Made a Childhood Dream into Reality...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-23-2017, 11:39 PM
Fkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant future
Made a Childhood Dream into Reality...

I have a June allocation for a 2018 build.
  • Jet Black Metallic
  • Black/Bordeaux Interior
  • Porsche Logo and Model painted exterior color
  • Tinted taillights
  • Sunroof with glass
  • ACC
  • Adaptive Sports Seat
  • Heated and Ventilated Seats
  • Smoking Package
  • All Dials in Guards Red
  • Carbon fiber interior package
  • Multifunction steering wheel in carbon fiber
  • Burmester

The wait is going to be agonizing and I will have a decision to make on moving forward and speccing out a GT3.2. I drove a friends 991 GT3 .1 last weekend and I know most will say its a more visceral 991 but I don't know if it's the 991 for me. I just felt like I needed to be in the higher RPM's to get the any kind of oomph out of the engine and the ride was punishing. At least to me anyway. Went to the dealership and test drove a 991 Turbo and was in love. Felt like it was a good balance of power and comfort from a sports car for my usage.

Anyways, now I will stalk the parts classified on hopes to find someone selling a set of HRE p101's for my turbo!!

Old 03-24-2017, 05:30 AM
number 3 is a splendid one to beholdnumber 3 is a splendid one to beholdnumber 3 is a splendid one to beholdnumber 3 is a splendid one to beholdnumber 3 is a splendid one to beholdnumber 3 is a splendid one to behold
Excellent build. Few suggestions:
Jet Black Metallic -INCREDIBLE, YOU WILL LOVE IT!
Porsche Logo and Model painted exterior color - WILL BE LOST, YOU CAN ALWAYS CHANGE OR DELETE LATER.
Tinted taillights - BOTH FRONT AND REAR.
Sunroof with glass
ACC
Adaptive Sports Seat
Heated and Ventilated Seats
Smoking Package
All Dials in Guards Red
Carbon fiber interior package CARBON FIBER IS STANDARD, DON'T NEED MORE.
Multifunction steering wheel in carbon fiber
Burmester LOVE IT
Black/Bordeaux Interior -CONSIDER Natural Leather Espresso/Cognac Interior - CLASSIER.
Tinted taillights BOTH FRONT AND REAR
Sunroof with glass
ACC
Adaptive Sports Seat
Smoking Package
CONSIDER AEROKIT - BIG APPEARANCE UPGRADE
All Dials in Guards Red
Carbon fiber interior package
Burmester

Last edited by number 3; 03-24-2017 at 05:44 AM.
Old 03-24-2017, 06:05 AM
Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !
Should be a peach...

Old 03-24-2017, 06:15 AM
Fkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by number 3
Excellent build. Few suggestions:
Jet Black Metallic -INCREDIBLE, YOU WILL LOVE IT!
Porsche Logo and Model painted exterior color - WILL BE LOST, YOU CAN ALWAYS CHANGE OR DELETE LATER.
Tinted taillights - BOTH FRONT AND REAR.
Sunroof with glass
ACC
Adaptive Sports Seat
Smoking Package
All Dials in Guards Red
Carbon fiber interior package CARBON FIBER IS STANDARD, DON'T NEED MORE.
Burmester LOVE IT
Black/Bordeaux Interior -CONSIDER Natural Leather Espresso/Cognac Interior - CLASSIER.
Tinted taillights BOTH FRONT AND REAR
Sunroof with glass
ACC
Adaptive Sports Seat
Smoking Package
CONSIDER AEROKIT - BIG APPEARANCE UPGRADE
All Dials in Guards Red
Carbon fiber interior package
Burmester
Thanks for the suggestions.

I wanted the logo to get lost. It looks too busy to me and I usually either model delete or black out my letters.

The carbon is only standard in the Turbo S and not the Turbo.

All my cars have red interior currently and to me there is no other option unless I was going to go black interior with deviated red cross stitching.

I decided against the aero kit. This was one of the things I was on the fence about but it would absolutely wreck me when freeway debris hits it and scuffs it up. I really wanted to do the aero kit in black. But I considered my commute and that my cars get driven over 30K per year. My Cayenne Turbo is approaching 100K in mileage and my M5 has 30K highway miles on it. So the chances of something hitting it on accident is high.

