Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Location (State):

FS: Rare RUF Modified Airbox for 996 & 997.1 cars - all NA engines

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-09-2016, 01:54 PM
Petza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond repute
FS: Rare RUF Modified Airbox for 996 & 997.1 cars - all NA engines

Category: Engine - Intake/Fuel
Price: $425
Private or Vendor Listing: Private Listing
Part fits: Porsche 911 997 Non-Turbo, Porsche 911 996 Non-Turbo
Location (State): SC
Item Condition: Used
Shipping Information: Item can be shipped

I purchased a second complete RUF R-Kompressor kit like that installed on my 997.1 C2S in order to have a rebuilt spare supercharger assembly and the other parts in the event that a component of mine became damaged or I needed to have the supercharger rebuilt and didn't want to take the car off the road while that was taking place.

Anyway, the kit came with a RUF Modified Airbox for a 3.8L 997.1, but it will also fit 996 cars and 3,6 models of 997.1 cars. I don't need it as I have the one from my kit and am running a Fabspeed due to my converting to an active aero rear wing as well. Having only seen a stock airbox from one of these cars for a very brief period before installing the EVOMS intake onto my wife's as part of her TT decklid conversion, I don't know exactly what changes have been made to this one, other than the obvious Heimholz resonator chamber being blocked off by the silver plug, but maybe you can tell from the photos.

Also, when the supercharger kit is installed, there is not space for the standard oil filler neck so RUF covers this section with a nice RUF logo'd metal plate and uses the shorter, fixed mount filler neck from the 997.2 generation cars, so you would have to make that change as well in order to use this airbox on you 997.1 or drill the plate to mount the oil filler neck clip.

The RUF logo plate has the clear topcoat worn off above the logo, as you can see in the pics, but is otherwise in excellent condition. I even went as far as to run it through a cycle in my heated, ultrasonic parts washer, so it is super clean and ready to install. Does not include the air filter element.

Let me know if you have any questions. Price does not include shipping or PayPal fees.

Old 12-09-2016, 11:02 PM
B8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond repute
No fair, you can't have two RUF kits! You need to let them run free in the wild.

Old 12-10-2016, 03:02 AM
White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !
Bump for great seller!

Old 12-10-2016, 09:13 AM
Petza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by B8_RDC
No fair, you can't have two RUF kits! You need to let them run free in the wild.
I'm on my way to cornering the US market for these

If you've ever tried to have something RUF repaired by them in Germany, you'd understand why I have 2. The superchargers need to be rebuilt every 50,000-75,000 miles and it would likely be a 4-6 month process. Found this second one at a decent price, snatched it up and sent the complete supercharger assembly off to Germany. Now I have it back with new bearings, seals, impeller, etc and it's ready for a push / pull if the one currently installed in the car needs renewing in the next few years. Plus, RUF no longer makes this setup so things like the intake manifolds, pulley cage, tensioner, etc would be virtually impossible to find, should I ever need one, so I won't be letting this one go unless something happen so to the car itself, God forbid.

Thanks for the props White Rock.

Old 12-13-2016, 07:19 AM
Forgot to mention that it also includes the intake boot to connect the airbox to the throttle body / plenum

Old 12-22-2016, 10:19 PM
Airbox is Sold

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.