American Muscle Everything from a Cadillac Escalade to a new Ford GT to a classic C1 Corvette

Chrysler 300C SRT-8?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-22-2008, 03:41 PM
GSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to all
Chrysler 300C SRT-8?

Hey guys, my wife and I looked at an SRT8 300C today. Didn't get a chance to drive it because the dealer wouldn't pull it out of the showroom. I really like the room of the vehicle and obviously the performance of the Hemi.

My questions are for those of you that have owned or currently own a 300C with the Hemi (SRT8 or regular). What kinds of problems have you experienced with the vehicle in general? Is Chrysler good about their warranty coverage?

Any help would be great guys.

Old 03-23-2008, 08:05 AM
GSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to all
Nobody has any info?

Old 03-23-2008, 08:40 PM
mpk5039 Is a GOD !mpk5039 Is a GOD !mpk5039 Is a GOD !mpk5039 Is a GOD !mpk5039 Is a GOD !mpk5039 Is a GOD !mpk5039 Is a GOD !mpk5039 Is a GOD !mpk5039 Is a GOD !mpk5039 Is a GOD !mpk5039 Is a GOD !
Don't have one but my friend works at a dodge dealership and he has driven quite a few 300C's and Charger RT's with the hemi's. He never mentioned anything about them having problems. A local guy bought a Charger SRT-8 and he hasnt had any problems with it. Only problem is the type of people that usually work there(at least the one Dodge Dealership by me) the employees usually beat on the dealership's(as well as customers') cars. They are pretty good about warranty work though. Just choose the right dealership and buy one with no miles. Limited advice, I know haha. All I have though.

Old 03-24-2008, 02:57 PM
Red Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to all
I've had a Charger SRT-8 for 6+ months without any trouble. A friend has a 2 year old 300 SRT-8 with minimal problems. Your best bet is a website specific to that car, so Google it and read up.

Old 03-24-2008, 04:45 PM
DubzDirect is on a distinguished road
no trouble here either... LOVE it! fast, comfortable, decent gas!

Old 03-24-2008, 08:12 PM
Thanks for the insight guys. I tried searching and even went to the 300c forums. Nothing really turned up. The only thing my buddy could think of (hes a state trooper that drives a new Charger) is that they eat brakes like crazy. I told him that could be solved with a nice brake upgrade of the sorts.

Old 03-24-2008, 08:54 PM
TTM0TION is on a distinguished road
My uncle actually has one, HUUGEE mopar guy, and he loves it and hasn't had any problems. I'm actually about due for a new vehicle and he has highly recommended this and the charger to me...

Old 03-25-2008, 05:17 AM
Red Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to all
Originally Posted by GSlider
Thanks for the insight guys. I tried searching and even went to the 300c forums. Nothing really turned up. The only thing my buddy could think of (hes a state trooper that drives a new Charger) is that they eat brakes like crazy. I told him that could be solved with a nice brake upgrade of the sorts.
The 300/Charger come stock with large Brembos and I'm telling you a break upgrade isn't necessary, beyond maybe using harder-composition pads. Most people don't drive their personal cars like the cops do, beating the crap out of them mostly. I don't know for sure but doubt the police Chargers have the Brembo upgrade. Take it from someone who's owned a few nice BMW sedans and test-drove everything from a $100+ K Audi S8(disappointing) to BMW, M-B, etc., if you want a firm-riding and powerful, albeit heavy, sedan, you won't be disappointed with the SRT version of the 300/Charger.

Old 03-25-2008, 06:29 AM
pjb84 is infamous around these partspjb84 is infamous around these partspjb84 is infamous around these parts
I havn't driven the SRT-8 but I got to drive the base model for a rental last yr while I was on a trip. Decent gas mileage and very roomy. Very comfortable..I felt like I could cruise all day and night in it. And you cant beat the looks of those cars. Pure sexy broad shoulder styling and huge grille IMO

EDIT: found this..helpful??
http://www.300cforums.com/

Last edited by pjb84; 03-25-2008 at 06:32 AM.
Old 03-25-2008, 01:46 PM
Rolex76 is on a distinguished road
good taste .. srt8 i'v got one its over heated only go with thermo plus afe intake predatior tune u will get 400rwhp lol

Old 03-25-2008, 01:51 PM
DanWeber is a splendid one to beholdDanWeber is a splendid one to beholdDanWeber is a splendid one to beholdDanWeber is a splendid one to beholdDanWeber is a splendid one to beholdDanWeber is a splendid one to beholdDanWeber is a splendid one to behold
I had one and it was one of the best cars I have ever owned.
No problems at all and great power.
I would just upgrade the tires, they are very bad when it rains. But I guess with so much torque and rwd no tire is really good

Old 03-25-2008, 05:39 PM
jojogoya88 is on a distinguished road
I absolutely hate the ride 300c's have to offer, actaully everything they offer. Although i havent driven a srt8 300c, its practically the same car, except for suspension, engine,brakes, some exterior components... basically to sum it up, in my own opinion i would never get one. I just hated driving one for a couple hours.

On the other hand, jeep srt8 is the greatest srt8 right now imo.

good luck with the decision

Old 03-25-2008, 05:52 PM
SINISTR has a spectacular aura aboutSINISTR has a spectacular aura aboutSINISTR has a spectacular aura about
Wait a few months and get a Pontiac G8 GXP. Will be faster, cost a little less, handle better, and IMO look better.

Old 03-25-2008, 06:14 PM
Originally Posted by Red Devil
The 300/Charger come stock with large Brembos and I'm telling you a break upgrade isn't necessary, beyond maybe using harder-composition pads. Most people don't drive their personal cars like the cops do, beating the crap out of them mostly. I don't know for sure but doubt the police Chargers have the Brembo upgrade. Take it from someone who's owned a few nice BMW sedans and test-drove everything from a $100+ K Audi S8(disappointing) to BMW, M-B, etc., if you want a firm-riding and powerful, albeit heavy, sedan, you won't be disappointed with the SRT version of the 300/Charger.

Thats true. I didn't think about the Brembos that are already on it. And, I completely agree about the brakes taking a beating from being driven 24/7 by cops. I really do like the room and the looks of the car. It'll look even better with a set of Sevas 22" wheels and an Eibach suspension...

Old 03-25-2008, 06:35 PM
pjb84 is infamous around these partspjb84 is infamous around these partspjb84 is infamous around these parts
Get it! If/when you do, post pics. I'd like to get one for a daily driver.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Chrysler 300C SRT-8?