Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

anyone install pearl backup camera in Aston?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-27-2017, 03:58 PM
goto35 will become famous soon enoughgoto35 will become famous soon enough
anyone install pearl backup camera in Aston?

Looks like a great concept!

https://pearlauto.com/rearvision

Old 03-27-2017, 04:21 PM
shootermcgav1n has a spectacular aura aboutshootermcgav1n has a spectacular aura about
wow, looks ridiculously simple, kinda makes you wonder why no one had come up w/this already. definitely curious...

Old 03-27-2017, 05:30 PM
Dalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to behold
It looks pretty cool, but not cheap.

Old 03-27-2017, 05:51 PM
alright boys..ive ordered. Will do a review once I have it installed.

Old 03-27-2017, 06:24 PM
W126C will become famous soon enough
I looked into this a month ago and would say it is an option. Not sure where I'd keep the phone. But personally would rather have something working with the existing nav screen. I know, that is real expensive.

Regards,

Old 03-27-2017, 08:40 PM
Aldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud of
Interesting...It is simple...shame does not link into the Nav... I need more for the front. I have had many close calls with curbs...Lucky so far but my luck will run out. I purchased a front sensor but having fun finding a decent way to get the wire into the cab. These cars are built tight. Wonder if you put on the front if it would work?
Thanks for posting...

Old 03-28-2017, 09:02 AM
Jagman70 is on a distinguished road
Backup and Front Cameras

One very good solution is described in great detail by Wysoseereeus as "The Definitive Guide to Backup and Front Camera Installation". This can be found under Aston Martin Frequently Asked Questions.

I planned on doing this installation myself in my 09 Vantage roadster this Spring before driving season in upstate New York. I can't start yet because the needed unit from VovoTech in the Netherlands has gone missing in shipment after clearing U.S. Customs. VovoTech has notified their postal service, PostNL, and they are trying to track it. (This could be a Fall project after all).

When I finally get it completed, I will be pleased to report back.

Old 03-28-2017, 09:33 AM
Aldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud of
Jagman70...thanks for the information..I would be interested how you make out. I have an 09 coupe. I wish you luck with customs. I hope the shipper insured for you. Could you post or PM the website or contact for the cameras so I can research...Thanks

Old 03-28-2017, 09:45 AM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
I just wish my parking sensors worked... lol they appear to not do anything at all

Old 03-28-2017, 10:10 AM
Sonies...Try to clean off the sensors... my back up sensors seemed crazy and not working...I found when I waxed the car I covered them a little too much...haha---try cleaning them off and you may find they start acting correct.

Old 03-28-2017, 12:53 PM
Aldo, If you refer to the article written by Wysoseereeus "The Definitive Guide to Backup and Front Camera Installation" it provides the VovoTech link. You will see that the Nav in older AM cars is Volvo based. The added device allows for 2 camera inputs that will display on the Nav screen.
I liked the Pearl RearVision System but don't like having to use my i-phone as the screen. They do not offer a front view camera.

Old 03-28-2017, 01:00 PM
Originally Posted by Jagman70
Aldo, If you refer to the article written by Wysoseereeus "The Definitive Guide to Backup and Front Camera Installation" it provides the VovoTech link. You will see that the Nav in older AM cars is Volvo based. The added device allows for 2 camera inputs that will display on the Nav screen.
I liked the Pearl RearVision System but don't like having to use my i-phone as the screen. They do not offer a front view camera.
I agree. nothing like having it in the nav but have you seen the process involved? Probally 4-6 hours of labor and gutting your whole car. this is a simple 10 mins procedure and your done. and can be removed in 5 mins.

Old 03-28-2017, 02:46 PM
shootermcgav1n has a spectacular aura aboutshootermcgav1n has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by goto35
I agree. nothing like having it in the nav but have you seen the process involved? Probally 4-6 hours of labor and gutting your whole car. this is a simple 10 mins procedure and your done. and can be removed in 5 mins.
after watching the video only thing that disappoints me is that the field of view isn't a fisheye view, i mean yeah you can move the camera, but i'd much prefer to see the entire area behind the car from the get go.

Old 03-28-2017, 03:55 PM
Originally Posted by goto35
Agreed. Instaling the VovoTech unit looks quite doable but time consuming. I have a roadster and believe it is much easier (time will tell) on this type of car because the existing nav unit is right under the convertible top boot. Someone else posted a thread on this. The coupes require a lot of interior disassembly just to get to the nav unit. Also, it looks like the rear camera is easier to install than the front.

The Pearl unit is simple and wireless. I believe it only requires a plug in the OBDII slot to make it work. It would be the perfect unit if an adapter was available to have it send it's picture to the GPS screen rather than an iPhone.

Old 03-28-2017, 04:13 PM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
For about the same cost I installed an EDGE CTS2 performance monitor with a back-up camera in a Truck. works very well, Monitor plugs into the OBDII port came power n ground with an RCA for the universal camera.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.