The mighty Tesla falls to the mightier TT

Old 11-28-2016, 07:17 PM
Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !
The mighty Tesla falls to the mightier TT

Ran across this...sorry if old news

Old 12-02-2016, 02:14 PM
Badmoon is an unknown quantity at this point
Nanook

I couldn't PM you. Does your car have stock turbos still when it went 10.10?
thanks

Old 12-02-2016, 02:16 PM
Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !
No..stage IV from Sam includes turbos

Old 12-02-2016, 07:19 PM
Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !
Have you ever seen a tesla go around a race track? Horrible handling car and couldn't even finish 1 -20 minute session at Laguna seca without running out of juice.

Old 12-02-2016, 10:00 PM
Originally Posted by Nanook
No..stage IV from Sam includes turbos

The mph is there to run 9s. How much power do you think that trans will handle? Do you think one of these is capable of trapping 150mph and still be reliable on stock drivetrain?Im new here and I love Porsches. I have a CTSV that runs 9s on spray through stock manifolds. Ive had to replace the bottom end in the V once already. The guy before me had to replace it aswell. So that is two bottom ends the car has gone through. Porches just handle abuse better than GM stuff. I love the Turbo S 2011and up. I know the $ is a huge difference but if in the future I could get into one like yours and not break **** and go faster I have been considering.. Would I be making an upgrade in your opinion that's worth it. My V is a sweet car I love it. But, Porsche really are tough cars. I'm not a lambo guy and not a fan of GTRs but a Porsche would be unique? Thanks for any input you could give me. I don't know why I cant PM ya. All others are welcome to chime in to my questions

Old 12-03-2016, 07:01 AM
GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !
I find it funny that folks would even compare the two. Totally different. Who cares that a Tesla can beat a stock P car and you have to have a heavily modded P car to even beat the Tesla in a straight line. The car can do nothing compared to the P car. The car is done after a few runs, needs to be charged. Can't go around a track. Its really like comparing apples to oranges. The Tesla is a hell a fast grocery getter from red light to red light. If you havent driven one, do. The torque and electric engine will seriously make you feel as if you were on a roller coaster, instantaneous.

Old 12-03-2016, 08:37 AM
I PM'd you then possibly you can reply.

The car is awesome..one must not over look the all wheel drive feature and as a street car (not my daily driver but could be) it will tromp pretty much anything out there on the street if that's your thing while providing a very comfortable high end ride and can even perform well as a winter driver. I also have a GM (ZR1) and the P car cost shows in the quality...the new Caddies are much better but have a ways to go to get to the P car level of fit and finish..my car is now parked for this season but next I'm going to install meth and get those 9's

Old 12-03-2016, 11:26 AM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Badmoon
The mph is there to run 9s. How much power do you think that trans will handle? Do you think one of these is capable of trapping 150mph and still be reliable on stock drivetrain? Thanks for any input you could give me. I don't know why I cant PM ya. All others are welcome to chime in to my questions
Trans: will handle a LOT as proven by Sam and others.
Trap: Yes - 160+mph and drive perfect, like a Porsche does. There are some STRONG 991s our there that are 100% reliable and have fantastic drive-ability.

Tough to compare a GM product to a Porsche. Go drive a couple.

Old 12-03-2016, 04:23 PM
Originally Posted by XLR82XS
Trans: will handle a LOT as proven by Sam and others.
Trap: Yes - 160+mph and drive perfect, like a Porsche does. There are some STRONG 991s our there that are 100% reliable and have fantastic drive-ability.

Tough to compare a GM product to a Porsche. Go drive a couple.

I have driven an 04TT 6speed car and it was stock and a blast... Ive had lots of fast cars. The Porsche was just fun to drive and felt like it could handle anything.

Old 12-04-2016, 10:50 AM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
If you like that 04 turbo - drive a newer one. :-)

Old 12-04-2016, 07:51 PM
ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by XLR82XS
If you like that 04 turbo - drive a newer one. :-)

Or don't if you have the money, because then you'll need to have one!

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.