Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Bought my dream DB9

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-21-2017, 06:50 PM
DB9
DB9 is an unknown quantity at this point
Bought my dream DB9

I'm finally a happy and proud owner of a 2010 DB9. Tungsten Silver with Obsidian Black interior. It's the culmination of years of dreaming, learning/reading, and endless searching to find the right DB9.

It's exhilarating to drive, a pleasure to look at, and fun to clean/detail.

Thank you to everyone on this forum for all of the information and help you've provided. A special thank you to everyone who replied to my posts or sent me PMs. I learned more from this forum and it's members than any other source.

A few pictures at the dealer immediately after purchase:

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	204.0 KB
ID:	472407   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	192.5 KB
ID:	472408   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	238.9 KB
ID:	472409  

Last edited by DB9; 04-02-2017 at 08:31 AM.
Old 03-21-2017, 07:15 PM
supraholic will become famous soon enoughsupraholic will become famous soon enough
Congrats! Beautiful car...I love the way the red calipers 'pop' with the tungsten paint. Enjoy your new ride!

Old 03-21-2017, 07:27 PM
Gene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond repute
Very nice. I was also interested in that car. Medhi sent me a walk around video. He did the same a few years ago when I bought a Bentley from them. In the end I bought a V8 Vantage with a manual. I hope you enjoy your new toy. It is beautiful.

Old 03-21-2017, 07:58 PM
W126C will become famous soon enough
Love the wheels and of course the car, congrats.

Regards,

Old 03-22-2017, 02:36 AM
Graze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to all
Great looking car, enjoy

Graze

Old 03-22-2017, 06:04 AM
GCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond repute
Sharp!

Old 03-22-2017, 07:23 AM
Banned
Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !
Beautiful, congrats!!

Old 03-22-2017, 09:08 AM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
Great car---- where in NC. If in CLT or close GMP performance did work on my DB9 and are stellar to work with. I had them put the VAP lowering springs on the car and fix my lug nut issue.

1. Advice---- VAP lowering springs, I haven't run into any issues with clearance, and will make the car look so much better and ride is actually better.

2. Spacers to get those Vantage S wheels flush---- 10mm in front for mine, but it could go further likely to the recommended 15mm. For the rear, a 10-15mm likely would be perfect. Normally its 20mm for the rear but since you wheels are 10in wide with a 59+ offset it would stick to 15mm max

Those are the cheapest upgrades which only make the car look even better and do not affect the ride or anything mechanical.

Sound----- Either go with he Decat pipes from VAP, Larini etc.... or go with 200 cell pipes. I went Decat, and the sound is definitely much better, controllable by your right foot, and freed up a few HP. You can even install them yourself if you like.

Just some easy things to do, to make it so much better without lets say Modifying it. Your just tweaking OEM to make it better.

Anyway, congrats on the car!!!!!!

Old 03-22-2017, 09:34 AM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
never seen Vantage wheels on a DB9 before, looks good!

Old 03-22-2017, 10:30 AM
Site Sponsor
GMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SheriffDep
Great car---- where in NC. If in CLT or close GMP performance did work on my DB9 and are stellar to work with. I had them put the VAP lowering springs on the car and fix my lug nut issue.

1. Advice---- VAP lowering springs, I haven't run into any issues with clearance, and will make the car look so much better and ride is actually better.

2. Spacers to get those Vantage S wheels flush---- 10mm in front for mine, but it could go further likely to the recommended 15mm. For the rear, a 10-15mm likely would be perfect. Normally its 20mm for the rear but since you wheels are 10in wide with a 59+ offset it would stick to 15mm max

Those are the cheapest upgrades which only make the car look even better and do not affect the ride or anything mechanical.

Sound----- Either go with he Decat pipes from VAP, Larini etc.... or go with 200 cell pipes. I went Decat, and the sound is definitely much better, controllable by your right foot, and freed up a few HP. You can even install them yourself if you like.

Just some easy things to do, to make it so much better without lets say Modifying it. Your just tweaking OEM to make it better.

Anyway, congrats on the car!!!!!!
Thank you sir!! We really appreciate the kind words. We are glad to assist with any questions/upgrades for all Aston Martin models!

Old 03-22-2017, 08:00 PM
07sportspack will become famous soon enough
Welcome....every drive is an experience. Enjoy !!

Old 03-22-2017, 08:13 PM
alextse88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Absolutely gorgeous enjoy!

Old 03-23-2017, 07:59 AM
speedracer800 is a jewel in the roughspeedracer800 is a jewel in the roughspeedracer800 is a jewel in the rough
Awesome car! Congrats!

Old 03-23-2017, 12:45 PM
Zettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of light
She is an absolute dream car! Congrats!!!

Old 03-23-2017, 04:40 PM
DB9
DB9 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks everyone!

Last edited by DB9; 03-24-2017 at 09:02 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.