Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oil service reset tool

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-26-2016, 12:08 PM
halb has a spectacular aura abouthalb has a spectacular aura abouthalb has a spectacular aura about
Oil service reset tool

Just purchased the iCarsoft POR II service reset tool. Chose it over other tools for the fact it is a hand held device with no laptop required. Instructions included were vague but the menu was easy to navigate. It worked as advertised. Has far more capabilities than just resets. Reads OBD II fault codes and more.

Old 12-05-2016, 04:15 PM
Monster ink is an unknown quantity at this point
Im actually thinking of purchasing one for my Panamera..Do you really like the iCarsoft POR ?

Old 12-06-2016, 07:33 AM
pwc6t3 is on a distinguished road
I have one, it does what it advertises. For the money it is a good tool to have even if you just use it to reset the oil service warning after you change your own oil. If you live near a dealer and use them for service then the tool isn't much use to you. It is a 5 hour round trip to the dealer for me so it is well worth the money for the iCarsoft tool.

Old 12-08-2016, 06:47 AM
I've did a OBD myself and Ive received codes P1731 and P1732..I tried looking up their actual meaning but all sites have different meaning..Porsche dealer obviously won't help unless I bring the car in so they can make $$$$$$...Do you know these codes?

Old 12-10-2016, 01:18 PM
cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Monster ink
I've did a OBD myself and Ive received codes P1731 and P1732..I tried looking up their actual meaning but all sites have different meaning..Porsche dealer obviously won't help unless I bring the car in so they can make $$$$$$...Do you know these codes?

I have a durametric which uses the laptop. I had it for my 997(09) and was lucky it also supported my Pana...
What I ve experienced about some of those codes is that they are harmless and don t mean much unless you get a dash light with it. I usually just clear whatever I can when I m in there.

Old 12-10-2016, 03:31 PM
I actually did the OBD scan due to the check engine light coming on along with the fault transmission light as well.I remember one morning I started my panamera and I was not able to reverse out of my drive due to the fault transmission light. Someone told me to let the car run while it warms up then turn it off then to start it back up and then lights were gone. Pretty weird I say as this actually worked..This has happen a few times but other then that the vehicles drive performance is excellent. Sometimes these trouble codes frighten me.lmao

Old 12-10-2016, 03:37 PM
cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Monster ink
I actually did the OBD scan due to the check engine light coming on along with the fault transmission light as well.I remember one morning I started my panamera and I was not able to reverse out of my drive due to the fault transmission light. Someone told me to let the car run while it warms up then turn it off then to start it back up and then lights were gone. Pretty weird I say as this actually worked..This has happen a few times but other then that the vehicles drive performance is excellent. Sometimes these trouble codes frighten me.lmao

wow, never heard about that reverse quirk... good to know. So nothing get repaired when that happens?? Strange. Guess it s an electronic bug.

Old 12-11-2016, 10:42 AM
DYL 911 is a name known to allDYL 911 is a name known to allDYL 911 is a name known to allDYL 911 is a name known to allDYL 911 is a name known to allDYL 911 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by cerbomark
I have a durametric which uses the laptop. I had it for my 997(09) and was lucky it also supported my Pana...
What I ve experienced about some of those codes is that they are harmless and don t mean much unless you get a dash light with it. I usually just clear whatever I can when I m in there.
Sorry for being a newb. How can I get Durametric on my laptop?

Old 12-11-2016, 01:16 PM
http://www.durametric.com/

when u buy the cable it will allow you to download the software

Old 12-24-2016, 10:08 PM
I did the OBD scan and received the codes P1731 and P1732 ..Can anyone help me with their meanings. Is there an actual website that will help give their actual meanings ? Thank you

Old 08-15-2017, 01:41 AM
negb is on a distinguished road
P1731 ... to P1734: Distance sensor information/shift rod faults (outside of validity range)

http://porsche-panamera-turbo-worldz...ssymptoms.html

Old 08-16-2017, 05:26 AM
hollynitro is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by halb
Just purchased the iCarsoft POR II service reset tool. Chose it over other tools for the fact it is a hand held device with no laptop required. Instructions included were vague but the menu was easy to navigate. It worked as advertised. Has far more capabilities than just resets. Reads OBD II fault codes and more.

how much this tool cost ?

Old 08-16-2017, 03:53 PM
9917S is an unknown quantity at this point
I have the Icarsoft POR II and really like it. There's a video about it on youtube here:

Old 08-16-2017, 09:04 PM
dougcayenne has a spectacular aura aboutdougcayenne has a spectacular aura aboutdougcayenne has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by DYL 911
Sorry for being a newb. How can I get Durametric on my laptop?
Yes, I use durametric for both of my porsche 2014 cayenne and 2016 panamera. it works GREAT so far ... need a laptop to do all diagnostic. I have basic version which can support only 3 porsche.