997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

997.2 IPD Plenum Install....

Old 10-27-2010, 03:15 PM
eathvy is on a distinguished road
997.2 IPD Plenum Install....

Has anyone installed the new IPD plenum in a DFI car? If so what was your experience with the install? What was your experience with the results?

Old 10-28-2010, 09:35 AM
John McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to behold
Subscribed... Price/DIY?

Old 10-28-2010, 10:06 AM
Former Vendor
Sales@Champion is a splendid one to beholdSales@Champion is a splendid one to beholdSales@Champion is a splendid one to beholdSales@Champion is a splendid one to beholdSales@Champion is a splendid one to beholdSales@Champion is a splendid one to beholdSales@Champion is a splendid one to behold
We have two IPD plenums here that we are going to install on our shop cars once the work load calms down =)

I will be sure to document the installation process and we will also conduct pre and post dyno pulls.

Old 10-28-2010, 04:04 PM
jacques1960 is just really nicejacques1960 is just really nicejacques1960 is just really nicejacques1960 is just really nice
Am similarly curious as to whether the physics match the aesthetics, which are superb.

Old 10-28-2010, 07:02 PM
I just had mine installed yesterday. Took the dealer about 6 hours to install. I thought it would be a simple bolt on, maybe 2 hours, I was wrong. To do it correctly he stated that he had to drop the engine and make some slight modifications to make it operate correctly. I would like to know what everyone else, with a similar car, has experienced. I do, however, feel like the car has made some pretty good gains throughout the range.

Old 10-28-2010, 07:06 PM
To tell you the truth, the car feels incredible. It seems to have brought all the work I have done to the car together.

Old 10-29-2010, 03:42 PM
996CABOVA is a jewel in the rough996CABOVA is a jewel in the rough996CABOVA is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by eathvy
I just had mine installed yesterday. Took the dealer about 6 hours to install. I thought it would be a simple bolt on, maybe 2 hours, I was wrong. To do it correctly he stated that he had to drop the engine and make some slight modifications to make it operate correctly. I would like to know what everyone else, with a similar car, has experienced. I do, however, feel like the car has made some pretty good gains throughout the range.
6 HOURS to install and drop the engine man that better be worth it. I know when I had my Plenum on my 996 I liked it alot definitely produces power my 996 was veryyyy fast. Thanks for the info

Old 10-29-2010, 05:25 PM
Banned
IPD Greg has a reputation beyond reputeIPD Greg has a reputation beyond reputeIPD Greg has a reputation beyond reputeIPD Greg has a reputation beyond reputeIPD Greg has a reputation beyond reputeIPD Greg has a reputation beyond reputeIPD Greg has a reputation beyond reputeIPD Greg has a reputation beyond reputeIPD Greg has a reputation beyond reputeIPD Greg has a reputation beyond reputeIPD Greg has a reputation beyond repute
DFI Plenum Installation

Greetings again 6 Speeders,

Well we’ve officially installed 6 DFI Carrera Plenums as of today. The longest install time has been an 1.5 hours, but the average install time should be around 1 hour. This is a different style Plenum so many of the IPD dealers are just getting use to the new install procedures. Once familiar with the DFI Plenum, the second install should go considerably easier.

We highly recommend using WD40 to lubricate the inside and outside of the factory oval rubber boots that connect the IPD Plenum to the factory plastic intake manifolds. This enables the installer to better maneuver the Plenum into position and gain proper seating with the ovalized rubber boots. Once correctly seated, locating and securing the factory oval clamps is considerably easier. Once you’ve gotten to this phase of the install, the rest is easy.

All of the initial feedback and reviews from customers and dealers who have installed and driven the new 997.2 DFI Plenums has been a unanimous huge thumbs up. Every single customer has reported noticeable and substantial gains through out the entire rev range.

We are looking for one more 997.2 Carrera S to perform an additional dyno test. The catch is, we need a 6 speed equipped car. If there are any interested customers in the Southern California area please give us a call, e-mail or PM. We will perform the installation for free, pick up the tab for dyno tests and of course encourage the customer (and any friends) to attend the dyno testing session.

Thanks to everyone above who has chimed in on this thread. These DFI Plenums have been a massive challenge to develop as well as manufacture, but it has proven to be a very worthwhile venture and we are very please with all the positive feedback.

Cheers,
IPD Greg

Old 10-29-2010, 09:35 PM
gravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by IPD Greg
Greetings again 6 Speeders,

Well we’ve officially installed 6 DFI Carrera Plenums as of today. The longest install time has been an 1.5 hours, but the average install time should be around 1 hour. This is a different style Plenum so many of the IPD dealers are just getting use to the new install procedures. Once familiar with the DFI Plenum, the second install should go considerably easier.

We highly recommend using WD40 to lubricate the inside and outside of the factory oval rubber boots that connect the IPD Plenum to the factory plastic intake manifolds. This enables the installer to better maneuver the Plenum into position and gain proper seating with the ovalized rubber boots. Once correctly seated, locating and securing the factory oval clamps is considerably easier. Once you’ve gotten to this phase of the install, the rest is easy.

All of the initial feedback and reviews from customers and dealers who have installed and driven the new 997.2 DFI Plenums has been a unanimous huge thumbs up. Every single customer has reported noticeable and substantial gains through out the entire rev range.

We are looking for one more 997.2 Carrera S to perform an additional dyno test. The catch is, we need a 6 speed equipped car. If there are any interested customers in the Southern California area please give us a call, e-mail or PM. We will perform the installation for free, pick up the tab for dyno tests and of course encourage the customer (and any friends) to attend the dyno testing session.

Thanks to everyone above who has chimed in on this thread. These DFI Plenums have been a massive challenge to develop as well as manufacture, but it has proven to be a very worthwhile venture and we are very please with all the positive feedback.

Cheers,
IPD Greg
Are there any expected gains on the X51-equipped 3.8L engines (997.2)? For instance, the GTS?

Old 10-30-2010, 05:07 PM
996CABOVA is a jewel in the rough996CABOVA is a jewel in the rough996CABOVA is a jewel in the rough
I see alot of Gen II cars coming on this board, I think a GROUP BUY might be in order in the near future

Old 10-30-2010, 05:28 PM
ZoSo_DXB is on a distinguished road
To the OP, would you mind posting pics of the plenum on your car ?
Thanks

Old 10-30-2010, 09:51 PM
Gpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud of
No one besides me wondering why OP had to pay for 6 hrs labor and have his engine dropped to install a plenum?

Old 10-31-2010, 01:26 AM
1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Gpjli
No one besides me wondering why OP had to pay for 6 hrs labor and have his engine dropped to install a plenum?
Something smells very fishy here...

Old 10-31-2010, 04:57 AM
i was wondering that as well, thats why i posted a . Especially at dropping the engine. But he sounds happy and I know from personal exp the Plenum works and produces power. I would think even better on the new DFI engine

Old 11-01-2010, 08:30 AM
John McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by 996CABOVA
I see alot of Gen II cars coming on this board, I think a GROUP BUY might be in order in the near future

+1, already subscribed

Pics anyone?

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997.2 IPD Plenum Install....