Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

DB9 software update anyone heard of this for shudder

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-28-2017, 11:50 AM
corveight is on a distinguished road
DB9 software update anyone heard of this for shudder

Saw this on PH and I've had this problem. I replaced coils, plugs and injectors and still have it.

Drivetrain software updates done (2005 DB9: Symptom: With 'Drive' engaged, foot on brake and car stopped (like while stuck in traffic) there is a periodic and fairly frequent shudder that I feel, much like a rough idle. But there's also a bit of noise that accompanies it that seems to come from somewhere below the car, possibly in the area of the torque tube or driveshaft. Shifting to 'Neutral' alleviates the problem leading me to believe it's not an engine misfire or idle problem. I believe the symptoms are the same while stopped with 'Reverse' engaged.)

Old 03-01-2017, 10:37 AM
yvr
yvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud of
Did you do the misfire correction learn after replacing the coils?

After I had my coils replaced I still had misfire issues. Turned out that one of the new coils was flaky.

Old 03-02-2017, 04:46 AM
corveight is on a distinguished road
I did and it still exists. Might be a trip to the dealer to see what cylinder(s) are misfiring.

Old 03-02-2017, 03:13 PM
randyb will become famous soon enoughrandyb will become famous soon enough
You can find out the misfire if you have an obdii reader that can read the AM codes, that is how I found my issue

Old 04-11-2017, 03:35 AM
Darknight007316 is an unknown quantity at this point
Did you ever get the problem solved? My 05 db9 is exhibiting the same symptoms. Thanks!

Old 04-11-2017, 08:42 AM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
if its not happening in neutral its likely something to do with the transmission

Old 04-13-2017, 11:53 AM
Aston502 will become famous soon enough
Clutch learn

Search clutch learn procedure if you've never done this. I'm assuming you have a paddle shift car.

Old 04-13-2017, 01:55 PM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Aston502
Search clutch learn procedure if you've never done this. I'm assuming you have a paddle shift car.

OP has a DB9 with a ZF 6-speed auto. Yes it has paddles but it's not related to what you think as far as a clutch learn.

Old 04-13-2017, 07:36 PM
randyb will become famous soon enoughrandyb will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by J doubleU

OP has a DB9 with a ZF 6-speed auto. Yes it has paddles but it's not related to what you think as far as a clutch learn.
There is a learn procedure for auto DB9's, but that is for better shifting.

Get a good code reader, first time I had a shutter I did the misfire correction and the shutter was gone.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.