997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

BC Racing Coilovers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-13-2017, 01:52 PM
gonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond repute
BC Racing Coilovers

Anyone familiar with BC Racing Coil Overs and any issues?

Old 03-13-2017, 02:41 PM
killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !
i've spent the past week researching a few lower tier coilovers like BC racing, GSP, and k-sport. most negative reviews come from people that have never used those brands but just say "you get what you pay for" or "get bilsteins". from the people i've talked to that have used those brands, i usually get favorable reviews from them. if you're looking for something that will be good for street driving, go with BC or something similar. if you track your car, it might be worth it to get bilstein or ohlins.

another option i was looking into are bilstein b12's which use bilsteins sport shocks with eibach springs. they're not height adjustable, so you cant go super low, but they'll be low maintenance and you dont have a bunch of things to adjust.

good luck and tell us what you go with.

Old 03-13-2017, 03:13 PM
gonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks, killa

Old 03-13-2017, 09:34 PM
german88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Installed BC Racing BR series on my 06 Carrera over the winter. Have 300 miles testing so far and they are outstanding! Ride quality is perfect for street and much improved over the OE shocks they replaced. No harshness. BC nailed the spring rates and valving for a great balance on street driven cars. Much less body roll and handling is night and day.

My OE shocks had blown out the bump stops but had yet to leak any fluid. Both compression and rebound were compromised somewhat from new.

Old 03-13-2017, 09:36 PM
Here's a pic of mine post BC install. Very happy with current ride height.

Old 03-13-2017, 09:45 PM
Couple pics after install. Started with 15 clicks from full soft front and rear. Ended up at 12 front and 15 Rear. Also installed rear adjustable toe links for proper alignment specs. Installing front bump steer toe links this weekend.

Old 03-13-2017, 09:51 PM
Great information, and thanks. I called my independent Porsche shop and he didn't like the BC setup, but some information I have is they're pretty good. My only other experience with C/O was with my E46 M3 and I ran KWv2, and on my prior 911 it was with H&R, but the rears were not monotube. The setup in the mid-range of cost is the H&R street C/O for slightly over $2k, but the BC setup intrigues me.

I'm sure my independent Porsche shop will install what I want, just curious on the downside.

Thanks for your input.

Old 03-14-2017, 07:16 AM
SCT997 is an unknown quantity at this point
They are great coilovers, We have used them on tons of different cars. Literally have had ZERO complaints

Old 03-14-2017, 08:34 AM
Would be nice to know if your indy has installed and tested them. I spent the last 15 years heavily involved in off road motorcycle racing. Built my own vacuum bleeder to service shocks for my local riding community. I've serviced/re valved 100's of shocks and can say without question the BC's are a great value and huge upgrade to the OE Bilstein's that came off my car in every facet.

I have no experience with the H&R street or Ohlins Road & Track. My car is street driven and I wanted to lower the ride height on coil overs without breaking the bank. Not a fan of lowering springs as means to lowering. Was fully prepared not to like the BC's and would have no doubt popped for the Ohlins R&T or H&R had they not exceeded my expectations.

I had a sizable rebate credit from the company I recently purchased a new set of wheels from. They only carried the BC's so I decided to take the plunge since my cost was under $500 after credit. Was a bit of an experiment but worked out in my case...

Originally Posted by gonz996
Great information, and thanks. I called my independent Porsche shop and he didn't like the BC setup, but some information I have is they're pretty good. My only other experience with C/O was with my E46 M3 and I ran KWv2, and on my prior 911 it was with H&R, but the rears were not monotube. The setup in the mid-range of cost is the H&R street C/O for slightly over $2k, but the BC setup intrigues me.

I'm sure my independent Porsche shop will install what I want, just curious on the downside.

Thanks for your input.

Old 03-14-2017, 02:44 PM
I further researched and they look great. I called BC Racing and they took a message regarding the coil overs work with PSM? On their website it doesn't differentiate it, and I noted for the Cayanne it does. Anyone know?

I want to order the setup.

Old 03-14-2017, 03:01 PM
My car is a base model without PASM so not sure.

Talk to "Sam" in the Tech Department. He did all the testing and setup on the Black 997 Turbo car they highlighted on their website. Very forthcoming and helpful with me as I was doing my research.

I turned a guy onto BC's over at Rennlist who might have PASM and will be doing his install any day now. I can check with him and get back to you...

I further researched and they look great. I called BC Racing and they took a message regarding the coil overs work with PSM? On their website it doesn't differentiate it, and I noted for the Cayanne it does. Anyone know?

Old 03-14-2017, 03:05 PM
Sorry, I realized after I responded you said PSM and not PASM...

PSM works fine with no issues.

Old 03-14-2017, 04:04 PM
Thanks for your help. I believe PSM and PASM are esentially one in the same - no?

Old 03-14-2017, 05:49 PM
Very different...

PASM: Porsche Active Suspension Management.
PSM: Porsche Stability Management.

PASM Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM). This electronic damping control system continuously adjusts the damping force on each wheel, based on current road conditions and driving style. Equals ride height adjustment and compression/rebound damping via the dash button.

PSM: Stability Management (PSM) is fitted as standard. This system automatically maintains stability and traction even at the limits of dynamic driving performance. Sensors continuously monitor the direction, speed, yaw velocity and lateral acceleration of the car.

Old 03-14-2017, 05:50 PM
Very good to know, and thanks. I had been informed both serve the same purpose. I appreciate the information!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 4.00 average.