996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Little fun turned out to be a disaster

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-03-2016, 10:21 PM
ejaahm is on a distinguished road
Little fun turned out to be a disaster

It was a beautiful rainy day in Souther California after a long time. Took my 996TT out for a little fun, spinning, pitch and catch. But ended up hitting the curbside what I would say a soft hit. Unfortunately, one of the real wheel got damaged, feeling really down and depressed and regretting my decision . Any one has a wheel part nr 99636314203 to help me out of this misery? Thanks.

Old 12-03-2016, 11:01 PM
leftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond repute
Bummer - soft hit? Good luck.....

Old 12-04-2016, 02:38 AM
Sveach756 is on a distinguished road
Eek! Im sorry, I have a full set fs on here cheap if that helps.
Shawn

Old 12-04-2016, 08:17 AM
VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !
Lol...

Old 12-04-2016, 09:15 AM
Mit_Boost has a brilliant futureMit_Boost has a brilliant futureMit_Boost has a brilliant futureMit_Boost has a brilliant futureMit_Boost has a brilliant futureMit_Boost has a brilliant futureMit_Boost has a brilliant futureMit_Boost has a brilliant futureMit_Boost has a brilliant futureMit_Boost has a brilliant futureMit_Boost has a brilliant future
Better hope the wheel is the only damage you have

Old 12-04-2016, 09:45 AM
Third-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond repute
That should buff out

Old 12-04-2016, 09:48 AM
ronglos is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Third-Reef
That should buff out
Look again.

Old 12-04-2016, 09:49 AM
SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Mit_Boost
Better hope the wheel is the only damage you have
This.

Id be in there checking out suspension components as well...

Old 12-04-2016, 10:24 AM
smit2100 will become famous soon enoughsmit2100 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Third-Reef
That should buff out

You looking at the same post / photo's as me, or did you hit the send button too early and leave of the ha ha from you post and a bit too lazy to edit it. Surely that rims destined for the scrap metal recyclers at best compared to picking up a second hand rim or set.

Old 12-04-2016, 10:28 AM
VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ejaahm
It was a beautiful rainy day in Souther California after a long time. Took my 996TT out for a little fun, spinning, pitch and catch. But ended up hitting the curbside what I would say a soft hit. Unfortunately, one of the real wheel got damaged, feeling really down and depressed and regretting my decision . Any one has a wheel part nr 99636314203 to help me out of this misery? Thanks.

Sorry for this. I would check for bent control arms and change the wheel bearing. The are not long for this world after a hit like this.

Not to come across as preachy or parental, but rainy slick roads are not optimum or forgiving for any significant amounts of jackassery. Glad you are okay.

Old 12-04-2016, 11:42 AM
VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !
I can't believe someone could even lose control of this car in the rain. driver mod level 10

Old 12-04-2016, 12:02 PM
racer959 will become famous soon enoughracer959 will become famous soon enough
Go to E-Bay and find a rim, not hard.

Old 12-04-2016, 02:59 PM
stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by VGLNTE1
I can't believe someone could even lose control of this car in the rain. driver mod level 10
Seriously?

Old 12-04-2016, 04:58 PM
ejaahm is on a distinguished road
Thanks for all the comments/advice.
I was having little fun in a small cud-de-sac, spinning the car. The rear end just slid out. Instead of breaking I tried to accelerate forward but there was no grip from the tires on the wet surface and I was too close to the curbside. Lesson learned, the cul-de-sac was not the right place for such activities.
Yes, I shall look for a wheel on Ebay.
No indication of suspension damage, the car is running fine, stable at 90+mph (on a separate set of wheels). I shall have a mechanic check out the suspension system.

Old 12-04-2016, 05:42 PM
leftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by smit2100
You looking at the same post / photo's as me, or did you hit the send button too early and leave of the ha ha from you post and a bit too lazy to edit it. Surely that rims destined for the scrap metal recyclers at best compared to picking up a second hand rim or set.
I see you might be unfamiliar with the concept of sarcasm.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.