GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Photos during Carrera GT Clutch Replacement

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-02-2008, 07:39 PM
porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !
Photos during Carrera GT Clutch Replacement

Carrera GT in for a clutch, thought you guys might be as fascinated with these pictures as I was taking them. Simply amazing. Enjoy the pics! Click on each picture then click full size in the upper right of the page for a larger version.

Last edited by porschespeeddemon; 05-02-2008 at 07:48 PM.
Old 05-02-2008, 07:42 PM
porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !

Last edited by porschespeeddemon; 05-02-2008 at 07:46 PM.
Old 05-02-2008, 07:45 PM

Old 05-02-2008, 07:58 PM
alex@wheelexperts is on a distinguished road
amazing!!! the engineering behind this car is stunning...

Old 05-02-2008, 08:22 PM
ThisFlyGuy is a jewel in the roughThisFlyGuy is a jewel in the roughThisFlyGuy is a jewel in the roughThisFlyGuy is a jewel in the rough
wow, all that work

Old 05-02-2008, 08:28 PM
Banned
lemansz20 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
I would LOVE to know the miles on that car, and what he did to need a new clutch b/c i hear those things are unstoppable.

Old 05-02-2008, 08:45 PM
DM1
DM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond repute
Very COOL Pictures! Thanks!

Old 05-02-2008, 08:48 PM
Phoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant future
porschespeeddem, thanks for the pix. Much appreciated.

Originally Posted by lemansz20
I would LOVE to know the miles on that car, and what he did to need a new clutch b/c i hear those things are unstoppable.
+1

Old 05-02-2008, 08:48 PM
stevespai is on a distinguished road
What was the reason for the clutch replacement? great Pics!

Old 05-02-2008, 08:50 PM
Originally Posted by stevespai
What was the reason for the clutch replacement? great Pics!
See the last few pics in post #2. The pieces of the clutch pads are not supposed to be heat checked/cracked/broken off. Also the carbon fiber discs were very glazed and heat checked.

Edit: thanks for the comments. It was very cool to be a part of the procedure, and I'm sure I will be putting it back together to some degree as well.

Last edited by porschespeeddemon; 05-02-2008 at 08:53 PM.
Old 05-02-2008, 09:19 PM
TCM
TCM will become famous soon enough
That is one exspesnive and legnthy looking clutch replacement. Amazing engineering and pictures. Thank you for sharing. How long did it take to just get to the clutch itself?

Old 05-03-2008, 12:08 AM
HRTC is on a distinguished road
Amazing!!!

Old 05-03-2008, 03:29 AM
jamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by porschespeeddem
See the last few pics in post #2. The pieces of the clutch pads are not supposed to be heat checked/cracked/broken off. Also the carbon fiber discs were very glazed and heat checked.

Edit: thanks for the comments. It was very cool to be a part of the procedure, and I'm sure I will be putting it back together to some degree as well.
Great pics. Perhaps you could find out what the owner did to cause this?

Old 05-03-2008, 06:23 AM
Monodose is on a distinguished road
Nice pics

Old 05-03-2008, 06:43 AM
AudiDreamer is on a distinguished road
Awesome, thanks for sharing pictures that I thought I would never see.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Photos during Carrera GT Clutch Replacement