Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

seller just sold 997tt out from under me

Old 02-22-2017, 07:57 PM
YZWILLY is a jewel in the roughYZWILLY is a jewel in the roughYZWILLY is a jewel in the rough
seller just sold 997tt out from under me

Year: 2008
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Price: $75000
Mileage: 30000
Color: all
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): PA
Transmission: Manual
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive

long story went to see car twice and offered to put deposit down seller said no problem just wire me a deposit, sent text for wiring and routing info, then sent email no response then finally called and he told me he sold it for $6000 more than he was selling to me. i said a couple of choice words challenged his character and lack of integrity and beat the s... out of him, no just kidding about the last part.

So I am back looking for a 07-09 997tt 6 speed 30,000 max, cab or coupe, price somewhat flexible. I know there are several of us looking for the same car, but I am located in PA. thanks

Old 02-22-2017, 08:31 PM
arjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond repute
was the seller a 6speeder?

Old 02-22-2017, 09:04 PM
997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !
have you seen these 3? With 35 cars available nationwide, you gotta be flexible with shipping or travel

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/inventorylisting/viewDetailsFilterViewInventoryListing.action?shopp erListingsSearch=21269394#listing=148008704

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/inventorylisting/viewDetailsFilterViewInventoryListing.action?shopp erListingsSearch=21269394#listing=160868449

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/inventorylisting/viewDetailsFilterViewInventoryListing.action?shopp erListingsSearch=21269394#listing=167388491

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 02-23-2017 at 12:06 PM.
Old 02-23-2017, 04:47 AM
YZWILLY is a jewel in the roughYZWILLY is a jewel in the roughYZWILLY is a jewel in the rough
sweller was not a 6 speeder. Time to start my nationwide search again. If you own one enjoy it

Old 02-23-2017, 06:28 AM
danny_k is an unknown quantity at this point
Some dick just did the same thing to me with a 996TT.
We had a deal, I offered deposit but he "doesn't use paypal". Had a shop confirmed for PPI for nearly a week. I confirmed with seller a couple times date and time of PPI. He then no shows day off, wasting my time and the shops time. He emails me late that afternoon saying he sold the car (for 900 bucks more).

Some sellers should just trade their cars in instead of wasting everyones time. My seller was not on 6spd, as far as I know.

Good luck on your search man!

Old 02-23-2017, 10:14 AM
socialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to all
That's the worst!

I had sellers remorse on last Audi that I sold and thought about backing out of the sale - but I would NEVER want to be stuck on the other end of that so went through with it and made one new owner VERY happy.

Hope you find what you want. If it didn't happen with the last one - it was probably not meant to be.

Old 02-23-2017, 11:02 AM
Premium Dealer
OvertonAutomotive is an unknown quantity at this point
I hate that for you. We do location services and since you are a 6speed member and I hate to see this happen, I'd like to offer a location service for this car free of charge. Send me an email. Jon@OvertonAutomotive.com and I'll see if I can't locate one of these for you quickly.

SALES - CONSIGNMENT – LOCATOR SERVICES

Consignment Rate Special for all 6-Speed Members
You keep your car with you.

Phone: 865-850-9199

jon@overtonautomotive.com

Follow us on https://www.instagram.com/overtonautomotivebrokers/ and https://twitter.com/OvertonAutosAudi | BMW | Ferrari | Lamborghini | Nissan | Porsche
Old 02-23-2017, 12:05 PM
Myclue is a jewel in the roughMyclue is a jewel in the roughMyclue is a jewel in the roughMyclue is a jewel in the rough
Sorry to hear, but $6,000 difference is a whole lot of money.

Old 02-23-2017, 12:25 PM
flsupraguy will become famous soon enough
$6000 or not your word is your word. I had a 6speeder here just do the same to me.... some people have no integrity.

Old 02-23-2017, 01:35 PM
flsupraguy will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by AC/911's
Most of the time it's just an "offer" from some ''monkey dick dealer or ****** bag, This to me is a somewhat rare case that they actually got paid More, Unless you have it well under market, Then the responses are crazy & different scenario IMO.
I gave the seller his ASKING PRICE, then he turns around and says he cant sell it to me because he feels he listed it too low....

Well dumbass, its not my fault after you list the car that you now change the price.

Same mindset will lead to a unsuccessful business owner.

Old 02-23-2017, 01:47 PM
997TTEQNY has a brilliant future997TTEQNY has a brilliant future997TTEQNY has a brilliant future997TTEQNY has a brilliant future997TTEQNY has a brilliant future997TTEQNY has a brilliant future997TTEQNY has a brilliant future997TTEQNY has a brilliant future997TTEQNY has a brilliant future997TTEQNY has a brilliant future997TTEQNY has a brilliant future
Lots of stupidity among so many sellers these days.

I found mine through Auto-Trader.

The transaction started via Pay-Pal but I ended up sending a wire due to the fee Pay-Pal charges.

The seller was in Colorado, and I was in New York. Bought it sight unseen, but the deal took about 6 weeks to culminate as the guy was retiring and relocating and car was not with him,

In the end, I got a great car and friend.

Hang in there.. the 07-09 nice 6 speed cars are out there but they seem to be in demand.

Old 02-23-2017, 04:01 PM
TAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond repute
That's tough and sucks to be in those shoes. I have been there, but I have a very simple philosophy and it has always worked. If the deal does not happen for ANY reason, regardless of what it is, it is simply not meant to be.

On the other hand, I have also been on the other side of the coin. I had a buyer said they would buy the car and ended up putting a deposit...then they would come up with excuses why they could not pick up the car week after week and eventually made up some BS story about why they could not buy the car - so I would have to give them their money back (even though I didn't have to) just to be at peace with myself.

If you are going to buy a car - just buy it and drive away. No deposit, no "here, hold it until I get there"...just get there, pay for it, drive it back...and be done.

Old 02-23-2017, 07:51 PM
henryr will become famous soon enoughhenryr will become famous soon enough
^^^ all true but a little more difficult with $$$$ cars.

i can't count the numbers of times i have had stuff sold from wheels to cars only to never hear back

insist on a deposit and BOS.

Old 02-24-2017, 05:09 AM
JoeT is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by TAILWAG

If you are going to buy a car - just buy it and drive away. No deposit, no "here, hold it until I get there"...just get there, pay for it, drive it back...and be done.

I typically agree, but I'm not meeting any stranger with $75,000 in cash in my pocket... and likewise I'm not taking a personal check for $75,000 from a stranger

Old 02-24-2017, 08:04 AM
TAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JoeT
I typically agree, but I'm not meeting any stranger with $75,000 in cash in my pocket... and likewise I'm not taking a personal check for $75,000 from a stranger
Well, yes, that would be a little extreme, but I would imagine there would have been a couple of communications at the very least to establish somewhat of a comfort level for both parties.

I had someone that wanted to buy a Viper from me once - he came with a cashiers' check from BOA. We drove to the bank, I wanted to trade it for another cashier's check or a money order so that I could take it to my bank. It was a mess - they had to call another manager and another manager from another location. The whole thing took almost 2 hours - ridiculous.

Out of curiosity I asked them what if I wanted to cash the check...they laughed and said most likely they would have had to bring cash from two other locations because they didn't keep that much in that location.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.