Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

AM vantage floor mat options

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-12-2013, 01:06 PM
XWCGT has a spectacular aura aboutXWCGT has a spectacular aura aboutXWCGT has a spectacular aura about
AM vantage floor mat options

what do you guys have as floor mats over the stock carpeting? or do you go without them?

Old 12-12-2013, 01:14 PM
drcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond repute
I have factory mats that I got on EBAY, but they are rather pricey for a set and worth about half of what they charge for them. There is a vendor here on the forum selling leather mats to fit the car, but quite honestly a pile carpet mat or cocoa mat will allow dirt to fall through to to some degree whereas leather it all sits on top. I think any matt is worthwhile though, because replacing the carpet is not a fun or easy job.

Old 12-12-2013, 02:04 PM
DonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant future
A couple of years back I ordered a set of Lloyd Mats (lloydmats dot com) from CarID for my Vantage; at the time that vendor offered a greater color selection than other vendors (I don't know why) and I was able to source a set of "Forest Green" front mats, a color apparently no longer available. It was the closest I could find to the factory color, and I didn't want black mats. Lloyd's offers tailored mats for several Aston Martin models, now in a more limited selection of colors. At the time, the price was under $100 for a front set of mats. They fit very well for aftermarket mats and depending on which line you choose, the rug pile quality is reasonable. They are cheap enough to replace once they show appreciable wear; after 20,000 miles of service, mine still look reasonable.
However, you'll need to look elsewhere if you want embroidered mats...

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lloyds mat.JPG
Views:	313
Size:	292.3 KB
ID:	310938  
Old 12-12-2013, 03:19 PM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Old 12-12-2013, 08:35 PM
spf1410 has a spectacular aura aboutspf1410 has a spectacular aura about
I chose the Exoticare option (http://www.exoticare.ca/customfloormats.html). The mats are beautiful, and the service from Andrew was excellent.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7680.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	2.48 MB
ID:	311192  
Old 12-13-2013, 06:07 PM
jaguardriver is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by XWCGT
what do you guys have as floor mats over the stock carpeting? or do you go without them?
I called the dealer. They took my VIN to get the exact color of the carpet and I ordered a set of Factory mats. Same carpet material (wool), bound edge in Leather with a heel pad on the drivers side. There were rear lock sets to keep them from shifting and they even have a "Aston Martin" tag on them. Exact fit and don't look like aftermarket ones. Pricy though with a list of $700.

Old 12-13-2013, 06:16 PM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Except one thing....the factory ones move all over at the front since the rear locks are not sufficient. I used mine for a week and took them out. The ones from European Car Parts work better since they have nubs on the bottom which make them very secure, even without locks. And they're 35% of the cost. The factory mats look good, but they don't work good....

Old 12-14-2013, 01:30 PM
Speedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud of
I had the factory mats in my car when I took delivery (new). They looked nice and obviously matched well. But... the heel pad cracked (chunks broke off) after only about 2500 miles. I don't tend to wear things out early, and I rarely if ever drove the car with hard-soled shoes. I now have Vantage Collection mats. The carpet itself isn't as nice, and the edges aren't leather (not sure if that's available), but they're very nice and complete with matching stitching.

Old 05-19-2015, 10:35 AM
wysoseereeus is just really nicewysoseereeus is just really nicewysoseereeus is just really nicewysoseereeus is just really nice
Originally Posted by XJRS Owner
Except one thing....the factory ones move all over at the front since the rear locks are not sufficient. I used mine for a week and took them out. The ones from European Car Parts work better since they have nubs on the bottom which make them very secure, even without locks. And they're 35% of the cost. The factory mats look good, but they don't work good....
Hi XJRS,

How are your mats holding up? And do you happen to have any pics of the mats installed?

Old 05-19-2015, 10:56 AM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
I've got Lloyd mats and they're very high quality.

