2013 4s Plug change myself

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-18-2017, 10:24 PM
eldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to behold
2013 4s Plug change myself

Did the plugs myself
Cake!
And I'm a novice

Old 03-18-2017, 10:26 PM
eldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to behold
And took off the rear bumper for air filter change
Cake!

Old 03-19-2017, 02:50 AM
PorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond repute
Awesome to hear that a "novice" can do these things. I plan to do the exact same thing when the time comes and I am novice too!

Old 03-20-2017, 05:32 AM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
Ditto (not really a novice, but old)

ChuckJ

Old 03-20-2017, 07:52 AM
dux
dux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond repute
Good for you.
Aside from the obvious money you saved, it's quite rewarding.
Where did you get your parts?

Old 03-20-2017, 08:14 AM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
Suncoast, Dux. I also bought an iCarSoft Porsche i960 II ($160) to set services at Amazon. I used to do everything (including engine and clutch repairs) until 10 years ago when I starting buying modern ones that had a warranty and you're right it was enjoyable and money saving. I even chemically stripped a '67 to bare metal and had it painted with lacquer in 1978. I had all the aluminum re-anodized, put a new clutch in it and new carpet. It was beautiful and I sold it to the first person that looked at it for slightly more than the car cost new (four times what I paid for it with the bad clutch and faded paint). Now I wish I had kept it as I also had a '72, but I was in the Army and that just wasn't in the cards.

ChuckJ

Last edited by ChuckJ; 03-20-2017 at 08:20 AM.
Old 03-20-2017, 04:02 PM
Originally Posted by dux
Good for you.
Aside from the obvious money you saved, it's quite rewarding.
Where did you get your parts?
Suncoast

Old 03-20-2017, 04:25 PM
Has anyone used Iridium XP spark plugs? Results?

ChuckJ

Old 03-20-2017, 08:05 PM
Front bumper next, clean out the radiators etc...

Old 03-21-2017, 04:02 AM
PorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond repute
Can anyone justify the difference in price for exactly the same item plugs, only difference being one is labeled OEM? Below is a copy and paste from Pelican.

Also, note that Suncoast wants about $100 for a set of plugs

Replacement Parts and Accessories: [hide]

Spark Plug - Bosch FGR-5-NQE-04
(1 customer review)
Part #: 999-170-151-90-M14
[ More Info ]

View in Catalog: Ignition Tune-Up
This part fits your 2015 Porsche 911 Coupe

Brand Rating
$6.50

Spark Plug - Bosch FGR-5-NQE-04
Part #: 999-170-151-90-OEM
[ More Info ]

View in Catalog: Ignition Tune-Up
This part fits your 2015 Porsche 911 Coupe

Brand Rating
$20.50

Old 03-21-2017, 07:32 AM
Yep, I've been looking at the same thing.

ChuckJ

Old 03-21-2017, 11:55 AM
Basic Sponsor
PelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond repute
http://www.pelicanparts.com/cgi-bin/...170-151-90-M14

999-170-151-90-OEM comes straight from the Porsche dealership and are parts that are acquired directly from the factory - come delivered in a Porsche box.
999-170-151-90-M14 comes from one of our distributors that sells OEM parts.

Lots of detail on it here: http://www.pelicanparts.com/support/OEM_FAQ.htm

Let me know if you have any questions.

888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST
Old 03-21-2017, 01:06 PM
Is the Bosch FGR5NQE04 plug the OEM plug? What's the Iridium XP spark plug of the same size, heat range?

ChuckJ

Old 03-21-2017, 07:58 PM
Originally Posted by ChuckJ
Is the Bosch FGR5NQE04 plug the OEM plug? What's the Iridium XP spark plug of the same size, heat range?

ChuckJ
FGR5NQE04...are the ones I removed, and they were in since new.
46k miles, and looked Great, dry, not Black etc...

Old 03-22-2017, 07:31 AM
Thanks, Eldertec. Maybe I should wait a little longer if they were that good. I only have 22K on the car right now. I'm about to change the oil and air filters and I just thought I would do it at the same time.

ChuckJ

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.