Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

2014 Cayenne alarm going off randomly!~!

Old 03-14-2014, 08:04 PM
kitae80325 is on a distinguished road
2014 Cayenne alarm going off randomly!~!

Pls pls help me i just got my 2014 cayenne plat edition and i love love love it but as soon as i brought it to my driveway the first time yesterday my alarm would start going off after about 5min I lock the car. Today it randomly went off after about an hour!! It's driving me crazy!!~ this is my first porsche pls help. Has it happened to anyone???~ I would bring it to service but the problem is I am going abroad for a month and this thing is going to be sitting in my garage during that time and I don't want it happen again and drain all the battery!!~~

Old 03-17-2014, 11:29 AM
kechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to behold
that's strange, do you have anything inside the car that could be moving to trigger the motion sensor alarm ?

Old 06-13-2014, 09:18 AM
ypcayenne is on a distinguished road
Unhappy

Just picked up our new 2014 Cayenne - 1 week old and endless Car alarm false alarms. Middle of the day, middle of the night. 2 clicks deactivates the motion sensor, or switch inside, come on really. Somebody starts there car next to ours, alarm goes off. Read the MACAN false alarm blogs, same problem. Dealership scheduled a warranty service appointment then phoned to cancel it. They are psychic, know what the problem is but don't have a fix for it. We were told not to bring it into the shop so as "not to waste our time". Phoned 1 800 porsche and logged my complaint. Brought it in for diagnosis anyway. Pretty good lemon laws in California. "visit #1"

Old 06-13-2014, 09:38 AM
O yes. I brought it in also about month ago was told that they just received notices from porsche that many 2014 cayenne's are affected and the whole module has to be replaced. Unfortunately, these modules are backed up as hell and in the meantime all we can rely on is switching off the sensor. It's been two months and still waiting....never had a car with alarm issues like this...and the handling of this issue by porsche...very dissapointing.

Old 06-13-2014, 05:08 PM
kechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to behold
all 2014 are affected? umm... hasn't happened to me yet, knock on wood

Old 06-13-2014, 06:31 PM
Nope not all...many they said....

Old 06-14-2014, 02:11 PM
Exclamation 2014 cayenne false alarm service

Originally Posted by kitae80325
Nope not all...many they said....
Went to porsche service even though the service writer advised not to. Porsche service wrote it up as alarm going off, diagnosed and waiting for the part. 1 click on key fob to lock the door after returning to work. Would not click a second time to deactivate motion sensor. Had to use the emergency key feature to open drivers door and return back to porsche service. Turns out, went in with a functioning remote key (2weeks old) was sent away from a 30 minute porsche service/diagnosis with a dead battery in remote. Not sure how that happens. Just sayin.

Old 06-14-2014, 08:09 PM
Originally Posted by ypcayenne
Went to porsche service even though the service writer advised not to. Porsche service wrote it up as alarm going off, diagnosed and waiting for the part. 1 click on key fob to lock the door after returning to work. Would not click a second time to deactivate motion sensor. Had to use the emergency key feature to open drivers door and return back to porsche service. Turns out, went in with a functioning remote key (2weeks old) was sent away from a 30 minute porsche service/diagnosis with a dead battery in remote. Not sure how that happens. Just sayin.
But you still have the fault alarm module and waiting to replace correct??

Old 06-15-2014, 04:06 PM
Lightbulb

Correct, not fixed. On a waiting list for parts with what appears to be quite a long list. An alternate blog mentions all 4door porsche vehicles are affected, but has not been confirmed. If so, that's worldwide 4doors, not just the US cayennes. Just by-passing the internal motion with 2 clicks on the lock button for now. I wonder if US porsche dealerships will be warning new customers taking delivery this month of the faulty parts built into their cars 2 months ago.

Old 06-15-2014, 04:18 PM
Roger that..this is sad..i cant even take a trip with this thing cuz i know the valets are not going to properly shut off the sensors..on a side note, my dealer called me if i wanted to permanently switch off the sensors til they get the new part..i said $&ck off..

Old 06-16-2014, 08:12 PM
andrewpk is on a distinguished road
You know, I've had a very similar issue happen on my 2011.

The car is in my work lot, no one is near it, and suddenly the alarm goes off.
I've had 2 different coworkers mention it to me, with no visible cause.

Just on saturday, I was sitting at home, and the alarm went off IN the garage.
Again, no one is near it, no animals. Walked out there, turned it off.

I think sometimes it just wants attention.

Old 06-16-2014, 08:28 PM
You should get it fixed surely that doesn't sound normal...i think dealer would be able to find some kinda fault codes...in any case, ours is worse..it basically goes off everytime everyday. Mine even opens the trunk byitself, has its own brain. One time my trunk was opened by itself inside the garage and i tried to open the garage from the ouside it kept getting stuck qtr way up...the metal hook of the garage door kept hitting my trunk...i still have the bruise

Old 06-18-2014, 12:00 PM
kwp1911 is just really nicekwp1911 is just really nicekwp1911 is just really nicekwp1911 is just really nice
Originally Posted by kechang
all 2014 are affected? umm... hasn't happened to me yet, knock on wood
Me either. We've only had the Platinum Edition for 3 weeks though. Fingers crossed.

Old 07-09-2014, 07:57 AM
mmdht2 will become famous soon enoughmmdht2 will become famous soon enough
any updates? are the new parts in? I picked up my 2014 base/platinum 2wks ago and was warned about the alarm going off and instructed to hit the arm button twice. the alarm goes off at random times.

Old 07-09-2014, 08:43 AM
I dropped by the dealer yesterday to disconnect sensor and now i no longer have the issues. Dealer said this was the worst ever recall/campaign from porsche and affected so many of the models and still have not figured out the solution...if u can, ask the dealer to turn off the sensors permanently...seems like thats what porsche recommended the dealer to do....my car is fine now. Infact, i think the interior sensors are pointless anyway.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2014 Cayenne alarm going off randomly!~!