 19" senakas.. I am so RELIEVED to know someone else has the same problem(RWDRIFTC2) hope you are reading this!! YOU GUYS NEED TO FIGURE IT OUT!!!! For $5,000 I shouldn't have a problem.. This really pisses me off!!

Old 11-28-2007, 05:10 PM
Mine are 19" senakas.. I am so RELIEVED to know someone else has the same problem(RWDRIFTC2) hope you are reading this!! YOU GUYS NEED TO FIGURE IT OUT!!!! For $5,000 I shouldn't have a problem.. This really pisses me off!!

I paid $4500 for mine... lets get this fixed! You got me fired up now!

Old 11-28-2007, 05:13 PM
Is RWDRIFT an I-forged rep?

Old 11-28-2007, 05:16 PM
They have a lot of people complaining and I am shocked they aren't trying to fix their quality problem.. The same wheel shop I bought mine through had another customer bring some in to be mounted and they were leaking air!! Iforged said to pound sand and the tire shop had to reseal the wheels to fix it!! My hand is shaking I am so mad right now!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Iforged Wheels Back- Still Not Resolved