GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

997 GT3 over TT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-07-2008, 08:28 AM
memo is on a distinguished road
997 GT3 over TT

I have an allocation for a may build and june delivery for a 997tt. I plan to keep the car for not more than two years and then move on. But the wait will kill me

All of a sudden, I started to think about getting a used GT3 mainly because I won't wait for it and also I thought it would depreciate less in two years compared to TT.

Both great cars and but I just can't decide between those two. Help me out here little bit please

Old 03-07-2008, 09:24 AM
speedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud of
june is not too far away if tt is what you really want.

Old 03-07-2008, 09:30 AM
Banned
GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !
IMO the GT3 is more fun to drive and a better track day car. You can drive more to the cars limits without getting in trouble, not true for the TT.

Better long term resale for the GT3.

TT does provide better straight line power. Comparing average drivers on the track, the GT3 driver on average has a better lap time than the TT with the added power. Again because you can wringe more out of the GT3 safely. Anyway the GT3 is no slouch in the power department.

Good luck,
GT3Ranger

Old 03-07-2008, 09:41 PM
///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold
Start looking for a used GT3. There was a silver one for 109K.

Old 03-07-2008, 09:47 PM
fredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond repute
Agreed with Juan,

When I had my 650HP 997 TT and GT3RS in my garage, I never drove the TT. Hence why I sold it.

The TT is BORING compared to the GT3. Agreed has more HP/straightline performance but car feels like a sedan and really not as enjoyable as driving the GT3. Everytime I get in the GT3RS I feel like a kid and I just didn't get that in the TT.

If you already have a daily driver like an SUV or Sedan then for sure get the GT3. If you don't and want a more comfortable daily driver then get the TT.

Old 03-07-2008, 10:07 PM
P97
P97 is on a distinguished road
I made a mistake of selling my GT3 before I test drove the TT. I needed tip for the wife and a real 4 seater, but when I finally drove the TT, I immediately went to the BMW dealer and picked up an M5.

Not to bash anyone owning a TT, but this car is not as exciting for me as the GT3. The TT's "sewing machine" exhaust, the wheels, suspension, bumpers, etc...does nothing for me. Add on the cost and it's a no brainer. I'd choose a GT3 over a TT. The only saving grace is I'm on the list for a 998 GT3.

Old 03-08-2008, 05:33 PM
DYL 911 is a name known to allDYL 911 is a name known to allDYL 911 is a name known to allDYL 911 is a name known to allDYL 911 is a name known to allDYL 911 is a name known to all
for me its a no brainer, my next upgrade is the 997 GT3

Old 03-08-2008, 06:05 PM
Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !
I agree with all the above, I hardly drive my TT any more. The GT3 is so much more involving a car to drive.

Old 03-08-2008, 06:18 PM
SWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud of
I agree with Juan, Fred, and just about everybody else here: the GT3 is the driver's car. Nothing at all wrong with the TT (supercar performance), I guess it's just a matter of preference.

Old 03-08-2008, 08:59 PM
Rob
Rob is a glorious beacon of lightRob is a glorious beacon of lightRob is a glorious beacon of lightRob is a glorious beacon of lightRob is a glorious beacon of light
Me too. I don't miss my 996TT at all. Aside from the torque, it did nothing as good or better than my 997 GT3. What you give up in low/mid range thrust, you gain in mid/high rpm pull, which feels great.

The GT3 is no joke in the speed department, it moves. I didn't think is was going to be as quick as it is. That motor's putting out every bit of 415 ponies.. Clydesdales, rather.

I think if I had both, I wouldn't drive the TT nearly as much, either. Between the sound, the feel and the top end rush.. it's a sweet ride.

Old 03-08-2008, 09:12 PM
930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future
i had a 7TT boring car to drive... numb. heavy, eventless... great for drinking a latte in

Old 03-08-2008, 10:28 PM
CarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by fredttx50
Agreed with Juan,

When I had my 650HP 997 TT and GT3RS in my garage, I never drove the TT. Hence why I sold it.

The TT is BORING compared to the GT3. Agreed has more HP/straightline performance but car feels like a sedan and really not as enjoyable as driving the GT3. Everytime I get in the GT3RS I feel like a kid and I just didn't get that in the TT.

If you already have a daily driver like an SUV or Sedan then for sure get the GT3. If you don't and want a more comfortable daily driver then get the TT.
Hey Fred. This is interesting as i'm trying to decide whether i should keep my Turbo and upgrade to around 600 bhp or sell and try to find a 997 3 of my liking...?

To be honest, while i feel like the 997 3 has my Turbo beat in almost every area, i'm having trouble parting with boosted acceleration. How did you do it so easily, especially with 650bhp? I went for a pretty nice ride (and test drive for that matter) in a 997 3 and wasnt all that impressed with its acceleration capabilities compared to my Turbo, which albeit maybe has 480 bhp, but made the GT3 seem a lot slower (possibly due to the "all at once" thrust boost produces). Does a LWFW make any difference? Seemed like it took forever to reach 8,000 revs.

What you think about doing a couple short burst on our way down to So Cal (only in completely open road from say 60-100)? You can email your thoughts. Also, would you mind giving a test ride sometime? I'd like to see how much quicker the car gets up to redline with a LWFW. Look forward to talking more about this during the run! See ya soon. Cheers man!

Old 03-08-2008, 11:25 PM
997CarreraS is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by 930man
i had a 7TT boring car to drive... numb. heavy, eventless... great for drinking a latte in
Just traded my TT in on a GT3. Wow I had no idea. No comparison. Buy a GT3

Old 03-09-2008, 12:41 PM
OldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond repute
Like everyone said.

I wonder how many GT3 owners are EX TT guys- I am.

Old 03-09-2008, 01:44 PM
03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold
Count me in as an ex-TT owner as well.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997 GT3 over TT