Old 03-24-2017, 09:44 AM
number 3 is a splendid one to beholdnumber 3 is a splendid one to beholdnumber 3 is a splendid one to beholdnumber 3 is a splendid one to beholdnumber 3 is a splendid one to beholdnumber 3 is a splendid one to behold
Sounds like you have it under control.

Jet Black awesome. When the sun's out (rarely in Boston) it really sparkles.

The rear logos too much. I popped off the PORSCHE top line and will probably do same with rest of it. I have a 997 Turbo chrome logo that's much nicer and will put that on it. When I was at the dealer most of the cars there had the logos removed.

Last edited by number 3; 03-24-2017 at 09:49 AM.
Old 03-24-2017, 10:03 AM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Awesome! And a nice line up of cars!

Old 03-24-2017, 11:48 AM
Site Sponsor
WheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant future
Why go for used when you can get a deal on a brand new set?

- David Nussbaum -
786 249 0127 (ext.2109)
Web: www.wheelsboutique.com
Email: David@wheelsboutique.com
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/WheelsBoutique

Largest HRE Dealer In The World / Largest ANRKY Dealer / BBS Premium Dealer / TechArt Premium Dealer / Vorsteiner / Rotiform / Akrapovic / iPE / Novitec / Brabus / AC Schnitzer / Mansory / Brembo / RENNTech / Weistec / Tubi / Hamman / KW / H&R and tons more.
Old 03-24-2017, 03:00 PM
stealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Fkim011
I have a June allocation for a 2018 build.
  • Jet Black Metallic
  • Black/Bordeaux Interior
  • Porsche Logo and Model painted exterior color
  • Tinted taillights
  • Sunroof with glass
  • ACC
  • Adaptive Sports Seat
  • Heated and Ventilated Seats
  • Smoking Package
  • All Dials in Guards Red
  • Carbon fiber interior package
  • Multifunction steering wheel in carbon fiber
  • Burmester

The wait is going to be agonizing and I will have a decision to make on moving forward and speccing out a GT3.2. I drove a friends 991 GT3 .1 last weekend and I know most will say its a more visceral 991 but I don't know if it's the 991 for me. I just felt like I needed to be in the higher RPM's to get the any kind of oomph out of the engine and the ride was punishing. At least to me anyway. Went to the dealership and test drove a 991 Turbo and was in love. Felt like it was a good balance of power and comfort from a sports car for my usage.

Anyways, now I will stalk the parts classified on hopes to find someone selling a set of HRE p101's for my turbo!!
Excellent build. One suggestion - Get the dials in White rather than Red. White will add some interesting contrast in the interior and will look a lot better. But more importantly than that - the issue with red dials is that there isn't enough contrast between the red needle and the red dial. You will find it annoying.

Old 03-24-2017, 03:05 PM
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot
Excellent build. One suggestion - Get the dials in White rather than Red. White will add some interesting contrast in the interior and will look a lot better. But more importantly than that - the issue with red dials is that there isn't enough contrast between the red needle and the red dial. You will find it annoying.
The same thought crossed my mind today.

I think you're right. I probably will change it ..

Old 03-24-2017, 03:13 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Good point. Cleaner over-all look also

Old 03-25-2017, 05:13 AM
an interesting combination is black dials with white chrono (or in your case maybe red). Makes interior pop a bit without being gaudy. Also, here is rear with PORSCHE removed with rest in chrome.

Name:  10.jpg
Views: 3635
Size:  175.6 KBName:  14.jpg
Views: 3670
Size:  138.7 KB

Old 03-25-2017, 05:39 PM
I actually went luxor beige on the gauges again as I did on my previous Panamera 4S order.

These are my actual photos of my previous car I ordered.

Attached Images   
Old 03-25-2017, 05:44 PM
Originally Posted by number 3
an interesting combination is black dials with white chrono (or in your case maybe red). Makes interior pop a bit without being gaudy. Also, here is rear with PORSCHE removed with rest in chrome.

Looks good but I am not a fan of chrome. I prefer to black it out or just delete all the model designations altogether.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.