Old 05-19-2015, 11:11 AM
wysoseereeus is just really nicewysoseereeus is just really nicewysoseereeus is just really nicewysoseereeus is just really nice
Originally Posted by telum01
I've got Lloyd mats and they're very high quality.
Hi telum01,

Do you remember which "model" floor mat you purchased?

Are they secured in any way, or do they just sit on top of the OEM mats?

Does the driver side have the vinyl heel pad?

And, just to confirm, these do not have the logo, correct?

Thanks for the info!

Old 05-19-2015, 11:55 AM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by wysoseereeus
Hi telum01,

Do you remember which "model" floor mat you purchased?

Are they secured in any way, or do they just sit on top of the OEM mats?

Does the driver side have the vinyl heel pad?

And, just to confirm, these do not have the logo, correct?

Thanks for the info!
I believe they're the Luxe ones, but they've been in the car several years now so they may have changed them since the ones I have were made. No heel pads, no logos.

I've been using them on top of the OEM mats. They have holes in them to be fastened in place, but there's nothing in the car to use to fasten them. Lining up the top contours of the mat with the OEM one, you can see the difference. The OEM mats extend further under the seats compared to the Lloyds.

The torn sections on the OEM mat (bottom one) are where they would fasten. The OEM mats don't have reinforcement around those fastening holes, so they tear easily. The Lloyd mats have metal rings in them, but they have nothing to fasten to.

They do move a little, but not much, over time. Every once in a while I just push it back into place. That said, I've been leaving the OEM mats in place with the Lloyd mats on top of them. While taking these pics, I pulled the OEM mats out and will use only the Lloyd mats for a while and see if they stay in place better on their own (I'm assuming they will, based on how they fit with the dead pedal as well as the rubber backing of the Lloyd mats having something to grip onto, which wasn't possible with the OEM mats underneath).

Anyone that's taken pics of black know that the difference in shades is much more obvious in pics, especially with flash on. The difference here isn't nearly as obvious in person. Pic is to show fitment in of the trunk mat (fits perfectly).

Again, difference is far more obvious in pics, must less so in person:

This pic shows how dirty my car is right now.

It also shows what I mean by fitment at the dead pedal. With the OEM mat underneath, the Lloyd mat sits higher, so it can't wedge beneath the dead pedal. I took the OEM mat out, and the Lloyd mat is now under the edge of the bottom of the dead pedal, so I think it'll stay in place much better now.

I've also got 51k miles on my car. Not sure when the mats were originally put in, but they're holding up very well considering what I've put them through. The heel area doesn't look too bad in the pics, and it isn't in person, but there's some wear. Lloyd offers a lifetime warranty on the Luxe mats, dunno what all is included in that, though. The wear isn't nearly enough to give me reason to address it.

Old 05-19-2015, 12:04 PM
Originally Posted by telum01
I've also got 51k miles on my car. Not sure when the mats were originally put in, but they're holding up very well considering what I've put them through. The heel area doesn't look too bad in the pics, and it isn't in person, but there's some wear. Lloyd offers a lifetime warranty on the Luxe mats, dunno what all is included in that, though. The wear isn't nearly enough to give me reason to address it.
Thank you so much for the detailed info on your experience and the photos. It's very helpful.

Last edited by wysoseereeus; 05-19-2015 at 02:51 PM.
Old 07-16-2015, 04:55 PM
bluebarchetta is a glorious beacon of lightbluebarchetta is a glorious beacon of lightbluebarchetta is a glorious beacon of lightbluebarchetta is a glorious beacon of lightbluebarchetta is a glorious beacon of lightbluebarchetta is a glorious beacon of light
Any chance this means you can do the Aston logo mats?

Old 07-17-2015, 10:47 AM
mindscape9 is a name known to allmindscape9 is a name known to allmindscape9 is a name known to allmindscape9 is a name known to allmindscape9 is a name known to allmindscape9 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by spf1410
I chose the Exoticare option (http://www.exoticare.ca/customfloormats.html). The mats are beautiful, and the service from Andrew was excellent.
That mat looks awesome!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: AM vantage floor mat options